If Vader had not been Luke’s father what would the plot of the prequel have been

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Jan 13, 2019, 11:52:01 PM

Author
If Vader had not been Luke’s father what would the plot of the prequel have been (Read 2,526 times)

whiterabbit

Sorry that's just me craving a real war in the star wars. :P

Highland

I don't think it ups the anti, it just makes the force irrelevant.

"Not even master Yoda has a count this high"

You guys are going into Ryan Johnson territory, any old nobody can have the Force, stick it in a test tube and unleash the Jedi.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 14, 2019, 10:37:00 PM
That's what makes it such a dangerous new development in the arms race of the Clone Wars.  Besides, there may be a catch and drawbacks that make it imperfect...

Highland

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 15, 2019, 02:44:25 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 14, 2019, 10:37:00 PM
That's what makes it such a dangerous new development in the arms race of the Clone Wars.  Besides, there may be a catch and drawbacks that make it imperfect...

The Force is the thing that breaks the arms war though, the fact you've got to train your skills etc.

It's like saying Bruce Lee was the greatest martial artist ever, but screw it we can just make more Bruce Lee's.

The whole point of the force is that you can't just sprinkle some on yer cornflakes and become Rey.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed, gotta agree with Highland here;

Local Trouble

I never said the clones are created with the ability to use the Force without training.  That's why Obi-Wan takes on Darth as an apprentice in the first place.

Highland

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 16, 2019, 12:37:51 PM
I never said the clones are created with the ability to use the Force without training.  That's why Obi-Wan takes on Darth as an apprentice in the first place.

Yeah but then why search the galaxy for force users when you can just cook em up in the basement.

I do get your point about it going tits up though, that would have to be the condition, that a clone force user is kinda like the fake Sunny's you buy on holiday.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Highland on Jan 16, 2019, 12:51:43 PM
Yeah but then why search the galaxy for force users when you can just cook em up in the basement.

Part of the secret to successful Jedi-cloning is that it only works if the genetic material is harvested from a live Jedi, which is why Anakin (and then Obi-Wan) were captured and held prisoner.  They can't just steal DNA from a corpse and clone infinite copies of the original.  This would be established in the backstory I talked about before.

The Old One

The Old One

Nah, sorry- just not a fan of the idea.
I loved how it was handled in Canon.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 15, 2019, 02:15:58 AM
Sorry that's just me craving a real war in the star wars. :P

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 16, 2019, 01:34:44 PMI loved how it was handled in Canon.

I don't recall it being handled at all in canon.  If anything, the video you posted actually supports my ideas.

The Old One

The Old One

The Clones, TCW Series.

As for cloning Force Users,
you can't- according to it.

Highland

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 16, 2019, 12:56:41 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jan 16, 2019, 12:51:43 PM

Part of the secret to successful Jedi-cloning is that it only works if the genetic material is harvested from a live Jedi, which is why Anakin (and then Obi-Wan) were captured and held prisoner.  They can't just steal DNA from a corpse and clone infinite copies of the original.  This would be established in the backstory I talked about before.

Alive, dead, i don't think it matters.

I like the idea of an anti force being though, like established in the novel's. I could dig the clone idea if maybe it was designed to be an anti Jedi weapon. It would be an interesting spin on a fight scene.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 16, 2019, 01:48:42 PM
The Clones, TCW Series.

As for cloning Force Users,
you can't- according to it.

Well, I'm not going to try to persuade you to like something you just don't like.  My concept of Jedi-cloning is that it was impossible until there was a breakthrough, which is the impetus for much of what happens in my story.

Quote from: Highland on Jan 16, 2019, 01:54:00 PM
Alive, dead, i don't think it matters.

It "matters" in my version of the story.  If you have your own ideas, feel free.

Highland

I'm interested to see if they go anywhere with the Journal of the Whills stuff.

I'm all for the different ways the Force can go, I just think it was terribly executed in that movie that I'm not going to mention.

Local Trouble

I'd prefer to leave it unexplained, to be honest.  Too much exposition was one the biggest problems with the prequels.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed