Two paths of Alien movies

Started by Kradan, Feb 21, 2019, 02:56:16 PM

What do you prefer to be in Alien movies?

Developed characters
4 (17.4%)
Fascinating mythology
2 (8.7%)
Perfect blend of both
17 (73.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author
Two paths of Alien movies (Read 2,341 times)

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 24, 2019, 11:12:55 PM
Push the creator, creation angle even farther by revealing the SJ's created the Engineers eons ago, some cataclysm happened and they disappeared. They discovered the Alien, it destroyed them. The Engineers, millennia later inherited their technology.

The Pathogen, which the SJs derived from the Alien, somehow (the audience isn't told) is all that remains of that Galactic extinction event. Ruins, and technological remains. The SJ's wanted to fight fire with fire with the Pathogen, but the Pathogen- although destructive to worlds- couldn't infect or best the Alien. In fact it always worked it's way towards something resembling the Alien more and more with each use. All the Space Jockey's race die, all but a few. They're effectively extinct.

So the Engineers, in their hubris- flying too close to the sun, make the same mistakes in using this almost "seductively" powerful Pathogen, believing they can control it- it leaves their civilizations in ruins LV-223 being the source of the main disaster, which they abandon. So obviously they banish the Wolf, undo their creation but in the process become the insular and primitive society we see in Covenant.

David gets the wrong end of the stick, believes he's creating something original but in reality it is guiding him to almost supernaturally, resurrect the Alien from extinction.
He would realise this when he discovers the Derelict, or the Derelict discovers him- and that would be his grand downfall- not just physically but mentally.

Pretty much all of this. 👍

TC

TC

@old one

You've put a lot of thought into this. I like.

TC

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I like Old One's ideas too as a hardcore fan. I just see difficulty translating that to film, one where general audiences will understand and want to consume.

The Old One

The Old One

You can frame the whole story around the last two paragraphs and infer the rest. You don't need to sit the audience down and turn David into an exposition machine to explain it all.

Hell, you could even have a Star Wars/Blade Runner/Mass Effect opening text to explain most of it.

The real Heaven trick is what you do with the interactions between all these elements once they're in place, and I leave that up to a good writer or a team of good writers.

TC

TC

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 25, 2019, 04:07:29 AM
I like Old One's ideas too as a hardcore fan. I just see difficulty translating that to film, one where general audiences will understand and want to consume.

It's mostly back story and premise ( I'm not diminishing it, this stuff is important too). So you'd still have to plot a compelling story for your characters to drive through.

But you know, every good script begins with an idea somewhere in the writer's mind, and I like this one.

TC

The Old One

The Old One

Oh yes definitely, I didn't have the general plot in mind when I wrote that- but I have no doubt it could be incorporated. To an excellent script for a film, or scripts for a series.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I want a comprehensive outline.

The Old One

The Old One

Denied. :D

No thank you lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed