Jason Blum Expresses Interest in Buying Alien

Started by KillCrites, Aug 17, 2018, 10:22:20 AM

Author
Jason Blum Expresses Interest in Buying Alien (Read 3,967 times)

Wysps

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 17, 2018, 07:01:44 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 17, 2018, 10:37:26 AM
He owns Blumhouse, a production company that makes horror films.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blumhouse_Productions

At this point, I'd much rather see properties like Alien and Predator placed in the hands of people that know and do Horror. Somebody that isn't worried about making grandiose statements or super hero movies. Just a dark and suspenseful journey that scares the hell out of people.

Yes, for the love of everything, no more "event films" or super heroes. Ironic how going back to basics can now be seen as a refreshing take on the material...

The Old One

The Old One

You may be seeing that sooner than you expect.

BigDaddyJohn

That would be interesting, but i see a big problem budget-wise

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I'd definitely like to see something a bit less ambitious or lower key but with Alien you're going to inherently want a bigger budget due to sets and creature work.

Denton Smalls

If you look at the EU stories, for instance, what are some people's favorites that could translate to the big screen on a $50 mil or less budget?

Salvation? Maybe Labyrinth?

SiL

Salvation and Sacrifice could be done on $50 each. Labyrinth, seriously doubt it. Not to do it properly.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't think I'd want to see an adaptation of Labyrinth unless its primary focus is Church's backstory.

The Old One

The Old One

If he attained the IP, I would hope it's more "Get Out" and less "Annabelle Creation" received.

Dingbat

Well, they did the purge films which I am a big fan of so I wouldn't be against them doing Alien stuff.

The Old One

The Old One

The Purge is the lowest common denominator trash, that's exactly what I'd be afraid of.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 19, 2018, 10:34:51 AM
The Purge is the lowest common denominator trash, that's exactly what I'd be afraid of.

Even the first one ? I mean it is what it is, but it's the most believable and better directed of the four movies.

The Old One

The Old One

All of them.

BigDaddyJohn

Denton Smalls

The Old One

The Old One

She, & I've seen the first- which is enough to know.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed