Box Office Takings for The Predator

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 20, 2018, 05:00:59 PM

Author
Box Office Takings for The Predator (Read 86,450 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Box office takings have been released: https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/09/16/box-office-predator-olivia-munn-shane-black-24m-fox/#68fcca081ea6

$24m domestically and $30m overseas. Budget was $88m.

Beans81

Beans81

Manager of my local vue cinema (uk) said he hasn't seen a single screening even hit 40% capacity. I'm unsure if it'll even make  its budget back on cinema release. May do well on blu Ray ect

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 16, 2018, 03:28:38 PM
Box office takings have been released: https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/09/16/box-office-predator-olivia-munn-shane-black-24m-fox/#68fcca081ea6

$24m domesitcally and $30m overseas. Budget was $88m.

ouch this is like watching the han solo box office uuuuuuuuuf.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Jesus, i dont think this film could of done any worse! Pretty sure shane and fred are going to be out of work for awhile. 

Darkness

Quote from: Beans81 on Sep 16, 2018, 03:43:10 PM
Manager of my local vue cinema (uk) said he hasn't seen a single screening even hit 40% capacity. I'm unsure if it'll even make  its budget back on cinema release. May do well on blu Ray ect

Yeah, I went to my Cineworld on Friday night expecting it to be packed and there wasn't many people in at all.

Fugitive Predator

honestly if i was fox right now i think i would pull a Annihilation and sell it to netflix.
i think that way fox could make more money on the predator than continue the cinema run.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Fugitive that would be the best thing for this franchise, fox have ran this thing into the ground, a new studio is needed at this point , with a new vision etc. amazon or netflix would be ideal. The Predator tv series, would be interesting imo. you could try out lots of different ideas, without having to worry as much about box office performance. it might be the breath of fresh air the franchise needs. 

Vermillion

Classic overestimation of fans.

Sad it's not doing well.
But it was 100% expected. 
It was to be direct to video/streaming in the first place. 
Fox gambled. 

Beans81

Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 16, 2018, 04:00:29 PM
honestly if i was fox right now i think i would pull a Annihilation and sell it to netflix.
i think that way fox could make more money on the predator than continue the cinema run.

Interesting idea.

It wouldn't happen with Disney's buy out of Fox but I'd like to see someone like Gunn reboot the franchise.

With Disney's business model to only produce family friendly movies I can see them letting it leave the studio. Unless they do decide to use the end scene of a jumping off point & take it to a MCU type level (rolls eyes)

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Beans81 on Sep 16, 2018, 04:14:22 PM
Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 16, 2018, 04:00:29 PM

Interesting idea.

It wouldn't happen with Disney's buy out of Fox but I'd like to see someone like Gunn reboot the franchise.

With Disney's business model to only produce family friendly movies I can see them letting it leave the studio. Unless they do decide to use the end scene of a jumping off point & take it to a MCU type level (rolls eyes)

to be fair i think that would do more damage with all the gunn pedo stuff.

ELDERCLANLEADER

we should make a petition for amazon or netflix to make a t.v series about dutch. that way you are not remaking the original, and creating a dynamic story that could go for a few series. I think it could really work , in the right hands.   

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Vermillion on Sep 16, 2018, 04:09:15 PM
Classic overestimation of fans.

Sad it's not doing well.
But it was 100% expected. 

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 16, 2018, 04:23:27 PM
we should make a petition for amazon or netflix to make a t.v series about dutch. that way you are not remaking the original, and creating a dynamic story that could go for a few series. I think it could really work , in the right hands.

sadly when has a petition ever worked but i dont see a tv series ever happening.

ELDERCLANLEADER

yeah one can hope though right? lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed