The Cinemacon Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Author
The Cinemacon Thread (Read 77,769 times)

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohnDon't forget that the predator let himself get captured in the script, it's specifically stated, he has an ulterior motive, so the self destruct option wasn't right for him...
I can't remember it was written that he LET himself get captured.
Spoiler
The Predator is unconcious due to the crash when McKenna finds him and he steals his mask and gauntlet as a proof of the encounter.
So, the Predator is left behind without his most valuable devices (no mask --> no laser target --> cannot use the pasmacaster precisely, no gauntlet --> cannot use the self-destruction mechanism), and he tries to get them back (off-screen).
So, he doesn't let himself get captured, but of course without his valuable devices it's easier for the humans to take him down (captre him).
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xerxész on May 01, 2018, 06:49:46 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohnDon't forget that the predator let himself get captured in the script, it's specifically stated, he has an ulterior motive, so the self destruct option wasn't right for him...
I can't remember it was written that he LET himself get captured.
Spoiler
The Predator is unconcious due to the crash when McKenna finds him and he steals his mask and gauntlet as a proof of the encounter.
So, the Predator is left behind without his most valuable devices (no mask --> no laser target --> cannot use the pasmacaster precisely, no gauntlet --> cannot use the self-destruction mechanism), and he tries to get them back (off-screen).
So, he doesn't let himself get captured, but of course without his valuable devices it's easier for the humans to take him down (captre him).
[close]

Spoiler
From the script :

"TRAEGER
They're gnarly f**kers, that's all.
Took four of my best just to bring
that one down.
She blinks. Stares at him:

CASEY
I'm sorry. It took four--?

TRAEGER
That's right. So?

CASEY
So -- a meth head can take down
four men.
(re: Predator)
Look at it!

Traeger looks uneasy.

COLWELL
What's your point, doctor?

CASEY
My point is you brought it here. To
a location where you just happen to
store its weapons --
(beat)
How do you know it didn't WANT TO
BE CAPTURED?"

Later on :

"At which point, without warning --
THE PREDATOR'S EYES SNAP OPEN. Just like that.
Alert. Calm. Calculating. We realize: it was playing possum."
[close]

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn
Spoiler
From the script :

"TRAEGER
They're gnarly f**kers, that's all.
Took four of my best just to bring
that one down.
She blinks. Stares at him:

CASEY
I'm sorry. It took four--?

TRAEGER
That's right. So?

CASEY
So -- a meth head can take down
four men.
(re: Predator)
Look at it!

Traeger looks uneasy.

COLWELL
What's your point, doctor?

CASEY
My point is you brought it here. To
a location where you just happen to
store its weapons --
(beat)
How do you know it didn't WANT TO
BE CAPTURED?"

Later on :

"At which point, without warning --
THE PREDATOR'S EYES SNAP OPEN. Just like that.
Alert. Calm. Calculating. We realize: it was playing possum."
[close]
OK, that's indisputable.
I forgot that sequence from the script. Thanks for updating. :)

cheachea

cheachea

Quote from: Mr. Xenomorph on May 01, 2018, 05:59:06 PM
I could see the concept of Predators and human team-ups working

Xan21

Xan21

Yeah... I really would never wanna see that ever again.

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: cheachea on May 01, 2018, 10:10:53 PM
Quote from: Mr. Xenomorph on May 01, 2018, 05:59:06 PM
I could see the concept of Predators and human team-ups working

https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/robryansad.gif?w=440&h=248

we already saw what happend with a predator and human team up ( scar and lex in avp ) PUKES!!!

Highland

Highland

You can have them team up in a way that's not a team up. The predator and humans could work it out through both dialogue and scenes that they are fighting a common enemy. They could potentially never meet, yet still work as a sort of team. It's all in the execution.

That doesn't appear to be what's happening here though.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

We've had two movies already where a Predator teams up with a human, it's time to stop pretending that the predators wouldn't do that or that they're too badass to need help. The odds were against scar in AVP, the odds are against the Predators in The Predator, it's as simple as that. Make peace with it before September.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Why make peace when one can dwell on what we have known for several months 😜

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

I think it's quite funny how people are using avp and predators as an example of predators teaming up with humans, as if it's a good thing , let me get something straight here avp is the worst example in the world to bring up and did a lot of damage to the predator franchise , and predators is not far behind either. And while some people might poke fun at people discussing the film and their worries , I think it's slightly ironic that the majority of the fan base are not taking to the premise of this film and are nervous, look around on the net , be it Reddit , YouTube or avpgalaxy , people are not happy with where things are going , are we all wrong ? I doubt it. To anyone who enjoys the film and wants to hype it good for you. But i would say you are more in the minority than the majority at this point. Most of us think this will be a disaster, and if we are wrong , we will admit that in due course. But as it stands there isn't a single piece of good news that has come out about it , that we have been able to get behind,  it's been let down after let down and I think the film will be exactly that ... A let down.

The signs are everywhere , it's out at the beginning of September for Christ sake and it still doesn't have a public trailer , isn't that telling you something ?

Highland

Highland

I thought the Predators example was pretty spot on. He needs to be untied, Royce wants off the planet, the Predator grabs him to say "yeah ok, but we ain't friends" .

That was excuted quite well I thought.

CelticP

CelticP

Predators have been chill with humans since Predator 2. It's not like this concept just came from AvP.

(Being impressed by is still being quite chill compared to the alternative).

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 02, 2018, 01:18:05 AM
I think it's quite funny how people are using avp and predators as an example of predators teaming up with humans, as if it's a good thing , let me get something straight here avp is the worst example in the world to bring up and did a lot of damage to the predator franchise , and predators is not far behind either. And while some people might poke fun at people discussing the film and their worries , I think it's slightly ironic that the majority of the fan base are not taking to the premise of this film and are nervous, look around on the net , be it Reddit , YouTube or avpgalaxy , people are not happy with where things are going , are we all wrong ? I doubt it. To anyone who enjoys the film and wants to hype it good for you. But i would say you are more in the minority than the majority at this point. Most of us think this will be a disaster, and if we are wrong , we will admit that in due course. But as it stands there isn't a single piece of good news that has come out about it , that we have been able to get behind,  it's been let down after let down and I think the film will be exactly that ... A let down.

The signs are everywhere , it's out at the beginning of September for Christ sake and it still doesn't have a public trailer , isn't that telling you something ?

It doesn't matter if it's a good thing or a bad thing, it's simply a thing that exists at this point. Predators have teamed up with humans before and they will again. I didn't like the fact that the Terminator got turned into a kids' play thing that cracks jokes but I accepted it. I didn't like the fact that the Alien went from a bio-mechanical perfect organism to an expendable space ant, but I had choke that down and this will be no different.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

If you want to make a good film it does matter if it's a good thing or not actually, the concept failed in avp, predators was plausible and executed rather well sure I'll give you that , I'm not entirely against the concept by the way , as the comics have pulled it of for years , but film making is a different ball game to comics , things that shouldn't work can work in comics , that's what makes them so special , but on screen something that worked on paper can come across as corny. Of course execution is the most important thing , but the way I see it , the fan backlash over this movie is justified , fox haven't given us anything to get behind and have faith in , it's all secrecy , they either know this is a bad film or they are taking us for granted , it's been nothing but bad news after bad news , the marketing is one of the worst iv seen in years , the lore has clearly been reworked and changed , is there any wonder why a lot of us are a little disgruntled ?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 02, 2018, 02:21:42 AM
the marketing is one of the worst iv seen in years

What Marketing?  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed