Let`s talk about Predator design shell we?

Started by Master, Jun 17, 2018, 08:10:00 PM

Do you like new Predator design?

Hell Yeah, thats da change we need! Everything super cool, bla bla bla... (groupies)
3 (3.6%)
Yes, I like those deigns. (positive)
31 (37.3%)
Yes, I like some of those designs. (mostly positive)
22 (26.5%)
I don`t love them, nor hate them. (indifferent)
15 (18.1%)
I don`t like some of those designs. (mostly negative)
2 (2.4%)
I don`t like those designs. (negative)
8 (9.6%)
That`s bullshit, worst designs ever made! My childhood is ruined, bla bla bla... (haters)
2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author
Let`s talk about Predator design shell we? (Read 31,374 times)

Dingbat

The upgrade looks like a mixture between a sumo and a wrestler as far as I can see(But I can't see very far to be honest)

The rest seem cool enough, but it's a pity they aren't using the friendly predators.

OpenMaw

I don't know why people keep saying that. The friendly Predators were well and truly awful.

The Old One

The Old One

They did, personally- I can see him pulling an IM3 again however, just not sure in what fashion.

BigDaddyJohn

Time flies... Last year it was almost impossible to find someone who genuinely thought the ally preds were cool, and now people who want to have them in the movie pop out of nowhere more and more  :laugh:

yautjapet

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I think what I was disappointed about was what the ally predators could have been and how I was expecting they'd be used, versus what we've heard (the humans show up and see the preds, "here's your backup," they hop in the APCs, preds die, the end.) I was looking forward to them and was really upset to hear they'd been cut, but once I learned how minimal their scenes actually were, I was more okay with it.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 29, 2018, 11:35:06 AM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Jul 29, 2018, 11:31:46 AM
Just because the quills are back?

It does look interesting and rather well finished.

Yes, because of the quills. And because his skin is not so smooth where the quills are...rather older. Quite an Elder effect I think.
Jungle Hunter had not so many (and long) quills...so then, it was not finished?
My Sideshow 1:1 P1 bust is covered in quills... about an inch long...

OpenMaw

Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 29, 2018, 05:48:39 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I think what I was disappointed about was what the ally predators could have been and how I was expecting they'd be used, versus what we've heard (the humans show up and see the preds, "here's your backup," they hop in the APCs, preds die, the end.) I was looking forward to them and was really upset to hear they'd been cut, but once I learned how minimal their scenes actually were, I was more okay with it.

Yeah. Their presence hurts the image of the Predators more than it helps.

Less is sometimes way more.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Yeah, that's the only reason why I'm not too upset they did away with the friendlies, but the APC chase looked like an awesome scene.

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 29, 2018, 08:43:47 AM
Fugitive is an...Elder maybe?  ;)

Love the design and really like the idea that he is an older Predator. The dreads do look grayish in some shots.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jul 29, 2018, 11:49:27 AM
Looks like one of the Pred dogs did some damage.

I think that's damage from the crash. We see McKenna picking up a mask that looks damaged like that in the trailer.

Master

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 30, 2018, 01:37:40 AM
Yeah, that's the only reason why I'm not too upset they did away with the friendlies, but the APC chase looked like an awesome scene.

Love the design and really like the idea that he is an older Predator. The dreads do look grayish in some shots.

If only he had such pissed stare in the film itself. Good God, why do we need this upgrade bullshit, when normal Predator can be soo mancing.

frasermaxx

Video: Prime 1 Fugitive Predator Bust UNMASKED! @ Wonderfest 2018

Looks Pretty Darn Cool!!

PredBabe

Quote from: Master on Jul 30, 2018, 08:26:22 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 30, 2018, 01:37:40 AM

If only he had such pissed stare in the film itself. Good God, why do we need this upgrade bullshit, when normal Predator can be soo mancing.

Ohh he'll have those angry eyes in the movie too... not sure about the closed mandibles though.

But yes, the original design is very menacing alone without the upgraded concepts. Sure they could have gone with your typical "bad blood" story, but I think this movie is showing us what happens when one of those bad bloods takes things a step further with their technological advancements and begins to genetically modify itself to be this unstoppable beast.

They're trying to reignite the series again by going a route that introduces more concepts and story for potential sequels to follow up on.

OpenMaw

The Bad Blood concept alone would be enough for that. The general audiences out there aren't familiar with the Bad Blood comic.

Wysps

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 29, 2018, 11:41:22 AM
Maybe its the lighting but the dreadlocks seem grey in color as well. Maybe it is an older predator. We will find out for sure when the movie comes out.

It's hard to tell if the dreads are grey or if it's just the lighting.  I sort of like the idea of this Predator being older - goes with the idea of it wanting to be involved with clearing up the hybrid/roiding situation that's going on in the film.  A younger Predator might be more interested in hunting, and hunting alone. Really like the bust though, especially the glistening texture of the skin.  Quills are always a plus  :)

Samhain13

Quote from: frasermaxx on Jul 30, 2018, 08:34:30 AM
Video: Prime 1 Fugitive Predator Bust UNMASKED! @ Wonderfest 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzHALFgRA5Q

Looks Pretty Darn Cool!!

The mandibles actually look good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed