New interview with Randy Pitchford

Started by Darkness, Sep 12, 2017, 07:02:24 PM

Author
New interview with Randy Pitchford (Read 53,081 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 30, 2018, 06:14:07 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 30, 2018, 11:18:45 AM
Games, books, films, tv. It's a never ending battle.
Amen to that. I've put an embargo on myself from buying any new comics, novels, movies, or games until I make progress through my backlog.

I've tried it, believe me it doesn't work.  :) Besides, there's something beautiful about a giant stack of shite to enjoy. That's why we work hard.

As for the borderlands games, I felt the same way after A:CM. But then I bit the bullet and bought the ps3 collection, and was instantly rewarded. Unbelievably fun games. I'm not even kidding. The best part of it was that all the games were playable splitscreen and offline, so my cousin and I were able to enjoy them together. We were working our way through those games side by side for months, and I mean months. Tons of content. I understand the reason for boycotting, but I'll never do it. It's just too easy to miss out on a good thing, and boy did I almost with borderlands.

SM

SM

Samhain13

I didn't even downloaded Borderlands 2 when it was for free on xbox360's games with gold. I might have reached the level where I won't play Gearbox's games even for free.

Local Trouble

Now that's some commitment.

Huggs

Local Trouble

I think SM needs Borderlands 1 and 2.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 31, 2018, 02:48:07 AM
I think SM needs Borderlands 1 and 2.

The Triple Pack. It's got the pre-sequel too and all the extra content for all 3 games. Best $20 I spent last year.

And don't let him fool you. He's probably gunzerking as we speak.  :D

Local Trouble

I wonder how much of that $20 goes into Randy's pockets.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 31, 2018, 03:17:12 AM
I wonder how much of that $20 goes into Randy's pockets.

None, I'm guessing. Seeing as how it was a private sale. Of course, if he can find the guy who sold it to me, he's welcome to ask for a cut.  ;)

Local Trouble

Amen to that. I've put an embargo on myself from buying any new comics, novels, movies, or games until I make progress through my backlog.

How's that working out for you?

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 31, 2018, 03:36:53 AM

How's that working out for you?
So far.... pretty good. It's been putting more money in my pocket as I'm not just buying any book/movie/game that passes my eye because it's a "good deal", and I've been chipping away at my backlog and making a concerted effort to actually enjoy the stuff I've bought but has been sitting on my shelves for forever.

Quote from: Huggs on May 30, 2018, 11:34:55 PM

I've tried it, believe me it doesn't work.  :) Besides, there's something beautiful about a giant stack of shite to enjoy. That's why we work hard.

As for the borderlands games, I felt the same way after A:CM. But then I bit the bullet and bought the ps3 collection, and was instantly rewarded. Unbelievably fun games. I'm not even kidding. The best part of it was that all the games were playable splitscreen and offline, so my cousin and I were able to enjoy them together. We were working our way through those games side by side for months, and I mean months. Tons of content. I understand the reason for boycotting, but I'll never do it. It's just too easy to miss out on a good thing, and boy did I almost with borderlands.
It's easy for me to skip the Borderlands games because they're just not my kind of game - I'm not really a fan of "loot" based games where you're just battling enemies so you can get better loot which you use to battle stronger enemies so that you can get better loot. Stuff like Diablo, Borderlands, The Division, Destiny, etc.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 31, 2018, 05:56:02 AM
So far.... pretty good. It's been putting more money in my pocket as I'm not just buying any book/movie/game that passes my eye because it's a "good deal", and I've been chipping away at my backlog and making a concerted effort to actually enjoy the stuff I've bought but has been sitting on my shelves for forever.

But surely you've been tempted.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 01, 2018, 02:00:13 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 31, 2018, 05:56:02 AM

But surely you've been tempted.
Oh you'd better believe it :D

Local Trouble

You only live once.

skull-splitter

Borderlands is useless if you play alone. Didn't even finish the first title, totally skipped the second. I do like the art style, just not a fan of the gameplay itself.

For a game that started way more serious, I am kind of curious what it could be if the rendering was more realistic and the fun being toned down, but it seems Rage 2 will provide plenty.

Not touching anything Gearbox themselves make anymore though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed