Pop Funko Predator Dog!

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 05, 2018, 09:54:50 PM

Author
Pop Funko Predator Dog! (Read 30,394 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I do not like the Predator dog in that statue at all, far too familiar.

Xerxész

Xerxész

I would prefer the Predator Hounds seen in Predators modified a little bit (you know, mandibles, less spikes, with tail, etc.).
I don't want to see human dogs with Predator face.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I would have preferred a re-use of the Hounds from Predators but I'm just glad they don't have mandibles on them.  :laugh: Impossible to really tell from a Funko though.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 06, 2018, 07:16:33 AM
I would have preferred a re-use of the Hounds from Predators but I'm just glad they don't have mandibles on them.

You mean that dogs in The Predator do not have mandibles? If so, how do you know?
Asking because
Spoiler
the script says they have...
[close]
I know, I know, 'it's an old script', but hey...it IS the script. ;) :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Basing that off the Funko.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 06, 2018, 08:27:46 AM
Is it really the Pred-Dog though? I mean seriously, i know the Funko is supposed to look comic-booky, but look as that upper rabbit teeth... that can't be it, it looks ridiculous.

Also, the VFX guys told the set reporters that "they have some sort of dreads to them", not on the funko though.

If that really is an indication for the hounds then for christs sakes, give us the Rodriguez versions.

Lionhart

Lionhart

I hate the idea of dogs being in this movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jul 06, 2018, 08:39:22 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 06, 2018, 08:27:46 AM
Is it really the Pred-Dog though? I mean seriously, i know the Funko is supposed to look comic-booky, but look as that upper rabbit teeth... that can't be it, it looks ridiculous.

I don't know mate. Just going off Black's comment there.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Maybe it's really just a mock up of his dog, Ollie, like Shane said.

von

von

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 06, 2018, 10:23:05 AM

pretty sure the set reports indicate that the hounds are based off Ollie or just Pitbulls in general XD

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I don't think the dogs will be exactly like that lol

The one thing i don't like about them is
Spoiler
that one of them is supposed to turn friendly, and oh boy that will be difficult to execute in a satisfying manner
[close]

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 06, 2018, 12:07:04 PM
I don't think the dogs will be exactly like that lol

The one thing i don't like about them is
Spoiler
that one of them is supposed to turn friendly, and oh boy that will be difficult to execute in a satisfying manner
[close]

Yeah, I don't know how they can pull that off without it being as absurd as it sounds. I'm hoping it will end up being similar to the Predators hounds, which were perfect in my opinion.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I hope they are more creative than sticking a predator face on a dog's body, that would be silly as hell. I like the pred-hounds from Predators, they were a bit goofy, but at least they didn't have mandibles and dreadlocks! I'm not saying it can't be done well, I just have my doubts that putting mandibles and dreadlocks on the hounds will look natural and well placed.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: von on Jul 06, 2018, 11:24:29 AM

pretty sure the set reports indicate that the hounds are based off Ollie or just Pitbulls in general XD

I was under the impression that they were referring to the stigma behind pitbulls rather than their looks.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 06, 2018, 03:44:53 PM
Quote from: von on Jul 06, 2018, 11:24:29 AM

I was under the impression that they were referring to the stigma behind pitbulls rather than their looks.

Yes, the pit bull reference is more in terms of their behavior rather than their looks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed