Alien: Blackout Details Announced

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 07, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

Author
Alien: Blackout Details Announced (Read 51,331 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Hudson on Jan 08, 2019, 03:19:08 PM
Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Jan 08, 2019, 01:50:48 PM

Quote from: SiL on Jan 08, 2019, 01:04:43 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed there's not another console/PC Isolation game.

But the world is not obligated to satisfy my expectations, so there's no sense shitting on this release for not pandering to my whims.

Very true, but you're also not obligated to be satisfied with every product released in the franchise either.

Being disappointed in a product ≠ shitting on a product.

I just want to make sure we realize the difference between toxic fandom (a serious issue) and genuine disappointment (a normal human reaction).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This. If I'm actually being accused of being a toxic fan for not being happy with this announcement...get real.

My (least) favorite thing about this thread is the negative reaction to the (understandable) negative reactions. Unless you have ALIEN FAN tattooed on your forehead, the "unhinged vitriol" doesn't immediately affect you or represent you to others, so what does it matter? The people in here actively criticizing others' reactions are coming off as shills.

What is literally the worst thing that can happen to the Alien franchise because of backlash over this? They might not make another mobile game. That's it. Boo f**king hoo. The majority of comments made here, comments in other media platforms, and articles written by game journalists indicate that the majority of Alien fans engaged in online discourse didn't want this.

Not a single person in this thread has been prevented or prohibited from eventually buying and playing this game as a result of anyone's gut reaction yesterday.

"Won't somebody think of the whiners???"

Local Trouble

Can we expect the story in this game to join the hallowed ranks of Alien canon alongside the likes of Out of the Shadows?

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 08, 2019, 04:41:08 PM
I don't necessarily have a problem with mobile games, I just don't like that they're exclusive to mobile platforms.  I might actually play this if it didn't require a tablet or a smartphone since I have neither.

FOX really needs you to get with the program, OK. You're just holding everyone back.

Don't be that guy/girl/they/them/xim/xer/attack helicopter

Local Trouble

I didn't get a 55" HDTV so I could play games on a phone.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 08, 2019, 10:36:47 PM
I didn't get a 55" HDTV so I could play games on a phone.

Got a 55 incher myself.

...TV, that is.

Nukiemorph

I got a 75", on which I will play the Cold Iron Studios game.

Until that comes out, I will play Blackout on my phone.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still Collating...

Quote from: Xhan on Jan 08, 2019, 10:28:18 PM
I don't necessarily have a problem with mobile games, I just don't like that they're exclusive to mobile platforms.  I might actually play this if it didn't require a tablet or a smartphone since I have neither.

FOX really needs you to get with the program, OK. You're just holding everyone back.

I knew that mobile games made lots of cash, but this much? HOW?!  :o

Eldritch_DM

Exasperated Sigh.

SM

SM

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jan 08, 2019, 11:35:48 PM

If you ever take public transport - have a look around.

Vermillion

Quote from: SM on Jan 08, 2019, 11:57:53 PM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Jan 08, 2019, 11:35:48 PM

If you ever take public transport - have a look around.
Yeah. But

Vrastal

Vrastal

Asain market looooves mobile gaming

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: SM on Jan 08, 2019, 10:06:39 PM
Quote from: Hudson on Jan 08, 2019, 03:19:08 PM
Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Jan 08, 2019, 01:50:48 PM

Quote from: SiL on Jan 08, 2019, 01:04:43 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed there's not another console/PC Isolation game.

But the world is not obligated to satisfy my expectations, so there's no sense shitting on this release for not pandering to my whims.

Very true, but you're also not obligated to be satisfied with every product released in the franchise either.

Being disappointed in a product ≠ shitting on a product.

I just want to make sure we realize the difference between toxic fandom (a serious issue) and genuine disappointment (a normal human reaction).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This. If I'm actually being accused of being a toxic fan for not being happy with this announcement...get real.

My (least) favorite thing about this thread is the negative reaction to the (understandable) negative reactions. Unless you have ALIEN FAN tattooed on your forehead, the "unhinged vitriol" doesn't immediately affect you or represent you to others, so what does it matter? The people in here actively criticizing others' reactions are coming off as shills.

What is literally the worst thing that can happen to the Alien franchise because of backlash over this? They might not make another mobile game. That's it. Boo f**king hoo. The majority of comments made here, comments in other media platforms, and articles written by game journalists indicate that the majority of Alien fans engaged in online discourse didn't want this.

Not a single person in this thread has been prevented or prohibited from eventually buying and playing this game as a result of anyone's gut reaction yesterday.

"Won't somebody think of the whiners???"

Again, what was the correct response to the Alien Blackout reveal that most of us have allegedly gotten wrong?

"Won't someone think of the wholesome corporation trying to sell us stuff???

Vermillion

Hudson

Hudson

I think the true answer is more authoritarian than the proponents want to admit.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Your a real peach Hudson.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed