Was the opening David / Weyland scene in AC a waste of valuable film runtime?

Started by motherfather, May 01, 2018, 06:08:33 AM

Was the opening David / Weyland scene in AC a waste of valuable film runtime?

Yes (please explain which part of movie could be better explained instead)
13 (22.4%)
No
45 (77.6%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author
Was the opening David / Weyland scene in AC a waste of valuable film runtime? (Read 8,513 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Definitely.

David Weyland

Regardless of opinion this always make me more appreciative: https://youtu.be/PXIupM277lc

BishopShouldGo

David Weyland

David Weyland

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 25, 2019, 01:57:54 PM
Must be after the TED talk because Peter looks older. He looks on his 50s, so that would be around the 2040s. There is no date on the novel. That was the day David was activated right? Meaning his birth year. And he was the first David 8 model. So that would be before the David 8 models were deployed.

David is 60 years old at the time of the end of Prometheus, the year of our Lord..2094. The 60 year gap is idented on screen between AC's opening scene and the Crossing that's spliced in by the Chaos fanedit of Covenant so 2034...sounds about right

SM

Samhain13

Samhain13

Its one of the fanedits of AC. Chaos edit puts the crossing 59 years after the opening David / Weyland scene, while the Evanus edit puts 60 years after. I noticed but that would make Peter be on his forties, due to him looking older than that I got in doubt of the date.

The Old One

The Old One

60's a nice round number.

Frosty Venom

It's one of the best scenes in the film.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed it is.

BishopShouldGo

I just wish we had more Guy Pearce. Would've loved more Weyland.

bb-15

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed