Started by Kradan, Feb 05, 2019, 10:28:12 PM

What is better?

The Predator
72 (55%)
AVPR
59 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author
The Predator VS AVPR (Read 54,396 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jul 27, 2020, 04:20:14 PM
I don't think Ridley is that reliable to say stuff like that, Alien is what it is today thanks to Giger and O'bannon and Ronald Shusett aswel as Ridley, Ridley didn't make the alien, he directed it, don't give all the credit to him, specially since he doesn't know what to do with this franchise beyond using it to tell a completely different story

Giler and Hill too.  Didn't they invent the aspects of the lore that Ridley is so keen on exploring now?

https://alienseries.wordpress.com/tag/ash/

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 27, 2020, 07:10:13 PM
I don't think Ridley is that reliable to say stuff like that, Alien is what it is today thanks to Giger and O'bannon and Ronald Shusett aswel as Ridley, Ridley didn't make the alien, he directed it, don't give all the credit to him, specially since he doesn't know what to do with this franchise beyond using it to tell a completely different story

Giler and Hill too.  Didn't they invent the aspects of the lore that Ridley is so keen on exploring now?

Exactly! Alien wasn't only Ridley's, Alien came to be because it was an amalgamation of great writers, a great director and a great artist coming together, I really dislike when people try to say "Ridley made Alien so he knows what's best for it" (specially when they try to defend the retcons in Covenant) cuz it's basically untrue

judge death

judge death

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jul 27, 2020, 07:30:59 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 27, 2020, 07:10:13 PM

Exactly! Alien wasn't only Ridley's, Alien came to be because it was an amalgamation of great writers, a great director and a great artist coming together, I really dislike when people try to say "Ridley made Alien so he knows what's best for it" (specially when they try to defend the retcons in Covenant) cuz it's basically untrue

Ridley has a way too much credit for the movie, I would rank them:
Dan o bannon: the main key person in making the movie and coming up with the main plots and the mythical themes.
Giger: for the designs of the derelight and the space jockey and the xenomorph itself.
Giler and hill:  for making the final adjustments on the script and story and adding the ash android and some more world building.
Ridley for shoting the movie and make it look bigger budget than it was and the acting and minor adjustments.

But all of these people worked together and none had a veto, unlike today where ridley like george lucas do whatever he feels like and hasnt to obey the other idea makers.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It was also when Laddie ran Fox.

SiL

SiL

Scott was instrumental in getting Giger on board from O'Bannon's suggestion and keeping the Jockey scene in place.

He may get too much credit sometimes but let's not swing too far the opposite way.

SM

SM

Riddles was responsible for how everyone's ideas came together (including his own) and how the movie ultimately came out.

He's given just the right amount of credit.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

AvP-R just needs 18 more votes!

Any takers?  ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I want to change my vote  :'(

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 05, 2021, 07:49:23 PM

I'll ask Hicks if he can do some magic!  :)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 05, 2021, 08:37:57 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 05, 2021, 07:49:23 PM

I'll ask Hicks if he can do some magic!  :)

Thank you.  :)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

It's now amended so users can change their votes.  :)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

The results are ok like that !  :P

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

It's not my fault Immortan Jonesy has seen the error in his ways by voting "The Predator"! ;D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Predator is better though, simply because it's not 100% complete shit.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Can it be 100% complete sh*t though, if there are a few aspects you liked? Wouldn't it, to be fair, just be 90% sh*t?  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed