I hate Fiefeld SO much.

Started by bobby brown, Aug 11, 2017, 10:57:21 AM

Author
I hate Fiefeld SO much. (Read 55,599 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

It's not even an issue as it's not even in the film.

I have nothing against 'space zombie' Fifield.  It's just what the film needed in the second act.  Fifield is the main physical threat in the movie, if you think about it.  The Engineer is an existential threat, but he seemed less interested in the survivors than wiping out human civilisation.  The hammerpedes were not actively attacking people, either.  The Trilobite was contained for most of the movie.  So that leaves it up to Fifield as the main physical threat of the film.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 31, 2018, 03:10:00 AM
I have nothing against 'space zombie' Fifield.  It's just what the film needed in the second act.

I understand what Bobby Brown is saying if you look at it as a single layer of perspective regarding a man turning into a xenomorph, or space zombie, or whatever xeno label you want to call it. But to include the deleted Alien 79 cocoon scene and other examples in later films, it's essentially a man (or in some cases, a woman) turning into a xenomorph.... Granted it's the first stage of the xenomorph, but regardless, it's still the xenomorph. I don't hate Brett or Dallas because they, as men, were turning into a xenomorph.

Alionic

Alionic

I liked Fiefeld more than Milburn, personally.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Jan 31, 2018, 03:26:20 AM

I understand what Bobby Brown is saying if you look at it as a single layer of perspective regarding a man turning into a xenomorph, or space zombie, or whatever xeno label you want to call it. But to include the deleted Alien 79 cocoon scene and other examples in later films, it's essentially a man (or in some cases, a woman) turning into a xenomorph.... Granted it's the first stage of the xenomorph, but regardless, it's still the xenomorph. I don't hate Brett or Dallas because they, as men, were turning into a xenomorph.

I don't know if Brett was actually turning into an egg or was just food for the egg and developing facehugger (yep normal aliens can create eggs, no need for queen..). 

Dallas was cocooned like the colonists were cocooned in Aliens, EXCEPT the version of cocooning in ALIEN  is much more horrific, basically you are melded into the hive instead of just being trapped by it.

They toned down that whole idea for ALIENS for some reason.  Ripley freed Newt just by pulling some stuff of of her.  She couldn't free Dallas, he was already beyond saving.  He had physically transformed.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Alionic on Jan 31, 2018, 03:41:47 AM
I liked Fiefeld more than Milburn, personally.

They were both odious bastards.

SiL

SiL

Dallas was turning into an egg, Newt wasn't. Dallas didn't let Ripley even try to take him down, so saying she couldn't is completely unfounded.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Dallas was not turning into an egg.  He was cocooned, but not turning into an egg.

SiL

SiL

The filmmakers disagree with you.

The other points stand regardless - Ripley didn't try to remove him (as much as she wanted to), so your assertion she couldn't is unfounded.

SM

SM

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 31, 2018, 08:41:16 AM
Dallas was not turning into an egg.  He was cocooned, but not turning into an egg.

And I thought this thread couldn't get sillier...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

This is the new Egg on the Sulaco thread.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: SM on Jan 29, 2018, 10:36:04 AM
The entrance would be 90 degrees around from the tunnel to the juggernaut.  They go in under the face at the top of the pyramid which faces north.

Correct. Thanks.

Paranoid was right.

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jan 29, 2018, 07:48:52 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 29, 2018, 03:12:36 AM
Point out where the entrance/exit is then:

Sure:
https://ibb.co/jxfnob

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 31, 2018, 08:41:16 AM
He was cocooned, but not turning into an egg.

Okay, I'll bite. The process of cocoon is a transitory state. What was the cocooned Dallas transitioning to, if not an egg?

(everyone, please no butterfly jokes. Joke away but at least
get past low hanging fruit jokes ;) )

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 31, 2018, 11:05:55 AM
This is the new Egg on the Sulaco thread.

I miss that thread. Got loads of laughs out of reading it.

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 31, 2018, 11:19:50 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 29, 2018, 10:36:04 AM
The entrance would be 90 degrees around from the tunnel to the juggernaut.  They go in under the face at the top of the pyramid which faces north.

Correct. Thanks.

Paranoid was right.

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jan 29, 2018, 07:48:52 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 29, 2018, 03:12:36 AM
Point out where the entrance/exit is then:

Sure:
https://ibb.co/jxfnob

If Weyland industries ever needs a map expert, send them my way. I'll get to the bottom of their "hedge mazes" in no time!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 31, 2018, 01:52:20 AM
I, on the other hand, think we should explore the myriad and manifold justifications for hating Fifield with the blazing white-hot fury of a trillion exploding suns.

But that's just me.

Hate leads to the dark side.

We should rather start a "I love Turk SO much" thread instead. Imagine everyone vehemently agreeing with one another for a change.

Much more positive.

Highland

Highland

It's like the Matrix, every time we reset a thread it starts with an Egg.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed