Empire The Predator Subscriber Exclusive Cover

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 06, 2018, 10:39:16 AM

Author
Empire The Predator Subscriber Exclusive Cover (Read 53,759 times)

BishopShouldGo

Aw man - poor Dr. Keyes with that stomach injury!

Thanks for the stills Corporal. This movie looks gorgeous.

csutkakoma

Man the upgrade design has to be probably one of the most unimaginative and boring one in the predator movie history. Simply awful. And the fact it looks like it is CGI adds to the dumpster fire.

Nathsp

Quote from: csutkakoma on Jul 16, 2018, 11:30:12 PM
Man the upgrade design has to be probably one of the most unimaginative and boring one in the predator movie history. Simply awful. And the fact it looks like it is CGI adds to the dumpster fire.
Im totally agree, I think is dumb, lets make it bigger, yeahh, remove the armour, hulk doesnt need armoir, remove the helmet, and the canon..
But sir black, the predator most iconic thing its the armour helmet, weapons and the mouth,,
Thats true, we have to change the mouth as well..
Stil dont believe how boring the upgrade design is, the wolf looks more pred menacing than this turd, a tiny agile heavy armour pred is the way..

OpenMaw

Quote from: Nathsp on Jul 16, 2018, 11:38:41 PM
a tiny agile heavy armour pred is the way..

That is a contradictory statement that makes no sense.

The first thing that came to mind were the awful line backer Predators we got in AVP. No thanks.

von

von

Quote from: csutkakoma on Jul 16, 2018, 11:30:12 PM
Im totally agree, I think is dumb, lets make it bigger, yeahh, remove the armour, hulk doesnt need armoir, remove the helmet, and the canon..
But sir black, the predator most iconic thing its the armour helmet, weapons and the mouth,,
Thats true, we have to change the mouth as well..
Stil dont believe how boring the upgrade design is, the wolf looks more pred menacing than this turd, a tiny agile heavy armour pred is the way..

😂😂 "it's not your typical beloved Predator" I think that's what the movie might be trying to convey. Just maybe

They're giving us 2 interpretations of the "Yautja" (3 originally), so let's just be content and enjoy the film in the theatre

Qanon

Qanon

I hate that idiotic argument, Von. "Its new so you have to enjoy it, eat the slop served to you you dumb pigs!' Whatever.  ::)

Observation

Observation

Upgrade looks almost like Rancor in those pictures

OpenMaw

Quote from: von on Jul 17, 2018, 02:39:22 AM
so let's just be content and enjoy the film in the theatre

I'll be content with quality, if we get quality. But I do not, nor will I ever subscribe to the idea that people should just "turn off their brains and enjoy the movie."

Quote from: Qanon on Jul 17, 2018, 03:20:27 AM
I hate that idiotic argument, Von. "Its new so you have to enjoy it, eat the slop served to you you dumb pigs!' Whatever.  ::)

Yep.

The Old One

The Old One

Pigs in human clothing the lotta ya.

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 17, 2018, 05:35:43 AM
Pigs in human clothing the lotta ya.

...I like bacon?

von

von

Quote from: Qanon on Jul 17, 2018, 03:20:27 AM

got a point there. well, us Predator fans haven't been fed in 8 years!! we were bound to get something unfamiliar to our taste buds. it's a hard pill to swallow but this hybrid predator might grow on the new generation of fans i guess

don't forget they;re giving us something "classic" (fugitive pred, ensemble crew, jungle/urban/suburban settings, taskforce, easter eggs etc) but mixing in some other weird ingredients (new pred armor, upgrade/hybrid pred, expanded mythos, new type of crew, lab facility setting, etc ). we don't know how it might ultimately taste like once all cooked and prepared!

Johnny Handsome

QuoteBigger, meaner and nasty as hell. Ten feet tall and midnight black, bristling with spines, skin thickened with chitinous organic armour – the product of harvesting DNA From the deadliest creatures on every world it's hunted. The ultimate expression of Predator dominance.

Alright, you got me, i think this is cool as hell. This thing looks like a monster because it hunted and killed things probably unimaginable to our brains, not satisfied with only taking a trophy but making the next step in evolution.

I had my gripes with the idea, but having seen the design and knowing it's backstory, i'm very pleased and actually happy that we get a new critter like this.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Damn could you imagine if they just went with featuring the upgrade for this movie and none of the more classic designs?

I don't think it's so much as "turn off your brains", but rather to "open your mind". So many people are quick to write certain things off but forget that, if done right, it can be something you end up liking. We've kind of known what we were getting from the leaked script and when we see glimpses of said things from script (which a lot of it doesn't look bad) we still have fans in an uproar and writing it off before seeing it completely play out.

I don't know. Most fans have given so much praise to Predator 2 and that movie clearly has its faults and campy moments, which I even love it for but still I'm trying to make a point here that what we've seen so far from The Predator doesn't look like slop either.

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah so many people whine about their beloved little predator not looking like they wanted, but seem to give zero shits about the global movie quality potential... But hey, it's just cinema after all... Who cares huh...

Nathsp

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 17, 2018, 01:46:44 AM
a tiny agile heavy armour pred is the way..

That is a contradictory statement that makes no sense.

The first thing that came to mind were the awful line backer Predators we got in AVP. No thanks.
You can have a predator full of equip that can be agile, the armour can be made of alien material, like in pred 2, heavy doesnt need to mean heavy weight.
But ey, if you prefer a dumb gorila with no armour, great for you, for me wolf pred is more menacing than this

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed