UPCAT: Universal Prometheus/Covenant/Alien Theory

Started by Neirum, Aug 03, 2017, 04:22:37 AM

Author
UPCAT: Universal Prometheus/Covenant/Alien Theory (Read 396 times)

Neirum

Neirum

Been really enjoying these threads on what exactly is going on with the Alien Series with all the theories and ruminations stirring quicker so long after the movies release, it tells me there is something much deeper here than "a junky Scott wankfest film". There are some serious themes being grappled with here in these spinoffs of Alien including the Fire and Stone Comics that goes to the roots of the human mind of what is Good and Evil and how should we carry ourselves. So here's my two cents.  :laugh:

I think all the answers we are looking for exist in the refrigerated Head Room and it's architectural symbolism. The head represents the best known pinnacle of "intelligence" in the known universe and can control life itself and climate control the cold room with the Urns surrounding it keeping this dangerous genesis of life close to the head but it is safe and stoic knowing it can keep the room safe, but it's a 360 degree of choice of how to use this power. Up above is the Pre-frontal Cortex showing a Mural of one's Ego defeating the Darker hind element of the monster inside us, of the parts of the human mind that had to be vicious to survive in our evolutionary past. I believe this Head Room is displaying to have the Monster or Alien inside us not destroyed, but to serve you only when your higher functions call it forward to serve "The Light" or "Reason and Order", whatever the Engineers believe is "The Golden Path". This Alien or Monster inside us can never be destroyed, it's where we come from and the foundation of our being, it must be respect and controlled by the higher mind or it will devour ALL. It's a Cosmic Laboratory Shrine with warning signs build into the architecture itself with the Dark part of the human mind in the very back of the mind in the murky chaos of the animal mind near the back and center of the human psyche, and there is the damned peculiar Emerald Crystal at the alter of the XenoChrist... How does that all factor in?! Seems as if that Crystal alter is significant to this whole puzzle of... what IS the Alien? What does the offering of the Emerald Crystal represent?

Let's think if it in a metaphysical and psychological way; what is evil?  I think we should all start a serious look at the Head Room in light of the new Advent addition to the entire puzzle. I think the Neomorphs are the distilled psychological Evil and Nihilism of all humanity into a single organism, the animal and reactionary only. Maybe that's why David sees his even more refined version as the perfect organism that emulates his sentiments of life and the universe at large, a true expression of resentment and rage from being created not out of love, but out of apathy for one's own existence. "Bring ME MAI TEE DAVIDDD! :_o "  That to me was where the seed of the Xeno David creates was cast, right from Weylands mouth, just as what the Head Room XenoChrist warns against to not create out of those reasons in the back of your mind. I think that's what's at the core of Gigers work, Lovecraft, this whole Engineer aesthetic of Bio-mechanics.This all has really made a sharp turn into theological epic tales with Prometheus about what it means to be Moral or good or what does that mean to God, and is that in your best interests to follow your creator blindly if you are not sure what part of their mind they called forward to create you?

What about the Plaza scene with the Engineers statues kneeling with a sacrifice bowl over all those Juggernauts? All this is piecing together a story that before Covenant came out didn't make much artistic sense for Ridley to put so much work and effort into, but I think it's all running off these themes I skimmed over that I might not have appreciated as much as I should have before some click of a puzzle piece. What do you all think?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed