Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 135,857 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteI know he's a force of nature. So, yeah, we're blessed. He's, he's still involved in the show and it's great because when you're designing like a new monster or something, You can ask Ridley Scott what he thinks. That's always a great thing

The complete first season is now listed on Blu-Ray.com with some technical specifications. No word on the bonus/extras situation yet.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Raised-by-Wolves-The-Complete-First-Season-Blu-ray/310050/

Ingwar

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 02, 2022, 02:35:06 AM
Just got lucky on eBay managed to get a copy of the behind the scenes press kit book from season one that was sent out to some websites and whatnot while HBO Max was ramping up on initial promotion for the series. Just ordered it tonight, so I don't have it in hand yet, but here are a few general photos from the eBay listing:

I hate you ;D

Nightmare Asylum

I have watched both episodes that have dropped for today's season two premiere.

Not going to delve into spoilers just yet but... man, it is so good to have this show back.

zalexis

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 03, 2022, 11:49:36 AM
Not going to delve into spoilers just yet but... man, it is so good to have this show back.

I've been collecting interviews here: https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbywolves/comments/sibbvu/first_interviews_from_s2_press_junket_are_out/

BUT I lost track of what is posted here already and what not. If u think it's helpful for u to have a look and take from there what's missing and post it here ...

Ingwar

Nightmare Asylum

To delve into some spoilers now...

Spoiler
The bones that Father found are almost certainly going to end up being the new "Grandmother" character that we are slated to meet this season. Wonder if she has any connection to the birthing ritual of the past? Maybe, like Mother, she too gave birth to a serpent? She might also be a Necromancer (or something akin to the Necromancers) since we know from season one that the Necromancer blueprints were embedded in the Mithraic scriptures... and the scriptures presumably come from the "signal" that's been posing as the voice of Sol/creator Campion/Mouse/Tally. Also, speaking of the signal/voice, I like that Mother and Sue are starting to put the pieces together there, and find the idea that the Tropical Zone is interfering with the signal to be an interesting one.
[close]

Preview for episode 3 looks phenomenal. Can't wait for next week.

zalexis

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 04, 2022, 12:25:32 AM

Preview for episode 3 looks phenomenal. Can't wait for next week.

Any chance u can grab and share that Sneak Peak. And the Weeks Ahead. I saw a couple more which are of interest under each episode. I'd like to see any of this if u can help.

My HBO Go has zero extras  :'(

Nightmare Asylum

If I find them I'll be sure to post, though I watch directly through HBO Max in the States. Not sure if someone posts the extra stuff online somewhere – hopefully it ends up on the HBO Max YouTube channel at least.

Also, can't get enough of The Trust. In a couple episodes chock full of cool new concepts, that one might just be the most intriguing. I'm sure they're building to big things for The Trust this season as it all pans out.

zalexis

zalexis

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 04, 2022, 02:42:38 PM
Not sure if someone posts the extra stuff online somewhere – hopefully it ends up on the HBO Max YouTube channel at least.

They don't. I know this from S1. They never made some of the extras available outside their platform. Some of the BTS vids yes, were later available on YT. But not all the extras, and this includes: This season on, episode recaps, and sneak peeks into the next episode.
Now, most of the future stuff is part of the YT trailer/teaser but NOT all. Last season, there were small scenes/frames that were exclusively on their platform in US. And I found them on a platform in Singapore but still I can't watch them w/o a subscription. Eventually I got some bootleg filmed w/ a phone from TV, but I don't speak w/ my American contact atm   :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 04, 2022, 02:42:38 PM
Also, can't get enough of The Trust. In a couple episodes chock full of cool new concepts, that one might just be the most intriguing. I'm sure they're building to big things for The Trust this season as it all pans out.

To add to this, after browsing through the list of interviews that zalexis shared, I can't remember if this detail was explicitly mentioned in yesterday's episodes or not (I definitely need to give them a rewatch this weekend, already very much itching to do so) but I just caught in one of Guzikowski's interviews that The Trust...

Spoiler
...is "organic" to some degree and was "grown" on Earth. God, every word I hear about this thing is just even more fascinating than the last.
[close]

zalexis

zalexis

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 04, 2022, 03:38:12 PM
To add to this, after browsing through the list of interviews that zalexis shared, I can't remember if this detail was explicitly mentioned in yesterday's episodes or not (I definitely need to give them a rewatch this weekend, already very much itching to do so) but I just caught in one of Guzikowski's interviews that The Trust...
Spoiler
...is "organic" to some degree and was "grown" on Earth. God, every word I hear about this thing is just even more fascinating than the last.
[close]

That post is an ongoing thing and I didn't have the time to update all the key points w/ info from later interviews, only added the new links. Regarding The Trust, that info is reiterated in the official podcast at 12:32 youtu.be/0wAbTSag3IQ?t=752
Spoiler
In addition, it's supposedly incorruptible and it cannot be reprogrammed
[close]

If u'r curious what I think, I'll copy/paste my answer from the other place tho, Idk if it's wise to populate this lovely informative thread w/ my opinions/speculations. 
Spoiler
Trust was created by Campion Sturges - the Mithraic engineer turncoat who "denounced Sol, stole technology for the enemy". I'm sure that The Trust is based on Mithraic (from the Scriptures) tech. The appearance of The Trust has honeycomb like shapes and patterns/shapes similar to the pentagonal temple and the relics found on K22b.
It's possible that the K22b rogue AI (which may or may not be Sol) started the same way as The Trust.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: zalexis on Feb 04, 2022, 04:07:51 PM
If u'r curious what I think, I'll copy/paste my answer from the other place tho, Idk if it's wise to populate this lovely informative thread w/ my opinions/speculations. 
Spoiler
Trust was created by Campion Sturges - the Mithraic engineer turncoat who "denounced Sol, stole technology for the enemy". I'm sure that The Trust is based on Mithraic (from the Scriptures) tech. The appearance of The Trust has honeycomb like shapes and patterns/shapes similar to the pentagonal temple and the relics found on K22b.
It's possible that the K22b rogue AI (which may or may not be Sol) started the same way as The Trust.
[close]

Oh, that is a very good theory.

Spoiler
And if that is the case, if it is Kepler/proto-Mithraic scripture tech in origin, then perhaps it being house here on Kepler now might actually open it up to a certain level of reprogramming from the Kepler AI. At the very least, I fully expect to see the two speak to one another, and if the Kepler AI can get The Trust to change its mind about some things.....
[close]

zalexis

zalexis

Looks like I was at least partially wrong. We've got the This season on, if not the rest of the extras.

https://twitter.com/RaisedWolvesMAX/status/1489690249827471360

As w/ the interviews post, I'm collecting the recent BTS pics/vids from cast & crew here.
https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbywolves/comments/skpgcx/recent_bts_picturesvideos_from_cast_crew/

If anyone wants to check that and post here whatever you find interesting and/or relevant...

PS: This juggling between forums is a bit ridiculous BUT I was so happy when I first found this very informative  thread that kinda documented the show since it was announced that I want to contribute.

Also, this just popped up on my yt notifications
https://youtu.be/jwkx9rIuFIs

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed