The Cinemacon Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Author
The Cinemacon Thread (Read 78,076 times)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Master on Apr 29, 2018, 05:55:31 AM
Quote from: Aliens Exist on Apr 29, 2018, 01:27:03 AM
Quote from: Mr. Xenomorph on Apr 29, 2018, 12:54:55 AM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 28, 2018, 11:40:03 PM
Technically, the Super Predators where supposed to be altered beasts themselves. But at least they were still wearing armor and had vulnerabilities.

Having a naked predator just pulling a Superman isn't my idea of interesting.

Yikes! Was that really in the leaked script?
Don't tell me that Predators are bulletproof...

Bulletproof? Spoilertags

Use them.

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Highland on Apr 29, 2018, 07:15:25 AM

Why is that character. Sounds like just a regular ol shot.

The pred having sights on the kid.

Has to be the upgrade as the Classic wouldn't harm a kid, would it?

Highland

Highland

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Apr 29, 2018, 07:23:34 AM

Depends if Black bothered to look at the lore. Guess we will find out.

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Highland on Apr 29, 2018, 07:56:20 AM
Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Apr 29, 2018, 07:23:34 AM

Depends if Black bothered to look at the lore. Guess we will find out.

Can't see him overlooking this given he was brought in to re-draft the script of P1 and it touches on the Pred not killing unarmed people etc.

Highland

Highland

Yeah but now we've got bad preds that are badder than the normal bad preds.

SiL

SiL

What mental gymnastics gets one from "new Predators that are clearly established as being distinct from the originals" to "doesn't understand established mythology"? I'd like to add it to my repertoire.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

The big Hybrid was described as a naturally armored Predator, without any armor or anything on his body, I wonder if he has at least the wrist gauntlet, because without it. . how he can controll his ship etc. Maybe that he lost his gauntlet or that the classic Predator somehow steal it from him. Could this wrist gauntlet be the one that the Kid got from his father?

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Apr 29, 2018, 09:31:07 AM
What mental gymnastics gets one from "new Predators that are clearly established as being distinct from the originals" to "doesn't understand established mythology"? I'd like to add it to my repertoire.

Why do we need the predators to be be bigger and badder thats my problem. They were already kick ass.

Well we already know, so the people with 90 IQ can figure stuff out.

I actualy like the idea of rogue hunters, but I don't think you need genetically modified red haired naked predators to get that message across.

I still think predator works as a copy of the original, but with slight changes, bit like the Alien franchise.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Highland on Apr 29, 2018, 10:53:54 AM

Why do we need the predators to be be bigger and badder thats my problem. They were already kick ass.

I actualy like the idea of rogue hunters, but I don't think you need genetically modified red haired naked predators to get that message across.

I still think predator works as a copy of the original, but with slight changes, bit like the Alien franchise.
Remember Jurassic World? And the new one being even worse at this?

Highland

Highland

Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 29, 2018, 11:25:03 AM

I thought Jurassic World was pretty good.

SiL

SiL

Still waiting for you to connect "new Predators" with "ignoring the lore of the old ones".

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 29, 2018, 01:48:07 AM
Quote from: Mr. Xenomorph on Apr 29, 2018, 12:54:55 AM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 28, 2018, 11:40:03 PM
Technically, the Super Predators where supposed to be altered beasts themselves. But at least they were still wearing armor and had vulnerabilities.

Having a naked predator just pulling a Superman isn't my idea of interesting.

Yikes! Was that really in the leaked script?

Survival tactic. Nobody ever wants to fight the naked guy.

Hahaha reminded me of General Butt Naked from Liberia ! If you haven't seen him, check it out, you'll thank me later !

Quote from: Highland on Apr 29, 2018, 11:48:27 AM

That actually explains a lot  ;)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Highland on Apr 29, 2018, 11:48:27 AM

Bigger, meaner, messier, the best part was the line of Chris Pratt saying "Isn't a dinosaur good enough anymore?" Or something like it.

It was a mess and I did not care for a sequel since. Recent trailers for the next installment made it even worse.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Skull Splitter it was indeed a mess , it wasn't just the DNA that got bugged me and the mutated Dino either , it was the fact it chose to go against the lore of the originals of being scientifically as plausible as possible. All the orginals based their designs on what the scientific consensus of the time was , we all know they look way more like animals with feathers and fir etc , also the puppets and cgi were far more superior to in the old ones, 

jurassic world came out and made them dumb monsters with no soul,the way the originals didnt , and all of this is at the heart of what I'm seeing now done to The Predator... it's just a disgrace. And people can play it down all they want , but when you have loved this alien since being a kid , is there any wonder why the core fan base is a little pissed?  😤

Apologies for my bad grammar I'm in a bit of a rush , so I hope you know what I mean  ;)

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Master
Spoiler
Bulletproof? Upgrade took plasma caster bolts on bare skin and was unfazed.
[close]
Yeah, and in the end
Spoiler
McKenna shoots a single human weapon bullet in the Upgrade's head and then his skin is not an armor.
[close]
What a contradiction in the script.

Anyway, some other questions about the script:
1. Is this an early script? I ask becasue
Spoiler
it has Dutch's cameo in the end.
[close]
2. The script mentions
Spoiler
Hybrids...it wasn't clear for me that the "hybrids" were referenced to the "4-legged creatures", or the Predator hybrid dogs, or the other non-classic Predators?
[close]
3. How many
Spoiler
Predators are in actually? 1 classic who is been captured in the beginning, 2 classic friendly who help the humans, th big boss known as the Upgrade...and there are more hybrid Predators?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed