Just re-watched AvP 2004.....

Started by Scott Conover, Sep 29, 2018, 05:01:22 PM

Author
Just re-watched AvP 2004..... (Read 34,587 times)

SM

SM

Quotethe cloaked ship flying about the camp...

Fair call.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Dec 17, 2020, 10:28:30 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 17, 2020, 10:07:32 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Dec 17, 2020, 10:06:16 PM
Better according to AVPR fans

Honestly, I've never had a problem making out what's happening.

What happened to Drew?

What did happen to Drew? Did he just disappear in the hospital?

Kradan

Kradan

Dissolved into darkness

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 18, 2020, 08:25:11 AM
Did you watch Rez though?

No. Skipped it. I think I havent seen it from start to finish in well over 10 years. I tried to rewatch it a few years ago , but all the joking aside its just a movie thats on a very different tone and feel than what Im attracted to in the first 3 films. I made it maybe about 10 minutes in and decided its just not the style or feel that Im into. And the god awful alien design is sad to look at and unfortunately in this film shown in full light

SM

SM

Is that not an issue in the third film?

Kradan

Kradan

What ?

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Dec 18, 2020, 12:33:53 PM
Is that not an issue in the third film?

The alien in full light? Only briefly but hes more often bathed in great cinematography

SM

SM

Kradan

Kradan

Sigourney sells that scene though

[cancerblack]

Quote from: StrangeShape on Dec 18, 2020, 12:24:17 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 18, 2020, 08:25:11 AM
Did you watch Rez though?

No. Skipped it. I think I havent seen it from start to finish in well over 10 years. I tried to rewatch it a few years ago , but all the joking aside its just a movie thats on a very different tone and feel than what Im attracted to in the first 3 films. I made it maybe about 10 minutes in and decided its just not the style or feel that Im into. And the god awful alien design is sad to look at and unfortunately in this film shown in full light

It's okay Rez, I still love you.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Dec 18, 2020, 08:32:42 PM

But thats a split second shot

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: StrangeShape on Dec 18, 2020, 09:21:44 PM
Quote from: SM on Dec 18, 2020, 08:32:42 PM

But thats a split second shot

I love A3, but it does hurt the eye though.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Heres to me the fundamental difference between AVP and A:R, between how to do it right and how to do it wrong, subjectively of course. AVP and A:R have the same shot of the alien roaring in triumph after a kill. Resurection lights it bright with full visibility (and gallons of slime) and AVP actually creates a great mood and visual. Also, in Resurection the alien growls like a generic monster, while in AVP the creepy squeal is back. So for me, AVP righted a lot of wrongs

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Res to me will always be a lesser Alien film because it is the most tonally off from the rest of the franchise.  Even new trash like Prometheus feels more like the early trilogy than Res does. 

Creature design was not the best, but the least of its issues.  The fact that the script keeps continually poking fun at itself and the franchise is. 

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 19, 2020, 05:50:08 AM
Res to me will always be a lesser Alien film because it is the most tonally off from the rest of the franchise.  Even new trash like Prometheus feels more like the early trilogy than Res does. 

Creature design was not the best, but the least of its issues.  The fact that the script keeps continually poking fun at itself and the franchise is.

Agreed on all accounts

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed