Scene cut from The Predator due to sex offender casting

Started by Ramjet311, Sep 06, 2018, 12:08:15 PM

Author
Scene cut from The Predator due to sex offender casting (Read 33,037 times)

azamultic

BTW wasn't Bryan Singer accused of rape? Did she say anything about that thing? Because she did work with him if I am not mistaken. 

Hollywood

Yes she did but I don't believe he was ever convicted or arrested. I think the rumors surfaced right before their X-Men Apocalypse premier and then Singer decided to lie low and not attend promotional events.

Hollywood

I hear where shes coming from but it sure must suck for her lesser known castmates sitting there making their first big film debut and being asked uncomfortable questions about something they had nothing to do with.

Imagine being at work and having to vocally make a stance every so often about how wrong sex offenses are. I'd be like "dude obviously I'm not cool with it, can you stop asking me this shit?"

I realize the issue is bigger than filmmaking but the film is literally all they signed on for and they're being dragged through the mud with it.

RidgeTop

Samhain13

Quote from: Hollywood on Sep 09, 2018, 12:32:09 AM
I hear where shes coming from but it sure must suck for her lesser known castmates sitting there making their first big film debut and being asked uncomfortable questions about something they had nothing to do with.

Imagine being at work and having to vocally make a stance every so often about how wrong sex offenses are. I'd be like "dude obviously I'm not cool with it, can you stop asking me this shit?"

I realize the issue is bigger than filmmaking but the film is literally all they signed on for and they're being dragged through the mud with it.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Hollywood

What really sucks is that her feelings aren't misguided and it negatively affects her and her costars (also Shane Black depending on how much you believe his apology).

Valaquen

Astounding and sad that much of the focus is fixed on Munn's decorum. Black f**ked up. Thankfully the scene is gone.

azamultic

Quote from: Hollywood on Sep 08, 2018, 10:15:44 PM
Yes she did but I don't believe he was ever convicted or arrested. I think the rumors surfaced right before their X-Men Apocalypse premier and then Singer decided to lie low and not attend promotional events.

Oh really? What did she say about Bryan?

Yehh I don't think he got arrested for that, but his name does appears a lot when they talking about child abusing in Hollywood.

Hollywood

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 09, 2018, 01:36:53 PM
Oh really? What did she say about Bryan?

I couldn't find anything with her talking about him although she does praise him in an interview with fellow castmates. Probably before the rumors surfaced though.

Sterling tweeted support to her (how come whenever I post tweets they dont show up correctly?):

https://twitter.com/SterlingKBrown/status/1038679549058342912?s=20

Whos_Nick

Sad that her co stars abandoned her during press or when it's brought up

BigDaddyJohn

I wonder who is the fellow cast member that walked away from an interview with her when asked about all of this...

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 09, 2018, 03:41:36 AM
Quote from: Hollywood on Sep 09, 2018, 12:32:09 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Just watched  Hollywood reporter interview with her by herself. Cast was supposed to be with her but she's been abandoned.

Black deserves everything he gets for doing this. Hiring a paedophile and not telling anyone should not go unpunished.

BigDaddyJohn

The rest of the cast is probably very conflicted about this... Backing her up fully could appear as trashing Shane Black, and they probably don't want that.

Hollywood

bit.ly/2N2gCZy

Here's a Variety interview from yesterday afternoon where shes with Keegan and Boyd and speaking about the controversy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed