Alien: Isolation The Novel Bursting January 2019!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 01, 2018, 06:39:31 AM

Author
Alien: Isolation The Novel Bursting January 2019! (Read 65,099 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

DragonCon 2018 is currently taking place in Atlanta and like 2017’s event, with the event comes the announcement of a new Alien novel. And this one is something of a surprise!

There are no further details as of yet so it’s unknown if this is an adaptation of Alien: Isolation or a sequel. While none of the games have been adapted into novels in English, Sierra & Monolith’s Aliens vs. Predator 2 was adapted in Hungarian and titled Aliens vs. Predator: Forced Chase.

Cold Iron Studios' Alien Game is a "Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter"

Keith R.A. DeCandido has previously written for the Alien universe. He wrote the short Deep Background for the anthology Aliens: Bug Hunt which you can listen to him read on the Dead Kitchen Radio podcast. You can also follow Keith on Facebook or Twitter.

Thanks to Bryan Thomas Schmidt for the news. Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator literature news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

TheBATMAN

Great news.

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

I really enjoyed this game so definitely excited to see how it gets adapted into a novel......also we need a sequel game!!

gabgrave

Oh my... I need this so badly...
There was so much going on behind the scenes compared to what Amanda sees, and I really hope we get to read about them.

HuDaFuK

Well this is unexpected! Really excited to see what they do with this!

I really enjoyed DeCandido's short in Bug Hunt.

Prez

It's nice that the EU side of things has been ramping up rather nicely over the past couple of years ... now if only the films would lift their game.

Xenomrph

I'm really hoping this is a sequel to Isolation, I was hoping we'd have an EU spin-off to tie up loose ends once it became apparent that we weren't getting a second game, be it a comic, book, etc.

Corporal Hicks

If it's not a sequel, I wonder if the door is open to continue Amanda's story past this in future novels.

The Cruentus

This could be interesting, novels have a way of adding extra flavor to what they based on so I am curious to what difference there will be in this novel compared to the game.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

No sequel please. Too many entries between Alien and Aliens is rather spoiling things IMO. Just flesh out the characters from the game more.

In actual fact is quite like to see the fall of Sevastopol in a bit more depth. Plenty of scope for sub plots with Ransome and the covert WY takeover.

The Old One

The Old One

The space before/during the Trilogy is far too occupied as it is, I'll agree there.

Wweyland

Which one was the Deep Background story?

acrediblesource

This would be great if it were a large 1000+ page book. There is so much in this game to be explored in a paperback that there is no reason not to go full out!

felix

Now this is a surprise!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 01, 2018, 11:56:53 AMWhich one was the Deep Background story?

The one with the journalist who was attached to a Marine unit. I thought it was pone of the better shorts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed