Michael Fassbender and Dosmetic Violence

Started by 0321recon, Feb 13, 2018, 04:00:53 PM

Author
Michael Fassbender and Dosmetic Violence (Read 9,020 times)

RidgeTop

1st Forum Rule is pretty simple: Be Nice & Respectful

I don't see anything there about liking or disliking Alien: Covenant.

Yes these are highly-sensitive cultural and political topics but if you're going to disagree then do it without the insults.

SiL

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Feb 17, 2018, 01:48:14 AM
That's an inaccurate comparison. What may appear to you as Sil sticking his nose in and browbeating another member, is in fact.......... as he likes to polish it, "confronting behavior." A thread scouring forum hero..... ;
All I did was agree with the guy ???

Biomechanoid

Quote from: SiL on Feb 17, 2018, 06:42:29 AM
All I did was agree with the guy ???

Well, if it's any consolation, my browbeating is no different than yours.

.............But, I finally embraced my hypocrisy.  :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 16, 2018, 10:06:59 PM
Quote from: tleilaxu on Feb 16, 2018, 09:56:35 PM
Also, isn't it interesting how only Covenant haters seem to get banned?

Scorpio likes Covenant. It's assholes and idiots (like yourself) that get banned.

At the end of the day this is what it amounts to. You're one of those ones I'm watching because of your attitude and I'm teetering on the edge of giving you a timeout too. Not that they ever matter. I'm sure Scorpio or yourself will just come back with the same behaviour and I'll just have to issue a complete ban.

I also find it an absolute riot how people who love Covenant complain that only people who love Covenant are getting told off or banned. Or how people who hate Covenant complain it's only people who hate Covenant are getting banned. Get over yourselves.

If you're unable to act like an adult or think that because this is an internet forum gives you the right to behave like an ass then this board isn't the place for you. Comeon guys, it's people like you that take the fun out of running this place.

Quote from: kwisatz on Feb 17, 2018, 01:11:43 AM
QuoteScorpio was trolling.

I doubt Scorpio is actually trolling that often, at least not always on purpose. He has a special way of expressing his opinion though which on top does not always seem to be 100% "on the level".

On the other side i think he gets trolled a lot because of the latter and thats just shabby.

As far as I'm concerned he's a troll. And displays trolling behaviour on a near enough daily basis. He's lucky I've let him go on for so long. I think I'm too lenient when it comes to some of the behaviour on here.

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Feb 17, 2018, 01:48:14 AM
You have to look at the mod squad's overall monitoring, not the pluses and minuses, and AVPG'S mod squad have done a pretty good job. It's a thankless job that can stress you out, I know that firsthand years ago.

Too right.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: kwisatz on Feb 17, 2018, 01:11:43 AM
QuoteScorpio was trolling.

I doubt Scorpio is actually trolling that often, at least not always on purpose. He has a special way of expressing his opinion though which on top does not always seem to be 100% "on the level".

On the other side i think he gets trolled a lot because of the latter and thats just shabby.

He's a bit like former member Hubbs. A low-key troll.

And statements like the one quoted below are most certainly intended to provoke an emotional response, and he knows it.

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 15, 2018, 08:30:44 AM
Bottom line about all this is that women (not just women, though) have to stop being victims

kwisatz

kwisatz

QuoteAnd statements like the one quoted below are most certainly intended to provoke an emotional response, and he knows it.

There's a neutral, simply factual (existential) interpretation to the statement though (they need to stop being victims, and its everyones task to bring society closer to this pressing goal). He didnt write "stop acting like victims" or "stop behaving like victims", which would render it one dimensional retarded no doubt.

But of course everyone ascribes the pure negative version to him as his obvious (cause what, its Scorpio?) intention and he gets trolled galore in a typical imdb/4chan/reddit fashion. And thats just disgusting behavior in its own right.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 17, 2018, 05:00:45 PM
He's a bit like former member Hubbs. A low-key troll. And statements like the one quoted below are most certainly intended to provoke an emotional response, and he knows it.

There are very few members here who don't have some degree of troll in them, not excluding myself. But if you want to play, whether you think what is fair or not, you simply can't ignore the warnings. In 10 years here I have never been warned, but it would be foolish to keep getting warnings and respond back with the very thing they got warned about. Scorpio pushed that too far.

But I offer the suggestion that one way the mod squad can nurture a more adult like forum atmosphere is lead by example. Currently any member who has an issue with a mod action, it's handled by private message discreetly, or at least they are instructed to. No other members are able to see the exchange. Good policy.

Expand that practice of good policy by handling reprimands discreetly. Publicly warning members, or announcing they banned a member, or a moderator name calling a member as a troll, is not a great example of discretion. There is absolutely no reason I can think of for the rest of us to even know a member was placed in the penalty box.

Public admonishment is something you see for unruly kids in a class room. If you reprimand a member publicly like a child, good chance it will promote an antagonistic response.  If you want an adult like forum environment, adult like discretion can only help to achieve that. I hope they receive this as a respectful suggestion.

426Buddy

Quote from: kwisatz on Feb 17, 2018, 08:07:22 PM
QuoteAnd statements like the one quoted below are most certainly intended to provoke an emotional response, and he knows it.

There's a neutral, simply factual (existential) interpretation to the statement though (they need to stop being victims, and its everyones task to bring society closer to this pressing goal). He didnt write "stop acting like victims" or "stop behaving like victims", which would render it one dimensional retarded no doubt.

You're kidding right?

SM

Yeah, it's mindboggling - especially in this current environment - that some people can still think it's simply a matter of 'stop being a victim'.

kwisatz

kwisatz

I guess in the "current environment" im definitely gonna be accused of ascribing co-responsibility to the children if i write:

Especially children need to stop being victims of violence in warlike situations.

I better report myself for this shameful view.

edit: Nonsense! Co-responsibility... Full responsibility of course! Its their own fault playing soccer on a mined field!

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: SM on Feb 17, 2018, 01:57:52 AM
QuoteHis ex only came after him once he became famous, why not beforehand?

The incidents happened in 2009 and she sought a protection order in early 2010.

I was lead to believe she only seeked money from him *after* he became famous and started earning money. Looks like I need to do more research, I only found one article about it years ago.

Thanks for the info.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: muthur9000 on Feb 17, 2018, 09:40:09 PM
I was lead to believe she only seeked money from him *after* he became famous and started earning money.

She only wanted her medical bills reimbursed which was around only 20k. So clearly she was not gold digging.

SM

Quote from: kwisatz on Feb 17, 2018, 09:39:24 PM
I guess in the "current environment" im definitely gonna be accused of ascribing co-responsibility to the children if i write:

Especially children need to stop being victims of violence in warlike situations.

I better report myself for this shameful view.

edit: Nah! Co-responsibility... Full responsibility of course! Its their own fault playing soccer on a mined field!

Well, if you think it's that simple - good for you.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Yep, i wrote about transforming society. No problem at all!

Spoiler
[close]

tleilaxu

Quote from: kwisatz on Feb 17, 2018, 08:07:22 PM

But of course everyone ascribes the pure negative version to him as his obvious (cause what, its Scorpio?) intention and he gets trolled galore in a typical imdb/4chan/reddit fashion. And thats just disgusting behavior in its own right.
He got trolled so hard he got banned lol.

Quote from: muthur9000 on Feb 17, 2018, 09:40:09 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 17, 2018, 01:57:52 AM
QuoteHis ex only came after him once he became famous, why not beforehand?

The incidents happened in 2009 and she sought a protection order in early 2010.

I was lead to believe she only seeked money from him *after* he became famous and started earning money. Looks like I need to do more research, I only found one article about it years ago.

Thanks for the info.
And in the wake of this resurfacing so far: no further news. Seems neither Fassbender nor Leasi or anybody else wants to comment. Were the allegations truthful? Does Leasi still like Fassbender enough such that she still doesn't want to hurt his career? Were the allegations untruthful and perhaps part of an ugly break-up? We don't know. It seems prudent to reserve judgement until such information arrives.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed