Just re-watched AvP 2004.....

Started by Scott Conover, Sep 29, 2018, 05:01:22 PM

Author
Just re-watched AvP 2004..... (Read 34,052 times)

Lionhart

Lionhart

"you're calling people delusional for disagreeing with your"

Hey cancer or whatever your name is, I really don't care what you think, just don't tell me I'm a liar. I never said to anyone that they are delusional. Just because I said to someone "wake up from your dreams" does not mean others can't have their opinions. We all have different ideas and opinions. This is what it's all about.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 18, 2020, 08:30:39 PM
Not worth it Sil lol.

Not worth what?

Is it wrong to belive in what I have said? Isn't this a discussion thread?

SM

SM

Discussion, yes.

Acting like a bit of a dick, not so much.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 19, 2020, 04:34:48 AM
You've not really made much of a discussion, though. When people replied to your points you got rude or deflected with "it's just my opinion." Stuff like

QuotePlease wake up from your dreams and fantasies.
is unnecessary.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: SiL on Jun 19, 2020, 06:07:42 AM
Quote from: Lionhart on Jun 19, 2020, 04:34:48 AM
You've not really made much of a discussion, though. When people replied to your points you got rude or deflected with "it's just my opinion." Stuff like

QuotePlease wake up from your dreams and fantasies.
is unnecessary.

",You've not really made much of a discussion"

Look Sil, I don't need to make a novel sized discussion to tell you what my opinions are regarding Predator vs Alien. What I have said is enough.

Now when it comes to the second part about me being rude, if some of you took it offensive then you should know that it's not what I'm about.

SiL

SiL

You don't need a novel, but something more than "Predator smart Alien not smart" or "If you put an Alien into an entirely unrelated situation it wouldn't do what a Predator did" would be a great start. Especially if people question and ask for more information -- that's what a conversation is. What you're doing is the opposite of that, making a statement then shutting down any attempt to engage with it.

QuoteNow when it comes to the second part about me being rude, if some of you took it offensive then you should know that it's not what I'm about.
I guess it was too much to expect an apology...

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: SiL on Jun 19, 2020, 06:39:22 AM
You don't need a novel, but something more than "Predator smart Alien not smart" or "If you put an Alien into an entirely unrelated situation it wouldn't do what a Predator did" would be a great start. Especially if people question and ask for more information -- that's what a conversation is. What you're doing is the opposite of that, making a statement then shutting down any attempt to engage with it.

QuoteNow when it comes to the second part about me being rude, if some of you took it offensive then you should know that it's not what I'm about.
I guess it was too much to expect an apology...

Maybe you like to sit and discuss this kind of stuff for hours and go into every singel details about why and how and if and could and so on. I don't feel like it's that important. At the end of the day it's irrelevant

"I guess it was too much to expect an apology..."

I keep looking and search and I can't find that I used any bad words towards anybody? What you want me to apologize for?

I already said it's not what I'm about?

SiL

SiL

Then why are you on a discussion forum if you don't want to discuss anything ???

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: SiL on Jun 19, 2020, 07:07:00 AM
Then why are you on a discussion forum if you don't want to discuss anything ???

I am here since 2007. Maybe I used to have more time back in those days to sit and chat for hours. I guess life changes. Who said I don't like to discuss? It depends on what it's about. Now this topic I said is irrelevant because it does not matter if I say predator would do this and you say alien would do that. At the end of the day it's all believes and wishes.

Corporal Hicks

Actually Lionhart, you are very much coming across as rude and dismissive, even if that's not what you're about. You're on a discussion board. If what you're saying is irrelevant to a conversation, don't say it. If you're unwilling to discuss your thoughts, then don't share them and just get rude when people try to, perhaps it's not place to share them. It's a discussion board. Discussion is an inherent part of the process. And that's all I'll say on the matter.

Let's get back on topic. On discussions.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 19, 2020, 08:44:57 AM
Actually Lionhart, you are very much coming across as rude and dismissive, even if that's not what you're about. You're on a discussion board. If what you're saying is irrelevant to a conversation, don't say it. If you're unwilling to discuss your thoughts, then don't share them and just get rude when people try to, perhaps it's not place to share them. It's a discussion board. Discussion is an inherent part of the process. And that's all I'll say on the matter.

Let's get back on topic. On discussions.

Affirmative Admin

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 19, 2020, 02:16:53 AM
But seriously, the movie is by no means perfect. But at least Anderson treated both creatures with respect. Any director who wants to make an AVP movie should start with that important detail.  :)

A rule to live by with any versus film!  I just wish I can feel that respect from Anderson when it comes to established Predator and ship aesthetic.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Appearance wise, the predators were bad, I didn't mind the mask designs or the armor though, its just their bodies were so bulky. Unmasked they were terrible.

The fight is fair as well, both inflicting damage on each other and showing a real struggle. I just don't like choreagraphy of the fight as its just rolling around, wrestling and too much close ups during the action.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jun 19, 2020, 01:20:52 PM
I just don't like choreagraphy of the fight as its just rolling around, wrestling and too much close ups during the action.

No disagreement here either.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 19, 2020, 12:30:17 PM
But seriously, the movie is by no means perfect. But at least Anderson treated both creatures with respect. Any director who wants to make an AVP movie should start with that important detail.  :)

A rule to live by with any versus film!  I just wish I can feel that respect from Anderson when it comes to established Predator and ship aesthetic.

Yes, looking at the designs (Alien and Predator) it is impossible not to agree with that. Someone mentioned in another thread the lack of slime or humidity in the Predators which makes it look like people in suits and not real aliens. I agree with that too. And of course the crabators.

For example speaking of the ships, the AVP are very generic for my taste.

And given that they established a connection with the Mayan architecture, which was influenced by the architecture of the Predators, I think it would have been better if they did something like the Predator 2 ship.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 19, 2020, 05:41:09 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 19, 2020, 12:30:17 PM

Yes, looking at the designs (Alien and Predator) it is impossible not to agree with that. Someone mentioned in another thread the lack of slime or humidity in the Predators which makes it look like people in suits and not real aliens. I agree with that too. And of course the crabators.

The little details they think we don't notice but, we absolutely notice.  Seems like such an inconsequential thing to throw in during filming, it baffles me that they forgo those extra makeup effects.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed