The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 67,288 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 20, 2019, 09:13:44 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 20, 2019, 09:09:44 PM
It'll be strange if they have the characters use contemporary profanity.  I don't recall any F-bombs in the 40k novels I've read.

There's one or two, but they're rare. It's usually "feth". Shit, bitch, bastard, etc show up more regularly.

"Feth," huh?  That's a new one to me.  I'll have to watch for it.

I just hope they give Dan Abnett a certain amount of creative control so they can maintain the proper level of immersion.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Anyone else seen those Bandai large scale Space Marine model kits?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Aug 02, 2019, 11:43:46 AM

Are they actually kits? I thought they were just pre-built action figures/dolls.

*edit*

Yup:

QuoteIt's a fully painted, 7-inch-tall Primaris Space Marine, featuring multiple points of articulation, exchangeable weapons, and all sorts of other cool details, brought to life on a new scale

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Now that's something I might actually buy.  Especially if there's a wide variety of chapters and not just Ultramarines.

However, I'm not interested in painting them myself.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 02, 2019, 07:19:34 AM

...Is that a Saurus Warrior riding a Lictor?

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I don't know if anyone's talked about this here but Bandai is making a Primaris Space Marine figure. I think it's gonna be fully painted but I haven't seen what Chapter they'll do. Kind of hope there's more than one. Anyway this is it, he's a pretty big boy

Also can someone tell me if the Inquisitor game is worth getting? I heard it's shit but I'm a sucker for Warahmmer and Diablo so yeah.

Immortan Jonesy

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Vertigo on Aug 03, 2019, 08:42:35 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 02, 2019, 07:19:34 AM

...Is that a Saurus Warrior riding a Lictor?

Definitely not a GW lizardman, but it might be some obscure 40k xeno race. I'm of the opinion it's prolly somebody's RPG character from DnD that they've shoehorned into other settings (see also; Riddick).

Quote from: Deathbearer on Aug 04, 2019, 03:38:03 AM
I don't know if anyone's talked about this here 

Two posts above yours :D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I still wonder how customizable they'll be.  I'd also like to see a Chaos Marine in that scale.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 02, 2019, 07:14:00 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Aug 02, 2019, 11:43:46 AM

Are they actually kits? I thought they were just pre-built action figures/dolls.

*edit*

Yup:

QuoteIt's a fully painted, 7-inch-tall Primaris Space Marine, featuring multiple points of articulation, exchangeable weapons, and all sorts of other cool details, brought to life on a new scale

The two pictures I saw of them at some con they were grey so I assumed they were unbuilt/unpainted kits (kind of like their current star wars stuff).
I'll probably pick one or two up depending on the price, and I agree about them making a chaos marine to compliment it.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Can't wait to see how the Eisenhorn TV series will turn out.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Anyone got a chance to look at the new Space Marines codex yet?

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

I only skimmed through it.

The book seems to have tons of options, with custom chapter tactics reminiscent of their 4th edition book.

Intercessors got a lot of exclusive stratagems, generally there is a shift towards primaris again and away from the classic marines. But that was inevitable at some point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed