MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)

Started by Gates, Sep 21, 2007, 10:45:49 AM

Author
MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) (Read 104,211 times)

nerdcricket

nerdcricket

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Mar 21, 2013, 12:06:49 AM
Quote from: nerdcricket on Mar 20, 2013, 07:53:18 AM
GSP/Hendricks will be interesting.

Probably won't be the most exciting match with GSP's lay n pray tactics.  I think he'll take Hendricks down at will.

Hendricks has the better wrestling credentials but when it comes to MMA wrestling, GSP is the best.  Koscheck couldn't stop the takedowns.

GSP only took down koscheck 4 out of 9 times in their rematch. That's less then 50% for some extraordinary takedown artist... If you remember his gameplan for the fight he was going to shoot for a takedown whenever Josh got aggressive. Now, if you look at the stats, George only landed 1 of 5 takedowns in the first 3 rounds with Josh, Hendricks landed 2 of 6 takedowns in their 3 round fight.
If we compare their takedowns in their Condit fights, GSP landed 7 of 8 in a 5 rd fight whereas Hendricks landed 12 of 15 in a 3 rd fight.

It seems that Hendricks lands more takedowns then George does per round vs the same opponents.

Combine that with Hendricks extreme striking advantage... (stiff jabs and leg kicks won't keep you safe from Hendricks, he showed in the Condit fight that he can overcome the reach disadvantage)

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 20, 2013, 06:24:25 PM
Sonnen wants a tag team match against Vince McMahon.

You know you'd pay to see it.

lol... You know that would just end in controversy with the wwe involved. There'd be some kind of interference and team wwe would win even though they get smashed and saturated in fake blood. ;D

Those are all valid points.  Hendricks takedowns were pretty impressive against Condit.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: ScardyFox on Mar 22, 2013, 07:19:06 AM
Quote from: bloodinthemud on Mar 22, 2013, 03:58:14 AM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Mar 21, 2013, 09:56:51 AM
It's started

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4nKgg_BbtM#ws

http://universalcombatnews.com/2013/03/21/jon-jones-responds-to-chael-sonnens-poem/

Boring response! :(

lol, It's Jon Jones, what were you expecting him to say? That once he's done they will find Sonnen's skin ripped off, his body strung out, his head cut off and his spinal column torn from the cadaver?

Because that would be epic ;D

Master Chief

Master Chief

Haha SF wants The Rock type quotes from Jones.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Haha, pretty much. Chael is an anomaly to me. I dislike/hate a lot of fighters because of arrogance. I don't like jerks basically which is why I always hated Ortiz, Jones, Shamrock, Rashad, etc. But man I do love Chael, lol.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Master Chief on Mar 21, 2013, 10:23:13 PM
Nah, Gates goes for the underdogs and I want him to bet me again. ;)

Yeah, at my bookie, where the odds are in my favor... :P

With this fight, I have Jones all the way, so it's a no go...but don't worry, I'm sure you'll get action from me soon..!

ScardyFox

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Chael is going to win by KO due to a spinning backfist.  :D

Gates

Gates

This guy just referred to himself as a 'gangsta'...!!!  :laugh:

Nothing but a career Number 2...always was, always will be...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Oh Chael, you beautiful son-of-a-gun!

On a totally different note, GSP has been cast as a villain in the next Captain America film.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Gangsta! Lol

Best TUF episode tonight with two TKOs! Too lazy to post links...sue me.  8)

blood.

blood.

Quote from: ScardyFox on Mar 22, 2013, 02:52:15 PM
Haha, pretty much. Chael is an anomaly to me. I dislike/hate a lot of fighters because of arrogance. I don't like jerks basically which is why I always hated Ortiz, Jones, Shamrock, Rashad, etc. But man I do love Chael, lol.

Probably because what he says is so over the top and cheesy that nobody can take him seriously. He comes across to me as a real life mma troll... The other guys that you listed seem to genuinely think their **** don't stink.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Master Chief on Mar 27, 2013, 03:42:49 AM
Gangsta! Lol

Best TUF episode tonight with two TKOs! Too lazy to post links...sue me.  8)

Best fights yet...only thing that sucked is I can't stand seeing Ronda.

GO AWAY

Master Chief

Master Chief

I'd let her wrap her legs around me while excercising, anytime!

Spoiler
Yes, this was a suggestive comment. ;)
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Fallon Fox vs. Cyborg; anyone else think that fight would sell better than Rousey/Cyborg?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed