Quills missing on the Predator

Started by frasermaxx, May 10, 2018, 06:21:01 PM

Author
Quills missing on the Predator (Read 2,955 times)

frasermaxx

frasermaxx

I just saw a high res pic of the unmasked predator on Empire online seems like these predators don't have quills, either on their face or body. It's like they've been waxed. It was a unique feature of the predators wonder why they took it out.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Because ADI just doesn't know how to make Predators, it seems.

skull-splitter

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 10, 2018, 06:48:00 PM
Because ADI just doesn't know how to make Predators, it seems.
It's not like they operate without instructions... they even could be added in post.

dallevalle

dallevalle

ADI created the worst predator in history

Lionhart

Lionhart

thats one ugly MF

Xan21

Xan21

really ugly... in a bad way

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 07:23:08 PM

True, but to be fair the magnificent Paul Anderson asked them to do it this way, a more friendly/heroic/less agressive face... You can retrieve articles of Anderson specifically mentioning that...

whiterabbit

Quote from: Lionhart on May 10, 2018, 07:23:51 PM
thats one ugly MF
Millennium Falcon?

I don't know, it sort of looks like a non threatening guy pal who would never push a women's personal boundaries.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 10, 2018, 08:57:52 PM

True, but to be fair the magnificent Paul Anderson asked them to do it this way, a more friendly/heroic/less agressive face... You can retrieve articles of Anderson specifically mentioning that...
Oh snap, so that was the point.

skull-splitter

Horrendous indeed. Wolf wasn't too much better to be fair, despite it's sculptor...

Original Predator

Yup, the "friendly" pred started there.  Now we are stuck with it/them.

Xan21

Xan21

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 09:14:06 PM
Horrendous indeed. Wolf wasn't too much better to be fair, despite it's sculptor...

and didn't Wolf have a blind eye... yet he has perfect vision... mask was pretty nice but I like the more tribal ones.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Xan21 on May 10, 2018, 09:38:45 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 09:14:06 PM

and didn't Wolf have a blind eye... yet he has perfect vision... mask was pretty nice but I like the more tribal ones.
Agreed. I like more of a blend between tribal and stylised tech, the ADI predators always looked a bit too clean compared to the Winston ones.

The Shuriken

I imagine the quills are something related to gentics. Some Predators have them, others don't. Maybe it's related to age? Or health?

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 10, 2018, 09:03:20 PM
Quote from: Lionhart on May 10, 2018, 07:23:51 PM
thats one ugly MF
Millennium Falcon?

I don't know, it sort of looks like a non threatening guy pal who would never push a women's personal boundaries.

Oh snap, so that was the point.

I believe "romantic" was the term used to describe those extra long and lucious dreadlocks.  :-* :P

Quote from: Original Predator on May 10, 2018, 09:23:16 PM

Yup, the "friendly" pred started there.  Now we are stuck with it/them.

Oooh come on it's a guilty pleasure, no?  ;D

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Paul Anderson used the word "heroic" because Scar was intended as more of an anti-hero.

But the faults with that Predator are not just that he has longer dreds and human eyes. The former wouldn't even be an issue.

It's the structure of the lower jaw, the texture of the skin is absolutely off. Even with the creative changes in place, the skin is just wrong. It looks like dry foam rubber. It lacks all of the moisture and leathery qualities of the first two Predators. The KNB guys made a few mistakes of their own, but that wasn't one of them. Their classic Predator looked a lot closer to proper.

This is what I was afraid of with ADI, unfortunately. They just don't know how to pull off the convincing skin, and knowing ADI I betcha the quills were simply eliminated because they were a pain in the ass (for some reason).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed