The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 86,720 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

I hate to be the one who says I told you so, but I knew this film would suck. Too many new radical ideas thrown in all at once. I could smell it from a mile away that this film was still in trouble. I wish the "real" predator could go round to 20th century fox's offices and get some revenge for all us fans that have basically just been 💩 on!

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 01:10:45 PM
Azamultic... After watching mr H review on it... absolutely not, infact the ending is that out there and dreadful I think we should all boycott the damn thing. I don't want to throw in spoilers, so I'll keep my mouth shut. But that quite possibly is the final bail in the coffin for the franchise. Just want to say politely and honestly, "f@ck you fox and black for ruining my favourite character of all time, with your marvel wannabe unimaginative bullshit"  really sorry but that ending is even worst than the idea of friendly predators, or the dodgy leaked script. How on earth did they think that was going to work? So much for all you idiots saying Shane black is better than Nolan. At least all his films know what they are. Just quit Shane black. You have ruined the franchise job well done ! 👍
Ohh Elder man you rotating 180 so fast it's funny ;) Also man just advise, no body can ruin your favorite predator, as long as you have your copy of the original you can watch it and enjoy. It's a movie Industry, not a bible.  ;) I never cared for new lore things, because the Entertainment Industry not consistent at all.

Dannyboy

If it's got good action, dialogue, and a sense of purpose , I'll enjoy it. I'll reserve judgement on the ending until I've seen it.

ELDERCLANLEADER

If you don't know what the ending is azamultic I suggest you watch mr H review right now. Seriously dude even for all logic about modern day Hollywood there's a line you don't cross and it's been crossed. you are going to be seriously pissed pal.

andreaNZ

andreaNZ

Just the one I dont want to spoil any more of what happens in between I just watched the MR H review of it . I had a little cry too, but oh well....
My friendly Predator idea wasnt lame as this one., mine was two elite Predators are sent to take down the Upgrade Predator or violating Predator honor codes specially making itself a hybrid thus spoiling Predator genes wiith pauking ooman genes lol.
Just like I hate us Humans messing around with genes and  creating hybrids the Predators are sent to Earth JUST LIKE I HATE US HUMANS MESSING WITH DNA THINKING WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOPIING. ANYWAY THEY SENT TO ERTH TO KILL HIM AND RECOVER AL PREDATOR TECH FROM THE HUMAN RACE , NO f**kN THREAT OF INVADING EARTH M,AKING WEAR WITH THEM WITH SOME STUYPID THING THE FUGITIVEoops i hit caps sorry !
The two elite Predators are sent to avoid any major conflict (war) with humans because that is not what they are about,
which the Upgrade predator wants to do.
So we can have good guy Predators without being lame..they still kill humans that engage with them or get in thier way but they keep thier honor code of not harming the unarmed unlike what Traeger says  that hey prey on the weak thats BS they hunt the strong big violation of Predator law right there.
Make it like one of the Elite Predators gets killed by the Upgrade  and its too much for the other and the humans are also over powered and the only way to kill the Upgrade is to work together . 
They still end up still coming to hunt us now and then but maybe some treaty with us like people that want to take on a Predator can sign up to have a ago and sign a waver that its to the death, what do you guys think of that idea for a Predator plot? I wish the oput these films in the hands of poele that know what thyre doing not opps ho w many endings a recsripts can we make to this, and what do we get a POS ending hahah

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 07, 2018, 01:18:25 PM
And we used to complain about friendly predators. Things sure can get always worse.

Right? I thought the original ending in the script was bad, but man - this is just absurd  :laugh: But doesn't necessarily spell the demise of the franchise or wait for another film for 20 years. Predators was lackluster, and also left an opening for a sequel, and we got The Predator instead. Probably the same thing will happen... I just really hope they don't actually go anywhere, sequels-wise, with this movie...

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 01:26:15 PM
If you don't know what the ending is azamultic I suggest you watch mr H review right now. Seriously dude even for all logic about modern day Hollywood there's a line you don't cross and it's been crossed. you are going to be seriously pissed pal.

Oh man nope, I am watching this movie in the movie theater, and I am not spoiling that shit. After I am watching this movie I may say that it was total bullshit!!! The thing that I reacted is you saying ""f@ck you fox and black for ruining my favourite character of all time" and "I'm not ruining what predator is to me". I am totally disagree with that statements, I was fan of predator for whole my life, and no books, comic books or AvP stuff ruined my first impressions of the Original two movies. And even if this movie changes the whole lore and things around it, I wouldn't care because I can abstract my favorite movies from the other ones. So this movie could be a total shit, I am not defending it, I am just really disagree with the point that some entrance in the Predator series can affect your love for the first two movies  ???

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 01:21:02 PM
I hate to be the one who says I told you so, but I knew this film would suck. Too many new radical ideas thrown in all at once. I could smell it from a mile away that this film was still in trouble. I wish the "real" predator could go round to 20th century fox's offices and get some revenge for all us fans that have basically just been 💩 on!

Calm down. Nothing is ruined. Stop reading into the negative reviews ... 
Go see the movie and stop being a negative Nancy.

BigDaddyJohn

Ok so it is linked to the fact that they want to set up a sequel badly. I imagined so. Rarely a great idea.

ELDERCLANLEADER

they have ruined the concept of what predator actually is. You are right azamultic it cannot ruin the first two films, because I won't be watching it. Sometimes a boycott is needed. Put it this way, imagine Star Trek, and they decide to throw in a gamble and turn Kirk and Spock evil. You can bet your life Trekkies would boycott it. Why is this any different.... a gift to humanity??? Please gimme a break.

yautjapet

This is all depressing. I was hoping for a middling, serviceable movie at best, but it sounds quite polarizing as far as who will enjoy it and who won't and I can tell I'll be in the latter category, as I suspected I would be. I'm really pissed about the things revealed in Mr H's review, especially the hybridization thing (I only tolerated that one plot point because it was supposedly just one clan) and that ending sounds mind-blowingly stupid. My jaw dropped. I'm glad I know in advance.

andreaNZ

IM not complaining about the film I am still really excited to see it..BUT one good thing its done...my nervs are gone,,they will be back  2 days bedfpore the film..its  only THREE days away for me now  i still cant wait spoilers or not  i will just enjoy the Predatopr action and the loonies and love to hate the Trager character lolo..OM dont tell me hes gonna be wearing the thing..maybe we do need the predatprs help..i dont like that guy and would trust any Predator over that guy,,funny thoiuguy in the ointerview i like the guy..he musr be a good actor to make rea dislike his character so much!

Xan21

Xan21

'Much better than Predator 2'..... NOT lol

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 01:44:32 PM
they have ruined the concept of what predator actually is. You are right azamultic it cannot ruin the first two films, because I won't be watching it. Sometimes a boycott is needed. Put it this way, imagine Star Trek, and they decide to throw in a gamble and turn Kirk and Spock evil. You can bet your life Trekkies would boycott it. Why is this any different.... a gift to humanity??? Please gimme a break.

Again I grew over the Entertainment Industry a long time ago, I don't care about that type of twists any more  ;) It's what I am trying to tell you, you don't need to take it so seriously. I will watch a movie, it can make Predators be androids from China, I wouldn't care.  ;D Movie can suck, but I am not a person to yell "Oh my god they destroyed my favorite character"  :(

ELDERCLANLEADER

I suspect any good material will be in the form of comics and video games now. Talking of comics the new predator comic is set in Afghanistan, it has a lot of depth and realism with predator taking down jihadists. It's an awesome comic and it's only at 2#.

The comic is miles above all of this nonsense. Infact the new comic is basically the very predator film iv been dying to see get made. A war film with sci fi elements. Not this garbage. That is why for me the predator goes straight in the bin.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed