New Trailer! "Population trailer"

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 20, 2007, 03:13:29 PM

Author
New Trailer! "Population trailer" (Read 30,821 times)

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Sep 20, 2007, 03:49:08 PM
QuoteYES THEY DID WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED THEM TO DO IN AN AVP MOVIE......if you watch where the predalien is face to face with the predator he shoots his tounge out at the predator but the predator catches it!

GREAT IDEA....

Are you f**king kidding me?  That's about as retarded as the predator shooting plasma at the alien but then the alien does a backflip and kicks it back.  The alien inner jaw punches forward with enough force to punch straight through people (re: any alien movie) and we even see it punch through predator mask and skull in AVP.  Having the predator catch it is just... ugh.

This trailer has more substance than the original red band trailer... but barely.  It has a couple of scenes that just seem to reinforce the opinion that this is going to be a teen slasher movie.  Also:  I hope to god the sound effects used in this trailer for the predalien are not the ones used in the actual movie because it just sounds exactly the same as the predator.

so? it's not like he can't just grab it before it hits his face or anything, and let's not forget this predator is obviously stronger and there presenting him that way and like I've said before it feels like they've held the predators back (in AVP) so I think the predator this time diserves a little recognition.

Dusk

Dusk

Are you f**king kidding me?  That's about as retarded as the predator shooting plasma at the alien but then the alien does a backflip and kicks it back.  The alien inner jaw punches forward with enough force to punch straight through people (re: any alien movie) and we even see it punch through predator mask and skull in AVP.  Having the predator catch it is just... ugh.

I always hated this. In the movies it's shown that Aliens have trouble to shred steel doors down. Sure, they'll get through it, but only if you give them some time. But their inner jaw doesn't seem to have any trouble to bite right through Predator armor as if it were nothing.

Dragonblaster

Quote from: PatrinAVP11 on Sep 20, 2007, 03:56:31 PM
QuoteYES THEY DID WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED THEM TO DO IN AN AVP MOVIE......if you watch where the predalien is face to face with the predator he shoots his tounge out at the predator but the predator catches it!

GREAT IDEA....

Are you f**king kidding me?  That's about as retarded as the predator shooting plasma at the alien but then the alien does a backflip and kicks it back.  The alien inner jaw punches forward with enough force to punch straight through people (re: any alien movie) and we even see it punch through predator mask and skull in AVP.  Having the predator catch it is just... ugh.

This trailer has more substance than the original red band trailer... but barely.  It has a couple of scenes that just seem to reinforce the opinion that this is going to be a teen slasher movie.  Also:  I hope to god the sound effects used in this trailer for the predalien are not the ones used in the actual movie because it just sounds exactly the same as the predator.

so? it's not like he can't just grab it before it hits his face or anything, and let's not forget this predator is obviously stronger and there presenting him that way and like I've said before it feels like they've held the predators back (in AVP) so I think the predator this time diserves a little recognition.
I agree with you Patrin. I think it's a really cool idea. And it shouldn't be impossible for him to grab the tongue by it's side. If he'd try to grab it from the front he would get his arm punctured...
And I LOVE the Predaliens roar...

DB

Demonio Cazador

Does anybody have a link to to download it instead of streaming?

Master

Master

FU*C, I`ll be able to wach it when I come back from work, but I want to do it NOW!!!

Dragonblaster

Quote from: Dusk on Sep 20, 2007, 03:59:50 PM

I always hated this. In the movies it's shown that Aliens have trouble to shred steel doors down. Sure, they'll get through it, but only if you give them some time. But their inner jaw doesn't seem to have any trouble to bite right through Predator armor as if it were nothing.

A really thick steel door isn't as easy to get through as a thinner mask.

echobbase79

I found the human stuff to be pretty cool. I come from a small town just like Gunnison Colorado. So it had the small town feel. The acting looked pretty good and believable. And doesn't feel like a slasher film to me.

Porkus Maximus

Errr the aliens have been shown to get through steel doors pretty damn quickly.  The door in operations cracked and buckled within minutes.

Quoteso I think the predator this time diserves a little recognition.

What you mean is you want to see a predator beat the shit out of an alien (or 10) with his bare hands.  We saw plenty of aliens killed by predators, mostly with shoulder cannons (scar takes out 4-5 in under 30 seconds).  However apparently this doesn't count and we need to see predators whooping up on aliens in melee combat and just ignore how badass aliens are supposed to be.

jimmylace

hmmm.....well, this movie looks worse than it did before. It looks like a tv movie. The population thing was a nice gimmick, but the human stuff looks corny as hell.

echobbase79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 20, 2007, 03:51:10 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Sep 20, 2007, 03:47:32 PM
Is the crash ship cloaked in that one shot of the father banging on it with his gun.

That's what I thought.

It's cloaked. I think that was in the script.

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: Dragonblaster on Sep 20, 2007, 04:04:50 PM
A really thick steel door isn't as easy to get through as a thinner mask.

If it were a normal sheet of thin earth steel I wouldn't have a problem with it. But this isn't ordinary metal. It's metal from the Predator homeworld. Even the small dart in Predator 2 was said to weigh almost nothing and to be able to cut through steel. So with those properties I'd suspect it don't to be punctured so easily.

Master

Master

Two more hours and I`ll be off, two more hours and I`ll be of..... Fu*k thats nerdy ;D

Porkus Maximus

Which could be interpreted as a testament to just how strong that inner jaw is, the alien claws were also shown to make some pretty deep scratches in the mask.

Demonio Cazador

Wow, that was pretty good!
I liked the GB trailer too, but this one has an interesting human factor to it, a little cheesy, but I guess that's what it's supposed to be.
It's nice to see some of the cool shots of the CB, Alien sneaking behind the soldier, etc.

I hope it's available for download soon!

echobbase79

Most of the haters will eat this trailer for breakfast.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed