Alien Covenant - David's Drawings

Started by felix, Apr 03, 2018, 03:46:23 AM

Author
Alien Covenant - David's Drawings (Read 41,721 times)

felix

felix

Release Date Sept 18th 2018
https://bnccatalist.ca/ViewTitle.aspx?id=13233682

"Before Alien Covenant, David was stranded alone on the Engineers' planet and—left to his own dark devices—he began to push the boundaries of creation. Delve into this exclusive collection, containing two books, to gain an insight into the android's descent into madness.

The in-universe sketchbook contains over two hundred illustrations from the set and will take you inside the mind of David. It features the complete arc of his journey from the studies of flora and fauna, to his more sinister experiments on creatures, and the disturbing demise of Dr. Elizabeth Shaw. The companion book, Developing the Art of an Android, holds an interview with Dane Hallett and Matt Hatton—the artists behind all of the beautifully grotesque sketches. Alien Covenant: David's Drawings will satisfy every serious fan's hunger for details of the most intriguing character from the Alien prequels."

Xenomrph

This sounds freaking cool.

Corporal Hicks

Sa-weet. Didn't realize the gents were going to be doing 2 books. Really can't wait to see what they've done with this!

Ultramorph

Short of a proper OGN dealing with the period between the two films, this is great.

Corporal Hicks

Looks like it's a little on the short side unfortunately.  :-\

9 x 11.88 in

Ultramorph

Hopefully the text is presented in something more easily legible than David's cursive. This is a cool opportunity to give some background info on Engineer society. "I learned of their ways" is such a big tease.

Russ840

Russ840

This has me rather excited.

Petefrombirmingham

Im on edge xD waiting for some kind of huge announcement for a new film or console game  ;D book looks ok.. Be great to look at the artwork tho n draw from it

Corporal Hicks

https://forbiddenplanet.com/249209-alien-covenant-davids-drawings-hardcover/?utm_source=Master+Forbidden+Planet+Newsletter&utm_campaign=76c79c5d13-20180426_forbidden-planet-news-its-alien-day-2018&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b6b45de61e-76c79c5d13-1750217&mc_cid=76c79c5d13&mc_eid=b8fd6e7e30

QuoteThis exclusive collection, containing two books, gives readers an insight into the most intriguing character from the Alien prequels.

The in-universe sketchbook contains over two hundred illustrations from the set and will take you inside the mind of David. Then read Developing the Art of an Android for an interview with Dane Hallett and Matt Hatton, the artists behind all of the beautifully grotesque sketches.

September release. £30.

skull-splitter

Looks cool, bit late though

426Buddy

426Buddy

This is great! I cant wait for this.

I really wish they could have released it for Alien day though

Ultramorph

September is shaping up to be a good month for Aliens merch. This will look good next to the Life and Death hardcover.

As far as it being late, my guess is Fox didn't expect fan reaction to David's drawings to be so strong.

theDecline84

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 26, 2018, 03:29:42 PM
https://forbiddenplanet.com/249209-alien-covenant-davids-drawings-hardcover/?utm_source=Master+Forbidden+Planet+Newsletter&utm_campaign=76c79c5d13-20180426_forbidden-planet-news-its-alien-day-2018&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b6b45de61e-76c79c5d13-1750217&mc_cid=76c79c5d13&mc_eid=b8fd6e7e30

https://dyn0.media.forbiddenplanet.com/products/62d4d3e28321183d337c353fd7378453aa207e45.jpg.size-600_maxheight-600_square-true.jpg

QuoteThis exclusive collection, containing two books, gives readers an insight into the most intriguing character from the Alien prequels.

The in-universe sketchbook contains over two hundred illustrations from the set and will take you inside the mind of David. Then read Developing the Art of an Android for an interview with Dane Hallett and Matt Hatton, the artists behind all of the beautifully grotesque sketches.

September release. £30.

I need this in my life ;D

Do you guys think it will come out in canada and the US?

Huggs

Huggs

Now this I can dig. I'll be picking up a copy of this for sure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed