Scott: I think the Beast is almost run out, personally.

Started by Ingwar, Nov 02, 2017, 10:49:37 PM

Author
Scott: I think the Beast is almost run out, personally. (Read 107,163 times)

HABIT

I prefer to think of Scott's prequels as non-canon anyway.

Space7Horror

The Alien does not have to be dead, we just need the prequels to be finished up with one more film that can clean up loose ends and add the beauty of the Alien back into the franchise.  If Scott makes one more film that ends the prequels it should tie together Covenant and Prometheus but clean up any mess they created and allow the events to flow into the original films without having too much impact.
Have us find out David recreated the xenomorph from something the engineers already had (either they created or discovered it, leave it vague so there can be mystery).  In order to make Covenant not be a waste of time the Engineers would need to play a large role in the next film like getting revenge on the malfunctioning David who thinks he is a god but isn't.
The prequels can end with an ominous message that there is worse out there and David was a fool for stealing fire from the gods.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Alionic on Nov 04, 2017, 09:39:50 PM
Let Scott finish the prequels with one more film before Fox goes full Disney-esque on us with loud explosions and marine space lasers against Alien Queens (and retcons).

Something similar to the Disney route wouldn't be bad imo. I'd love a Weyland-Yutani movie universe. As long as it's rated-R.
Weyland-Yutani is into science, military and exploration. Perfect for thriller, action or adventure type movies. All with the necessary dose of horror ofcourse.  ;D

Nostromo

Obviously if you make the xenos into an all out cgi crap gest they're gonna suck. Rids should start a new franchise with weird sh!t and leave Alien movies to someone else. Just saw Blade Runner last night...ok movie but nothing too special...maybe he should just retire..

Rattlehed

Rattlehed

Exactly . The only person that can revive the Alien franchise is James Cameron . Not necessarily making aliens part 2 .but I believe he is the one who can create a great story and characters . Add the fact that he KNOWS and RESPECTS the alien franchise..

Highland

Quote from: Nostromo on Nov 05, 2017, 01:54:36 PM
Obviously if you make the xenos into an all out cgi crap gest they're gonna suck. Rids should start a new franchise with weird sh!t and leave Alien movies to someone else. Just saw Blade Runner last night...ok movie but nothing too special...maybe he should just retire..

The original?

tleilaxu

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 04, 2017, 06:41:30 PM
As I said before, and a lot of you have the same opinion, the beast hasn't run out. I has been misused. And frankly speaking it all started with ... Aliens. That's the fact. It's great movie but it changed Xenomorph into a bug. Alien 3 came back to the roots but then we got ... Resurrection, AvP, AvP:R and Covenant.

I totally agree with Hybrid Network analysis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odz8Wam7n-Y

"And so the Alien, the Xenomorph, becomes a project, a culmination of experimentation and a pursuit to to achieve the closest thing to Godhood - and that degrades it, takes away all of its impact."
This guy must be so far up his own ass he doesn't even realize what he's saying. Furthermore, the themes of distorted sexuality are still present in Covenant. In fact, they are accentuated by the overriding theme of creation.
Glad I'm using adblocker so this f**king hack doesn't get a single cent from ad revenue.

SM

SM

Leaving aside the whole tone of 'Aliens made them into bugs', it all falls apart for me when he says "it's no longer a twisted manifestation of sexual fear".  I don't see how Covenant changed anything.  It's been speculated forever that Alien could've been engineered, and David even taps into this by telling Oram the huggers are waiting for "mother", and his possible 'sexual awakening' by kissing David, and then more passionately kissing Daniels.

Plus there's the tired and dull old chestnut about how the Alien is entirely Giger's doing and not "Dan O'Brannon" (SIC) or anyone else.

And HR Giger was Giger's professional name - it wasn't colloquial.

proto leech

Quote from: Rattlehed on Nov 05, 2017, 05:39:32 PM
Exactly . The only person that can revive the Alien franchise is James Cameron . Not necessarily making aliens part 2 .but I believe he is the one who can create a great story and characters . Add the fact that he KNOWS and RESPECTS the alien franchise..

until smurf thundercats 5 is done in 15 years i wouldn't expect much from jimmy jims outside of his avatar junk.

I could get on board with some of blomkamp's ideas of he could just get over his A3 hate boner.

0321recon

Quote from: SM on Nov 05, 2017, 10:42:24 PM
Leaving aside the whole tone of 'Aliens made them into bugs', it all falls apart for me when he says "it's no longer a twisted manifestation of sexual fear".  I don't see how Covenant changed anything.  It's been speculated forever that Alien could've been engineered, and David even taps into this by telling Oram the huggers are waiting for "mother", and his possible 'sexual awakening' by kissing David, and then more passionately kissing Daniels.

Plus there the tired and dull old chestnut about how the Alien is entirely Giger's doing and not "Dan O'Brannon" (SIC) or anyone else.

And HR Giger was Giger's professional name - it wasn't colloquial.

I agree with you. All themes of sexual depravity and rape are actually reinforced by Covenant since David 'loves' Shaw and wanted to procreate with her.  However, not being able to, used his experimentation to make that a reality at the cost of her life.  Seeing that Proto xeno stretch its arms at David made me think of it being his child with Shaw. Its twisted and disgusting,  The themes haven't being tarnished or thrown away.

SM

Yeah I think you could make an argument that the mystery is gone.  But the themes of the original remain intact.  Possibly even enhanced with David mutilating the whole idea of procreation in his effort to wipe out a species that he believes is dying.

0321recon

Quote from: SM on Nov 06, 2017, 01:26:47 AM
Yeah I think you could make an argument that the mystery is gone.  But the themes of the original remain intact.  Possibly even enhanced with David mutilating the whole idea of procreation in his effort to wipe out a species that he believes is dying.

Well said. 

SM

Cheers.  ;D

Scorpio

Lovecraftian ancient creature/monster thing is not mysterious at all.  What's so good about it?  It's dull and generic and has been done many many times before.

monkeylove

They should not have brought in this alien astronaut story line at all and instead work on Alien 5 to complete the franchise. Anything else to develop, like the novels, could be done for much lower budgets and through other means, such as a TV mini-series released via streaming coupled with merchandising.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed