The Cinemacon Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Author
The Cinemacon Thread (Read 77,181 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 27, 2018, 05:50:24 AM
Nah, in the script the kid IS controlling a predator ship with the artifact.
And there's 2 ships.

Spoiler
The first, smaller one that crash lands is an escape vehicle used by the first predator.
The big ship is the one that the kid gets to control. Belongs to the Hybrid and his crew of mutants.
[close]
Spoiler
I forgot about the second ship, but the trailer describes the boy as playing with a toy ship.

The second ship is much later right? I started skimming after about 10-15 pages.
[close]

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

Feel strangely 'happy' to have heard something finally. The glaive sounds interesting. Very AvP arcade game. Maybe Dutch will show up with a metal arm?

The review which said this looks like a 'Shane Black Predator movie' does excite me, if I'm being honest.

Not sold on the kid. And the GM Preds is awful. It could work if it's hinted at in terms of learning copying and adapting etc. But not as an outright "we make ppl smoothies 'coz global warming'... soz not soz..." *STAB*

That won't fly.

Overall I'm feeling the most positive about this Film since hearing about it.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: SiL on Apr 27, 2018, 06:49:08 AM
Spoiler
I forgot about the second ship, but the trailer describes the boy as playing with a toy ship.

The second ship is much later right? I started skimming after about 10-15 pages.
[close]

Spoiler
"toy ship" is probably just "what it looks like".. And is most likely the main mcguffin. A piece of the Big Predator Ship that the main predator steals from the Hybrid... and then loses.. and then Holbrook sends back home.. and his kid finds out and starts playing with. It's a device that can hack the ship and contains data about the hybrid predator. Old hunts, probably military Secrets, etc.

The big (second) ship shows up through the entire script (and then crash lands in the final big setpiece) That's the one that the kid manipulates unwittingly
[close]

SiL

SiL

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 27, 2018, 07:11:39 AM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 27, 2018, 06:49:08 AM
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
"toy ship" is probably just "what it looks like".. And is most likely the main mcguffin. A piece of the Big Predator Ship that the main predator steals from the Hybrid... and then loses.. and then Holbrook sends back home.. and his kid finds out and starts playing with. It's a device that can hack the ship and contains data about the hybrid predator. Old hunts, probably military Secrets, etc.

The big (second) ship shows up through the entire script (and then crash lands in the final big setpiece) That's the one that the kid manipulates unwittingly
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, the second crash landing is what I didn't remember. I skimmed after page 15 and stopped completely when the hillbillies show up and they're told to go shoot at something "out there that ain't no man." "Like bigfoot?" "Yeah, sure."

I still have hopes that they changed the kid piloting the ship, since they apparently changed most of the 3rd act.
[close]

Space Invader

Space Invader

Since this takes place during Halloween, I want a scene where the Preds are walking down a street and people thinking they are just drunk dudes in costumes going to a party or something.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Its not related, but in Predators Berserker let explode his ship throught his wrist gauntlet. So, I was expecting that this small boy should do the same thing even if he dont know about it. Im confused. . if he is playing with a small model in a size of toy, than it sounds really weird. Is that mean that in this film Predators will controll their spaceships throught some small model or what? Again, my idea was that his father send him the Helmet, wrist gauntlet and maybe something else, but small toy of Predator ship, is this a joke? It will be much better if he just somehow used the function of Helmet or Predator wrist gauntlet, in a similar way how Wolf Predator respond to the distress beacon activated by his fallen brothers in AVP2, damn the whole "kid" idea is a little bit odd.

azamultic

azamultic

Petr in another description they said that he used the arm gountlet.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Azamultic, oh. . buddy, thanks to your confirmation! They said a lot of different things in these messages throught the whole web, I mean not here exactly. Now. . this is by my expectations. Its still weird that someone can simply steal this stuff from >sleeping< Predator, but okey. Now just get rid of these "Predator in pants" idea and maybe that I will start to like this at least a little bit.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 27, 2018, 02:14:08 AM
Quote from: Thedutchpredator on Apr 27, 2018, 01:40:00 AM
I don't think it's to much of a stretch to believe that not only do predators keep trophy's but they keep the DNA from their kills as well. It's not just our DNA they are mixing with but all kills from all planets they hunt it could explain the different looks and style of the predators we are getting with different movies could also explain a little why they hunt the strongest of our species so they can gain the attributes of their kill. I love the predator franchise but I for one don't want to see another team go against the predator and guess what a guy and girl survives and the predator dies and the We can't change the way fox are going we just need to enjoy it.
Now where is this trailer........

What was wrong with them just having different subspecies? Why does it have to be f*cking genetic dabbling bullsh*t?

Ah, this screams of BAD NEWS all over the place.
This.

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In an interesting move, 20th Century Fox just sent out an email outlining everything we&#39;re gonna see during their <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CinemaCon?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#CinemaCon</a> panel in a few hours. Stand by for updates re: THE PREDATOR, BAD TIMES AT THE EL ROYALE, BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY and of course, DEADPOOL 2. Hope Peter&#39;s there.</p>— Scott Wampler™ @ CinemaCon (@ScottWamplerBMD) <a href="https://twitter.com/ScottWamplerBMD/status/989527501461319681?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 26, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I believe the panel starts in an hour.

New synopsis from Cinemacon press releases...and the fans revolt.

QuoteFrom the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, THE HUNT comes home in Shane Black's explosive reinvention of the Predator series. Now, the universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled Science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/20th-Century-Fox-To-Showcase-Upcoming-Releases-at-CinemaCon-2018-20180426

Holy shit that sounds horrible!  :D :D :D

Xerxész

Xerxész

Is the leaked script still available somewhere?
I would love to read this...IDon'tKnowWhatToCallIt. :)

Thanks for anybody! :)

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

By the way, its funny how some users type some harsch words sometimes and nobody looking to it, not that I have ANY personal problem with it at all - looking to you Mr. Corporal Hicks and your previous behaviour against me esspecially (deleting tons of my comments about Predator). But Im remeber how I was wrongly attached a long ago into something in this similar comment section, something that was about me not respecting the rules of this website, so yeah. . its both funny and hilarious at the same time how people responsible for this website act against some of the people here. Pretty good memories.  ::)

bob smith

bob smith

@aliens exist

LOL that would be hilarious i bet there is a scene where kids see one like in between a couple houses and it looks at them and eyeflashes them.     

anyway, wow im lookin at some of the comments here, theres a lot of angry people in here.   cheer up a bit and stop being so pessimistic.  ive been a part of this canon since the early 80s, and i know this is a tough group.   in the name of bill paxton, lets all just chill out a bit, and be excited this isnt the strause brothers or paul anderson lol    ;)

bob smith

bob smith

and in the name of Sonny Landham!  RIP buddy.   i gave 20$ to your gofundme, i tried to help man.   :-[

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

To be honest what I don't understand is why didn't Shane just make a independent film that was original in the first place , with original aliens etc, why does he feel it's nessersary to change the lore? If this film was the same film but with new aliens and not predators it would be far more successful than it's going to be. Mutated predators is just over the top in every sense of the word. They are suppose to believe in the fair honourable fight,  how is pumping yourself full of DNA steroids doing that ? It's akin to doping at the Olympics , so to speak. Friendly predators I can sort of come to terms with, but the inconsistency in this new film is baffling.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed