Could a Facehugger Impregnate a Xenomorph? Xeno As The Host of Another Parasite?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Sep 29, 2018, 09:43:52 PM

Author
Could a Facehugger Impregnate a Xenomorph? Xeno As The Host of Another Parasite? (Read 5,027 times)

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 14, 2018, 12:58:46 AM
Lord have mercy. The hive is kinky, not incestuous.   :D

I thought of these as ALIEN "cartoons"...or goofy facts. I was recording "any" printed mention of ALIEN years ago before I owned a scanner in a notebook. These were filed under my cartoon section. I think Valaquen did an article about ALIEN cartoons on his blog with several examples of these.

Back to the subject ;) I don't know if it would be considered incestuous? In the animal kingdom need to procreate is second only to self preservation. This I think I read in Desmond Morris's book "The Naked Ape" back in high school.

SM

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Oct 13, 2018, 08:09:51 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 30, 2018, 11:38:29 AM
In high school, I vividly recall an issue of Starlog addressing this very thing with an illustrated "infographic" of an adult alien soldier squating in front of an egg as if volunteering itself for facehugger duty to perpetuate the hive.  The magazine presented it as some sort of quasi-official explanation for how the aliens can reproduce without hosts.

It was rubbish, of course.  I wish I could find that issue though.  This would have been the early 90s.

Apologies I usually make a note of what publication something came from...not this time :P

Nice.

The Old One

The Old One

Huh. Gap in the shoulder, years before Covenant.

Inspiration perhaps? :laugh:

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Sep 29, 2018, 09:43:52 PM
I've watched an informative video about the jewel wasp, and while I was in that, I was wondering what kind of parasites can be able to survive inside a xenomorph. They must be really deadly for sure. But what about another xenomorph? could a facehugger impregnate a xenomorph? or even if it can't be done in that literal way; what happens when you introduce a xenomorph embryo into an adult xenomorph ???

I've also read about zombie parasites able to control the brains of their victims. Do you imagine a zombie-xenomorph being controlled by another lifeform? overall, just wondering if a Xenomorph can be a host for another parasite.
No! First off it'd have absolutely no reason to. Secondly it would completely break canon.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed, the idea diminishes the Alien. IMO

Frosty Venom

Perhaps the Xenomorphs would eventually adapt to said parasites in some way making them much more deadly.

The Old One

The Old One

No.

Perfect Organism Overrides.

Frosty Venom

Being as adaptable as they are is part of why they are perfect organisms right

The Old One

The Old One

I reject the idea the Alien can be infected in the first place.

Local Trouble

Have you ever seen what SM says whenever someone suggests that the alien is a perfect organism?

SM

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Oct 09, 2012, 01:47:00 AM
SM usually says that "perfect organisms" aren't susceptible to machine guns.

SiL

Or such rapid changes in temperature they literally explode ;D

SM

Or not being able to reproduce without an entirely different species.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed