Work on the Sequels Stopped?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

Author
Work on the Sequels Stopped? (Read 150,053 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: SM on Jul 26, 2017, 01:51:06 AM
Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 26, 2017, 01:40:04 AM
Mustve been over 5 years or more, i thought she was already on her way after activating the detonator then goes for Jones (again)?

No, she drops the catbox when she finds the Alien between her and the shuttle.  After failing to stop the countdown, she picks him up where she left him and launches.

Before. She already has Jones in the catbox when she activates self-destruct? Because i thought she activates then finally goes for Jones for one last time.

SM

SM

She leaves him at the B deck ladder well when she goes to help Parker and Lambert on C deck and then throw the switches.  He's waiting in the catbox when she comes back up the ladder to go to the shuttle.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Lol funny, then i had the sequences completely wrong in my head when we argued yesterday. But then what do you identified as going back cause picking the catbox up on the way is no going back for me either (see Paranoid Androids post?).

By the way could it be possible that in the original screenplay the sequence is different? When Dallas the egg was still involved?

Wow im really confused now, but way too tired to actually look it up...

edit: Ah she initially only goes to the bridge for the cat. Thats kinda a going back for me, she couldve helped storing food, i guess...

SM

SM

Quote from: SM on Jul 25, 2017, 09:14:40 PM

QuoteWhy are people here upset about Ripley "going back for the cat" in Alien exactly? She left the cat literally in front of the enterance to the Narcissus after being cut off by the alien...her "going back for him" was taking two steps to the left before abandoning ship.

No when she left the shuttle to head back up to the bridge to look for him.

QuoteBy the way could it be possible that in the original screenplay the sequence is different? When Dallas the egg was still involved?

The revised shooting script  (Oct 1978) was much the same as the film in terms of sequence with Ripley finding Dallas after Parker and Lambert are killed, then flipping the switches after that.  An earlier draft (June 1978) has her remembering about Jones just as they split up rather than hearing him over the communicator.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Ah thx.

But @Gash thats clearly a going back for me, i mean its not like they had no better things to do than "including the cat in the evac", the cat that could practically be everywhere.

Then again, i have no clue where the different locations actually are on the nostromo, maybe its not much of a detour to go to the BRIDGE when you need to go to the ENGINE ROOM anyway (thats where self-destruct is, right?  ::)). I guess this is what it actually depends on how much this whole thing bothers me, if at all.

edit: lol Xth edit im effin drunk

SM, am i reading the wrong script again, you mentioned shes hearing Jones over the comm channel but i cant find it?

SM

SM

Google 'Terry Rawlings Alien script'.  It's the June version of the script with pink inserts with dates between June 30 through to October 1978.  It was originally uploaded to Alien Experience years ago but has since been purloined to numerous other places.  Depending on the version it's around page 214 to 216.

kwisatz

kwisatz

I bet its me, you got me totally confused.

In the final film shes is hearing Jones over the comm?
In the final screenplay she is hearing Jones over the comm?

In an earlier Version she is just remembering him?

Because in the one i downloaded from avp i only find Lambert mentioning that she last has seen him in the mess or something.

Its saying REVISED FINAL, JUNE 1978.

SM

SM

QuoteIn the final film shes is hearing Jones over the comm?

Yes.

QuoteIn the final screenplay she is hearing Jones over the comm?

Yes.

QuoteIn an earlier Version she is just remembering him?

Yes

The June 1978 Revised Final script has further revised pages dated June 30, July 5, July 8, July 13, July 17, August 1, August 2, August 4, August 7, August 10, August 11, August 24, and October 4.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Ah thx thx.

Can you perhaps provide me with a link to this final final final ultimate script? Thx in advance.

Or is that this 'Terry Rawlings script'?

edit:Ah ok i think i got it thx.

SM

SM

The Rawlings script is the one he used while editing and has all the handwritten shot/ slate numbers and is about as up to date in relation to the final film as you'll likely get.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Ja this cool stuff, its just because i was heavily confused that i wanted to check a few things and downloaded the June 78 one from AVP and that definitely confused me to no end; im obiously not much into screenplay reading i guess the term final means jacksht in this realm.

Maybe i shouldved just checked the scenes in question on youtube lol.

HABIT

HABIT

I'm not sure why people are saying this is Scott's franchise. Dan O'Bannon pretty much kickstarted the entire thing, including the recruitment of Giger.

Scorpio

Scorpio

ALIEN is the conglomeration of many talents.  Giger and O'Bannon deserve as much credit as Ridley, but not more.

20th Century Fox own the franchise, though.

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: Xeneus on Jul 26, 2017, 05:56:25 AM
I'm not sure why people are saying this is Scott's franchise. Dan O'Bannon pretty much kickstarted the entire thing, including the recruitment of Giger.

The studio would have never gone through with Giger's work without Scott's insistence. He also got Fox to double the budget.

Hemi

Hemi

It's just one of those movies. Like Jaws, Terminator etc.

btw why are we using the word "trope" in regards to Alien... Isn't that one of the movies that started it all? Or at least when it was released, these things weren't regarded as "tropes". Hell, some people thought they were going to see a "Star Wars" like movie and ended up painting the pavement with their supper. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed