Scott: I think the Beast is almost run out, personally.

Started by Ingwar, Nov 02, 2017, 10:49:37 PM

Author
Scott: I think the Beast is almost run out, personally. (Read 107,954 times)

KiramidHead

Quote from: OpenMaw on Aug 03, 2018, 06:12:09 AM
And i've always responded to that assertion with, nanotechnology.

I smell a Metal Gear crossover.

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 03, 2018, 11:23:02 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Aug 03, 2018, 06:12:09 AM
And i've always responded to that assertion with, nanotechnology.

I smell a Metal Gear crossover.

"Alien....has changed"

irn

Quote from: Evanus on Aug 03, 2018, 09:20:32 AM
If Ridley actually turns David into the Space Jockey... he'll be an absolute madman.

I think most of the fanbase would finally disown him.

The Old One

The Old One

You can't disown Ridley Scott, you don't own him.

:D

irn

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 03, 2018, 06:42:07 PM
You can't disown Ridley Scott, you don't own him.

:D

I bought the rights to him in the late-90s.

The Old One

The Old One

You only have yourself to blame then for the prequels if you dislike them then.

David Weyland

David Weyland

Here's a messed up idea, say David hacks into the Hyperdyne 120 mainframe somehow in the 3rd film who are sent as an Ash droid army to kill him by WY but he wins out and perversely its an Ash droid in the chair & a David corrupted Ash on the Nostromo
Or My hunch is Tenessee

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Guts on Aug 03, 2018, 03:53:57 AM
Still expecting at this point that the Space Jockey in Alien is David. Hense Bio-mechanical Aliens...Ridley will pull us a M. Night Shyamalan on us.
Putting aside the obvious size differences and fossilization factor, a hole in the chest can't kill an android.

Then again, it's Ridley Scott. This might be silly enough to actually happen.

Ingwar

Guys, you're exaggerating. Space Jockey cannot be David as Scott himself mentioned that Jockey was an Engineer:

QuoteYeah, so there you have that. I was always amazed that, I mean, I've only done two science-fictions ['Alien' and 'Blade Runner'], but I was always amazed that no one asked who the hell the Space Jockey was. He wasn't even called the Space Jockey. During the film they started to call it the Space Jockey. I don't know who started that one off. I always thought it was amazing that no one ever asked who he was, and why was he there? What was all that about? I sat thinking about this for a while and thought, well, there's a story! And the other four ['Alien' films] missed it! So, here it is.

... I think one of the reasons why I've never gone back to science-fiction, even though I've often noodled around, thought about it, looked for story, looked for material, is that there's a nice purity to the original 'Alien'. It's fairly pure. And ['Prometheus'] does actually raise all kinds of other questions, because if someone could, a being, could be as monstrously clever to create something like we experienced in the very first one [ie. the 'Alien' xenomorph] – I always figured it's a weapon, and I always figured that [the ship in the first 'Alien'] was a carrier of weapons. Therefore, who is that, inside that [Space Jockey] suit? That wasn't a skeleton, that was a suit. And if you open up the suit, what do you get inside it? And why were they going, where were they going?"

https://screenrant.com/ridley-scott-prometheus-space-jockey/

Evanus

Ridley changes his mind all the time though.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Evanus on Aug 03, 2018, 10:17:14 PM
Ridley changes his mind all the time though.

Yep. One minute it's going this way, the next that way. One minute the beast is done, the next he's going to reinvent it and scare the crap out of us... No, no, it's really dead now... Nope, wait. ... ANDROIDS...

Fakkas, gonna scare the sh*t outta ya.

They want aliens, i'll give em f**kin aliens!

The Old One

The Old One

It's an element that sometimes works in his favour to wonderous effect, sometimes not- he does his best work collaboratively.

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 03, 2018, 10:32:49 PM
It's an element that sometimes works in his favour to wonderous effect, sometimes not- he does his best work collaboratively.

I'd say it's the fact that he's open to ideas and will actively experiment that gives him an edge that only a few other directs have.

If he hadn't listened to O'Bannon and Shusett, Alien simply would not have been as well regarded. It would probably be one of the prettiest b-movies of all time, but it would have been a b-movie.

BigDaddyJohn

Unfortunately his best work is waaaay back in the past now, and what he did recently made little to no sense when you put it in perspective.

The Old One

The Old One

The Martian, Gladiator, Kingdom Of Heaven and Black Hawk Down are not "way in the past" and if nothing else he still has the best eyes in the business.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed