Just re-watched AvP 2004.....

Started by Scott Conover, Sep 29, 2018, 05:01:22 PM

Author
Just re-watched AvP 2004..... (Read 34,558 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

That is not saying much considering that they were teens and poorly armed. That being said they at least didn't allow an infestation to get out of control like Wolf did. The humans taking the plasma casters were an unforseen event, while Wolf's mission was to make sure the Aliens didn't spread and to cover it up and he failed big time.

Also the Aliens in the first film were more competent that the things in the second movie.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 16, 2020, 04:03:22 PM
He would clean the floor with those 3 Preds from the first movie.

Indeed!

Corporal Hicks

Would he though? I see him going down like Chopper did.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 17, 2020, 04:14:36 PM

Would he though? I see him going down like Chopper did.

Puh-lease. These AvP Predators fight like amateurs, standing in place, swinging wildly.

Wolf has more Xeno kills than they can count!  Wolf would school them!  8)

SiL

SiL

Yeah, but the AvP Predators went against Aliens that actually fought back, which is totally unfair.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Jun 17, 2020, 09:04:51 PM
Yeah, but the AvP Predators went against Aliens that actually fought back, which is totally unfair.

With fighters like the Predators in AvP, even we could look good against them. 8)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 17, 2020, 09:15:21 PM

With fighters like the Predators in AvP, even we could look good against them. 8)

Wolf has his "Gary Stu" moments (male equivalent of Mary Sue) time to time though. The Aliens from Requiem aren't exactly the fierce and cunning fighter that was Grid in AVP.

Which is a shame since they were supposed to be warrior xenomorphs and not drones.  :P

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah I actually enjoyed seeing Aliens be so deadly in the first AvP, illustrates why they are the most dangerous prey. Still shouldn't have killed two in one sitting.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 17, 2020, 09:25:51 PM

Wolf has his "Gary Stu" moments (male equivalent of Mary Sue) time to time though. The Aliens from Requiem aren't exactly the fierce and cunning fighter that was Grid in AVP.

https://i.imgur.com/09k4SQ3.png

Which is a shame since they were supposed to be warrior xenomorphs and not drones.  :P

It's all relative to the staging of the fight choreography, right?

But all things being equal, these AvP Preds are presented as Padawans and Wolf is presented as a Jedi Master.

j0nesy

j0nesy

with this analogy, would ahab also fall into the role of jedi master?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I think the prerequisite is having only one working eye.  ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 17, 2020, 09:41:33 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 17, 2020, 09:25:51 PM

https://i.imgur.com/09k4SQ3.png

It's all relative to the staging of the fight choreography, right?

But all things being equal, these AvP Preds are presented as Padawans and Wolf is presented as a Jedi Master.

A Jedi master playing a game on the easier difficulty. I'd say it was a tutorial to train for the final boss fight. That was actually his real first fight.  :laugh:

Or maybe Wolf is an almost Jedi Master against Xeno-padawans?  :-X

Until he faces the true Master.  ;D

j0nesy

j0nesy

:laugh: though from what i remember, in some life and death panels they screwed up the consistency with his eye

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 17, 2020, 09:39:49 PM
Yeah I actually enjoyed seeing Aliens be so deadly in the first AvP, illustrates why they are the most dangerous prey. Still shouldn't have killed two in one sitting.

Anyone who wants to adapt the AVP concept to the big screen should take note of that. If the Aliens are extremely deadly, the Predator that defeats them seems more powerful in a credible way. The two creatures must be treated with respect.

SiL

SiL

Wolf couldn't even look good against the Aliens in AvPR. 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed