I hate Fiefeld SO much.

Started by bobby brown, Aug 11, 2017, 10:57:21 AM

Author
I hate Fiefeld SO much. (Read 55,187 times)

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: SM on Feb 04, 2018, 08:23:41 PM
QuoteBelow I'll post a YouTube clip of that scanner deleted scene.
And I'll post comments which also support the film theory that Ash knew about the parasite which fits my view.

Again, I'll go with the film (albeit deleted) over someone's interpretation of it to suit a theory.

Fair enough.

I've enjoyed the exchange.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 05, 2018, 04:05:38 PMThis thread is exhibit A as far as the intelligence of the Fifield mess goes.

There is intelligence throughout this discussion.
This thread (along with many others on the web) shows that hardcore fans can strongly disagree in their reactions to a film.
It isn't about one side getting the other side to agree.
Imo it's a sharing of different interpretations (based on their personal taste), of the theatrical cut, deleted scenes, and extras material.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 05, 2018, 12:05:21 PM...this thread doesn't fail to amuse.

This thread also entertains me because of the film knowledge in well thought out discussions.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 05, 2018, 12:05:21 PMSome people really don't want to accept what is clearly just a shitty bit of writing.

You are right about those who don't agree with the 'sh!tty' label.
But I do appreciate how that comment touches on the long running topic on this site about; 'what is good or bad writing (based on personal taste) in an action/adventure/science fiction film?'.

For instance I believe that "The Last Jedi" has some terrible writing.
Some respectfully debate/disagree.
No one (including me) has the infallible answer/opinion in reacting to technically well made science fiction movies.

;)

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: bb-15 on Feb 05, 2018, 04:57:44 PM
For instance I believe that "The Last Jedi" has some terrible writing.

<<< This message is hidden because this member is on your ignore list >>>

:laugh: Joking aside, I've still yet to see it. And now Solo is around the corner. If I don't get busy, I'll have Star Wars films not seen yet, piling up.

Quote from: bb-15 on Feb 05, 2018, 04:57:44 PM
It isn't about one side getting the other side to agree.

I'm not sure that is entirely accurate.  ;)

Ingwar

Ingwar

I have a theory.

Vickers employed Fifield and Milburn (another 'genius') to f**k up her father's mission. Makes sense? ;D

Scorpio

Scorpio

Prometheus selection criteria:

*Must be willing to sleep 4 years (2 years there and back)
*Sign confidentiality agreements
*Have qualifications in science field
*Sign waiver for all damage liability/insurance
*Big payout
*All expenses paid

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

* Be an asshole

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Feb 06, 2018, 11:11:09 AM
* Be an asshole

Par for the course.

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 05, 2018, 08:01:16 PM
I have a theory.

Vickers employed Fifield and Milburn (another 'genius') to f**k up her father's mission. Makes sense? ;D

That is a long time film theory about the two scientists. I partly agree with it.
A movie like "Prometheus" can have many reasonable interpretations and that's one of them.

* Which leads to (a good topic); What was Weyland's mission?

1. Weyland wanted a cure for death and didn't care about science or money or the lives of the crew.
- Weyland was the puppet master behind the scenes, with David as his tool, which is a basic part of the story of "Prometheus" imo.
- Under Weyland's direction, David opened the urn room door (against Shaw's orders) which led to the deaths of the two scientists.
- Due to pressure by Weyland to try harder, David had Holloway drink the black goo which killed him.
- David found the Engineer in stasis which is what Weyland wanted the most.
Weyland insisted on taking an away team to meet the Engineer to ask to live forever.

* That ended Weyland's mission to find a death cure with David's help (while killing crew members).

2. Vickers' mission;
- Vickers thought that her father was a dangerous / irrational old man. 
- She believed that Shaw's Engineer hypothesis (and Weyland's belief in it) was nonsense.
- Vickers hired scientists who agreed with her that finding super advanced giant space aliens on LV-223 was ridiculous.
- So she hired a geologist who was just interested in rocks and a biologist who specialized in primitive creatures like worms or bugs.   

* Hiring the two scientists did not help with Weyland's plan so in that way it can be seen as sabotage.
- But importantly, Weyland didn't need the two scientists to accomplish his mission.
- He had David. And David under Weyland's prodding, was going to do what Weyland wanted.

* As for Shaw/Holloway; they were just pawns in Weyland's plan. They were there to help David get information for Weyland's mission, finding the death cure.

;)

SM

SM

Fifield and Millburn weren't briefed on the mission before they left.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Exactly, they weren't told anything.  So you have to think what kind of 'scientist' would want to go on such a mission.  Why are people pretending this is some NASA level project with the world's top scientists.  It's not a scientific mission at all.  Weyland didn't even need to bring those scientists.  They're all expendable like the Nostromo crew.  His main purpose was to find our creators so that he could extend his life.  He was a crazy/desperate old man.

And why do so many people focus on this point of 'criticism'?  Because it was said by a few critics, and everyone just copied what they said.  Total groupthink situation.  People don't even consider the arguments being presented, just take them as facts without a second thought.  As with most popular beliefs, that turn out to be utterly false or based on false assumptions.

All you need to do is actually watch the film and pay attention.

SM

SM

All you need to do is f**k right off with telling people what they think and why.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Maybe it's time that someone did.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 07, 2018, 12:22:04 AM

I always cringe when reading your posts, so aweful.

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 07, 2018, 12:37:52 AM

Oh, the irony. . . . ;)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: tleilaxulink=topic=58685.msg2273158#msg2273158 date=1517964267]

when reading your posts, so aweful.

so aweful.

aweful.
m8

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Feb 07, 2018, 12:50:19 AM

Oh, the irony. . . . ;)

Yes thats right, hurry to the defense of someone who suggests that people need to be told how to think becuase they don't agree with him.

Still cringing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed