Alien: Blackout Details Announced

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 07, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

Author
Alien: Blackout Details Announced (Read 51,366 times)

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 08, 2019, 01:38:21 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Jan 08, 2019, 01:27:30 AM

Quote from: MattFiler on Jan 07, 2019, 09:55:06 PM
So here's something nobody seems to be talking about in amongst the Alien: Blackout news...
FoxNext announced that Cold Iron Studios' game is a MMO.
First bit of info we've had about the game since January last year.

https://www.dualshockers.com/alien-mmo-shooter-pc-consoles-foxnext/

Oh f**k everything.

HUGGS NO! DON'T GIVE UP!! I, I MEAN WE, NEED MORE HUMOR! I'M STILL DYING FROM THE LAST POST YOU MADE ABOUT THE MOBILE GAME...  :D

D88M

D88M

"Dont you guys have phones?" Version 2019, what a load of crap.

Tooki

Tooki

You'd think that after all the bad press Blizzard and Konami got for Diablo and Castlevania mobile, other studios would take a hint...we're just not into it.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SM on Jan 08, 2019, 01:31:12 AM
This isn't a "genuine entry"?

Not in my opinion.

But I was more stating what the gaming community thinks of Mobile gaming,
due to its history of getting triple AAA console sequels to critically acclaimed series cancelled-
in favour of cheaper Mobile entries, many drowning in microtransactions.

Voodoo Magic

I'm going to fill this thread with....

Vrastal

Vrastal

From what ive read mobile gaming is huge in the asian markets so companies are hoping on the bandwagon to milk it for all its worth

Local Trouble

I think they're holding out for the Alien Entitlement game you mentioned earlier.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 08, 2019, 01:45:32 AM

Not in my opinion.

But I was more stating what the gaming community thinks of Mobile gaming,
due to its history of getting triple AAA console sequels to critically acclaimed series cancelled-
in favour of cheaper Mobile entries, many drowning in microtransactions.

Gotta agree here, you really can't put mobile games in the same class as full priced PC/Console releases. One is meant to pass the time and usually to scam people out of their money, the other is supposed to (often failing these days) create a worthwhile experience to sink many hours into.

The negative reputation of mobile games has been well earned, but again, the fact that this isn't free to play is actually a good sign.

While this backlash is disheartening, it's 100% unsurprising and should've been easily spotted and mitigated by Fox.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I think it's alright as something on the side. And honestly, I expected it. They shouldn't have built so much hype for it though.

I'm more disappointed about Cold Iron's game being an MMO.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: PsyKore on Jan 08, 2019, 01:59:33 AM
I think it's alright as something on the side. And honestly, I expected it. They shouldn't have built so much hype for it though.

I'm more disappointed about Cold Iron's game being an MMO.

I'm 2 for 2, and it feels awful.

Vrastal

Vrastal

I will be suprised if there arent micro transactions on top of the base price "buy 5 extra power boost for $.99 includes one extra alien deterent(consumed on use)"

RidgeTop

Vrastal

Vrastal

Wow, not a true sequal just milking that ripley(amanda or ellen doesnt matter anymore) name for all its worth

Voodoo Magic

I believe I'm remembering correctly that SEGA announced they were disappointed with "Alien: Isolation" sales, and labeled them as 'weak'.  If correct, I have to believe that is a factor here.

TheYautjaDestroyer

Massive Oof

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed