Started by Kradan, Feb 05, 2019, 10:28:12 PM

What is better?

The Predator
72 (55%)
AVPR
59 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author
The Predator VS AVPR (Read 54,011 times)

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 24, 2019, 02:51:47 AM
I'll admit it: I'm a filthy casual when it comes to the Predator franchise so I don't have the trained eye that some of you do.

What am I missing?

FINALLY! He admits it.  :D

But in all serious. The mouths. They are...gaping. Also reference what Samhain13 said. The new ones are too...floppy? They aren't right. They don't look good at all. 🤮

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

^^^^^^What they said^^^^^^

First two: Predator 1 and 2. Beautiful.

The rest? A mess.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 24, 2019, 03:09:01 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 24, 2019, 02:51:47 AM
I'll admit it: I'm a filthy casual when it comes to the Predator franchise so I don't have the trained eye that some of you do.

What am I missing?

FINALLY! He admits it.  :D

But in all serious. The mouths. They are...gaping. Also reference what Samhain13 said. The new ones are too...floppy? They aren't right. They don't look good at all. 🤮

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 24, 2019, 03:11:42 AM

The rest? A mess.

Maybe they've just had a couple of kids?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 24, 2019, 03:18:11 AM
Maybe they've just had a couple of kids?

With Mr. Krabs? That dog!

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

QuoteMaybe they've just had a couple of kids?

Spoiler

[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Don't let him fool you, Local has been through the mandible discussion a hundred times. Just like with the egg on the sulaco, he just likes to nudge people into the same repeating discussions for all eternity because it amuses him. He is the trickster god of these forums.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 24, 2019, 03:32:27 AM
Don't let him fool you, Local had been through the mandible discussion a hundred times. Just like with the egg on the sulaco, he just likes to nudge people into the same repeating discussions for all eternity becuase it amuses him. He is the trickster god of these forums.

He still shot second. So it's not like it even matters.  ;D

Samhain13

Samhain13

Bunch of slack jawed predators around here.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 24, 2019, 03:35:22 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 24, 2019, 03:32:27 AM
Don't let him fool you, Local had been through the mandible discussion a hundred times. Just like with the egg on the sulaco, he just likes to nudge people into the same repeating discussions for all eternity becuase it amuses him. He is the trickster god of these forums.

He still shot second. So it's not like it even matters.  ;D

The most epic blaster fight of all time...

proto leech

proto leech

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 23, 2019, 10:46:14 PM
It's...
The CRABATORS!

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 24, 2019, 03:11:42 AM

The rest? A mess.

In all the years since the winston era ADI has managed to fail at making a predator face that is at least on the same caliber as the original, its almost funny. the students failed to surpass the old master

Even in The Predator with everything available to them in 2018 i could still see the seams inbetween the mandibles.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

In all the years since the winston era ADI has managed to fail at making a predator face that is at least on the same caliber as the original, its almost funny. the students failed to surpass the old master

Even in The Predator with everything available to them in 2018 i could still see the seams inbetween the mandibles.
Wholeheartedly agree. There are some amateur artists out there who do work on suits that rival ADI...at least, in my opinion.

*shrug.*

SiL

SiL

Even Winston didn't do as good a job the second time round on the mouth for movement.

ADI had some of the original Predator creators working for them like Steve Wang. The talent's there, the execution isn't. The guy who sculpted the original Predator face unfortunately passed away fairly recently.

SM

SM

QuoteHe is the trickster god of these forums.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

To be honest, I've never seen any of the Alien or Predator movies.  I'm nothing but a fraud.

SiL

SiL

So our marriage is a sham?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed