MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)

Started by Gates, Sep 21, 2007, 10:45:49 AM

Author
MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) (Read 104,170 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Don't cry ScardyFox. There will always be next time, like when Wandi removes his head from his shoulders 8)

Amirite Chief? ;D

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Master Chief

Master Chief

Haha! Sonnen won't stand and bang with Wandi, that's for sure.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

He stood and banged with Silva.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I think Wandi hits harder than Silva, but isn't as accurate with his strikes. Wandi will come at you guns blazing so Sonnen would be an idiot to stand with him. He can't handle a full barrage of strikes.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I actually think Sonnen landed a lucky blow against Silva early in the fight and it stunned Silva enough he never recovered.  The second fight Silva looked much more crisp.

I agree with the Wanderlai comments, I was just putting it out there. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

In the first round yeah. He was able to use his jab effectively enough to get Silva to back peddle and shoot in for his takedowns. I honestly think Sonnen would've done better in the 2nd fight had he not been stunned prior to throwing the failed spinning back elbow.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

From what I remember in the first fight, I believe it was a straight right to the jaw that seemed to stun Silva.  It was one of those Joe Rogan, "Oh he hurt him!" moments.

I remember being stunned that Sonnen actually landed a straight right telegraphed as all get out to Silva's jaw without being deflected, dodged in some way.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Silva didn't respect Sonnen's striking at all in the first fight and was probably more concerned about being taken down, hence why his hands were low for the better part of that 1st round. But of course, Silva apologists would have you believe it was due to his bruised rib.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: ScardyFox on May 05, 2013, 07:47:22 AM
Nobody is allowed to say Sonnen for another week due to morning reasons!

:P

ScardyFox

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.bjpenn.com/9-fighters-including-leonard-garcia-removed-from-ufc-roster/

Leonard Garcia being cut proves that an exciting fighting style won't save you anymore. Unless of course, your name happens to be Wanderlei Silva.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well hello there...phantom (pun intended). Where have you been?

Gates

Gates

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 08, 2013, 06:29:43 PM
http://www.bjpenn.com/9-fighters-including-leonard-garcia-removed-from-ufc-roster/

Leonard Garcia being cut proves that an exciting fighting style won't save you anymore. Unless of course, your name happens to be Wanderlei Silva.

Yeah but Wandi was a champ...Leonard has never been anything except a punching bag... :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed