Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 138,087 times)

Local Trouble

No wonder Vermillion seldom posts.

Ingwar

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 15, 2021, 08:56:14 PM
His fingerprints are still all over it, at least. Though at the end of the day, this is Guzikowski's baby even more than it is Scott's.

Yeah, for that reason I'm not worried. I trust anyone who writes stuff like Prisoners.

Kradan

I guess, without Ridley show will be more straightforward and will have less "WTF is this?" stuff. I'm not sure though: take it as positive or negative ?

Ingwar

Ingwar

It doesn't really matter as Aaron is the showrunner not Scott. It's Aaron's story. Also according to interview with Scott and Guzikowski season 2
Spoiler
"starts off with something which is more kind of action orientated (...) it begins differentially, we don't get esoteric".
[close]
Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 02, 2021, 06:28:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCdj3WMlLIM&feature=youtu.be
48:45

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 15, 2021, 09:22:42 PM
I guess, without Ridley show will be more straightforward and will have less "WTF is this?" stuff. I'm not sure though: take it as positive or negative ?

I don't know if I'd say that, since all of the 'WTF' stuff was there when Guzikowski brought the project to ScottFree in the first place. The finale's ending, birth and all, was one of the first things he actually pitched to Ridley when they met.

Ridley was responsible for a lot of the look of the production - pushing Guzikowski towards making the Androids' blood white (Guzikowski was afraid of ripping off Alien there, but Ridley essentially said 'f**k it'), bringing some of that Moebius aesthetic that is prominent in the costuming and architecture (gotta love Ridley's electric razor being the basis for the ship Mother and Father arrive to Kepler-22b on :D ), hiring past collaborators like Luke Scott, Sergio Mimica-Gezzan, Carlos Huante, Marc Streitenfeld, etc.

The core narrative stuff all came from Guzikowski's writing and wasn't really tampered with by Ridley, but Ridley helped nail show's visual language in those first two episodes and set a lot of precedent for what was to come.

Kradan

Ingwar

Ingwar

QuoteHBO and Sky Atlantic sci-fi series Raised By Wolves will start filming its second season in Cape Town, South Africa, from mid-March, lead actress Amanda Collin has revealed to NME.

Collin, whose android is named Mother, told us that she has travelled to Cape Town early to prepare for the upcoming six month shoot.

"I'm very excited, I can't wait to get back in my 'dolphin suit', as we call it, and start shooting," she said. "It's such a dream part and the second season for Mother [includes] many more challenging scenes."

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/raised-by-wolves-season-2-filming-in-march-amanda-collin-2859237

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

A six month shoot? How long did the first season shoot for again? Felt like ages.

Immortan Jonesy

The first season was sure a thrill. I'm looking forward season two  8)

Ingwar

Yeah, but Guzikowski mentioned they were aiming for 8 episodes as "8 is new 10". It seems like it's gonna happen.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 21, 2018, 05:29:37 PM
So I guess The Merlin Saga has either been cancelled or been seriously delayed. According to HN it's going to be a grueling 9 month shoot:

https://twitter.com/HNEsocial/status/1065141224267571201

9 months looks like. Although I think there was a two month break after Ridley's first two episodes (block1) so could be closer to 7 months of actual shooting.

Pre-production underway on season two at Cape Town Film Studios:

You can see it's from season two as evidenced by the mask.  :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Just finding some similarities  :)

A mouth buster in the anime Doomed Megalopolis (1991), a violent and sexually explicit anime adaptation of Teito Monogatari ~ a japanesse dark fantasy/science fiction novel. Gosh! even the worm has a penis head, even less subtle than Giger's Alien  :laugh:

Oh and this one over here reminds me of the first Neomorph  :laugh: ~ also the bugs from MIB 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 22, 2021, 12:36:33 AM
A mouth buster in the anime Doomed Megalopolis (1991), a violent and sexually explicit anime adaptation of Teito Monogatari ~ a japanesse dark fantasy/science fiction novel. Gosh! even the worm has a penis head, even less subtle than Giger's Alien  :laugh:

Reminds me of the Hallet throatbuster from Covenant. Even had him lying down on the grass:

And yeah, that backbuster is also eerily similar.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 22, 2021, 04:36:41 PM
Reminds me of the Hallet throatbuster from Covenant. Even had him lying down on the grass:

That's spot on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed