Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 135,831 times)

Kradan

Man, her neck is LONG !

Immortan Jonesy

Oh well that's cos..
Spoiler
she is soo biomechanical  8)

[close]

Ingwar

Ingwar

The Android Chainsaw Massacre

zalexis

also, initial concept idea

Ingwar

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: zalexis on Feb 11, 2022, 08:19:32 AM
also, initial concept idea

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ0w5dajnJ5/

The sort of glowy, not quite completely formed skin there...

Spoiler
I wonder if we might see some of that aesthetic in Grandmother for a moment, as she begins to wake/re-form her body?
[close]

Ridlazz921

The Trust voice kinda reminds me of Starcrafts character Aldaris from Starcraft, Especially the way they have voice modulated him.
All thought he once was a Imperial officer xD

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 10, 2022, 11:55:23 AM
Episode 3 spoilers:

Spoiler
Seems like there could be two snakes, since (for the time being) Mother's Number 7 seems to not be hostile and seems to be unable to withstand the acid water, despite the snake last week doing just that. What if there's a second, more hardy snake – one born from the ancient Grandmother android that Father is bringing back to life, thousands of years ago?

Last season we saw remains from an ancient miscarriage in temple where Mother gave birth to Number 7. Maybe Grandmother was a much more ancient (perhaps the very first?) success story in the android-gives-birth-to-snake chain of events?
[close]

Rewatched the episode. In regards to my above speculation...

Spoiler
Thinking now, perhaps, that the second creature is something purely aquatic, and not necessarily another serpent. Only time will tell, of course, and I am very curious to find out.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I wonder if Father is
Spoiler
thinking of uploading his consciousness to the ancient android.
[close]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 13, 2022, 02:33:04 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 10, 2022, 11:55:23 AM
Episode 3 spoilers:

Spoiler
Seems like there could be two snakes, since (for the time being) Mother's Number 7 seems to not be hostile and seems to be unable to withstand the acid water, despite the snake last week doing just that. What if there's a second, more hardy snake – one born from the ancient Grandmother android that Father is bringing back to life, thousands of years ago?

Last season we saw remains from an ancient miscarriage in temple where Mother gave birth to Number 7. Maybe Grandmother was a much more ancient (perhaps the very first?) success story in the android-gives-birth-to-snake chain of events?
[close]

Rewatched the episode. In regards to my above speculation...

Spoiler
Thinking now, perhaps, that the second creature is something purely aquatic, and not necessarily another serpent. Only time will tell, of course, and I am very curious to find out.
[close]

The theory makes sense. Even Father speculated that
Spoiler
Mother is not the only machine capable of creating life.
[close]

Although a part of me wants it to be a
Spoiler
Number 8 ;D

[close]

Oh and the mountain
Spoiler
Mother climbed to kill number 7
[close]
looked like a piece of Alien Covenant concept art done by artist Steve Messing

Nightmare Asylum

Huh, neat connection with the Covenant art. Not sure if the mountain here is actually drawing on that art, but the two are definitely drawing on the same wells of inspiration, at the very least.

BlueMarsalis79

I know nothing about RBW but that concept reminded me of something:

Kradan

Just add some milk

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 16, 2022, 12:52:54 PM
I know nothing about RBW but that concept reminded me of something:

Huh, very cool. I totally forgot that Covenant's marketing also showcased the androids' "skeletons" as having a sort of mesh layer like that.

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 16, 2022, 12:59:25 PM
Just add some milk

BlueMarsalis79

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed