Rec for a pred-heavy book?

Started by yautjapet, Mar 30, 2018, 07:50:41 PM

Author
Rec for a pred-heavy book? (Read 657 times)

yautjapet

yautjapet

From what I'm reading in reviews, a lot of the Predator books focus quite a lot on the humans, whereas I'm wanting something with a lot of predator content. I loved AvP: Prey, and have also read Hunter's Planet and War and liked those also, but I ended up skipping most of the human stuff in War aside from Machiko. I was really into all the sections from Dachande's perspective in Prey, and could happily read a whole book of that, although it probably doesn't exist. I'm hoping for something like that but would also enjoy just plenty of non-hostile interactions with human characters. Thanks in advance!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Predator: South China Sea has a lot of stuff from the Predator's point of view, although the book has been out of print for some time now and copies on the secondary market are stupid-expensive. I can't recall if Titan was going to reprint it, though.

I seem to recall the 'Predator 2' movie novelization having quite a bit from the Predator's POV as well.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 30, 2018, 08:07:25 PM
I seem to recall the 'Predator 2' movie novelization having quite a bit from the Predator's POV as well.

Indeed. We get a lot of what the predator is thinking and feeling during the novel.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

It's been a long time since I read them, but I'm pretty sure 'Predator: Forever Midnight' also had a bunch of Predator POV stuff - but be warned that it's the controversial "Hish" stuff that deviated a lot from existing Predator "lore" and pissed a lot of fans off, so read that at your own peril I guess. :P

I can't remember if 'Predator: Flesh and Blood' had stuff from the Predator's POV. I want to say yes, hopefully someone else can confirm that.

Wweyland

Wweyland

The Predator: If It Bleeds anthology book has a couple of stories with Predator POV stuff. Mainly the "Rematch" story which is actually a sequel to the Predator: Turnabout book. Overall the book treats Predators a bit better than most Predator books in general, they don't die that often.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Oh yeah I forgot about that one, Forever Midnight got parts from predator pov but it humanizes the predators way too much and they act like space slavers, not hunters.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 31, 2018, 07:26:13 AM
I can't remember if 'Predator: Flesh and Blood' had stuff from the Predator's POV. I want to say yes, hopefully someone else can confirm that.

It did - and it was the Hish - but much better handled in Flesh and Blood.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed