Space-Trucking Women - writing contest!

Started by FenGiddel, Aug 11, 2018, 08:41:29 PM

Author
Space-Trucking Women - writing contest! (Read 3,233 times)

FenGiddel

The perspective of female fans of Alien are requested in this writing contest at The Nostromo Files. If you have ever hungered for more about Lambert, Mother, or Ripley, here's your chance to create it yourself. At the very least, you might find something interesting to read about them, come ALIEN Day 2019.

FenGiddel

<note to self: check with AvPG admins RE: site demographics. Are there no females registered on this site?>  ;D   :'(

The Old One

The Old One

I just have no interest writing an established character.

SM

Quote from: FenGiddel on Aug 16, 2018, 02:09:03 PM
<note to self: check with AvPG admins RE: site demographics. Are there no females registered on this site?>  ;D   :'(

Sadly you could count the ones who post with any regularity on one hand.

whiterabbit

So they do exist!  :o

SM

The guys who post in the 'Who is your favourite hot woman' thread gather round the camp fire on dark nights and share stories about female members of AvPG.  Some claim to have even seen one post once.

whiterabbit

Question. Is Mother female?

SM

mother9000 is.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I don't think I want to hear about that fan fiction.

Oh wait, did you just out a member as being a, gasp, female?  :-X

The Cruentus

I don't know whether its funny or sad that this can be a joke

Nothing unusual about female members, if they not on often or want to be here then something or someone on here might be putting them off. Forums tend to have those kind of members among them.

SM

SM

QuoteI don't know whether its funny or sad that this can be a joke

The latter.

The Cruentus

Agreed.

SM

SM

There's a better chance at finding women fans on Facebook.

The Cruentus

Unfortunately I think its because forums tend to have a reputation for having down right horrible members, which is not unfounded. Even this site (look at the recent female pred thread) with its active mods has had its share of unpleasant members, fortunately they are quickly put in their place or banned but sometimes the damage is already done and others members are then put off and alienated by the bad ones.

SM

SM

Facebook is simply a friendlier environment than a dedicated forum.  There's still a bunch of arseholes of course - my stays at a couple of Alien FB groups have been very brief - but you don't have to sign up for anything extra, and can be a more casual fan. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed