"Breathe on the nostrils of a horse and he'll be yours for life."

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 15, 2017, 04:46:35 AM

Author
"Breathe on the nostrils of a horse and he'll be yours for life." (Read 14,086 times)

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 16, 2017, 12:59:03 PM
Quote from: Gash on Jun 16, 2017, 12:53:13 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 15, 2017, 04:31:16 PM
Why Neomorph did run away when David used flare weapon (made by Weyland Industries)?
Why Neomorph didn't attack David in the citadel?

It's the biggest WTF moment in whole movie.

Er... why?

Why wouldn't a newly birthed creature run from a flare (with a sizable shockwave)? It's just self preservation. How can that be an issue?

That newly birthed creature is not afraid when crew shoots at it but runs away from a flare? Come on!

I know a guy who does clay pigeon shooting, he takes his dog with him and it doesn't bat an eyelid to the gunshots. But fireworks night it goes absolutely nuts, scared stiff. So yes it makes sense to me.

Ingwar

Yeah but nobody shoots with weapons at this guy's dog.

Rudiger

Quote from: Gash on Jun 16, 2017, 12:34:09 PM
Great scene. One of the stand out moments that echoes some of the things implied between Ash and the creature in ALIEN.

Really? Apart from the chestburster, Ash and the alien didn't interact at all.

Corporal Hicks

It was in the novelization. Though I don't think we see them actually interact, but Ash implies some attempts at communication.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 16, 2017, 01:50:27 PM

You are missing the point.

juxtapose

. .i thought it was odd when David communicated with the neomorph. .but odd in a good way. .it has'ny been done in an alien movie before. .so it was refreshing. .just like the alien bursting from Oram being fully formed. .it was similar to the one in alien 3 perhaps. .but i never liked the chestburster snake like look to begin with. .it just did not look threatening at all. .this little dude looked outstanding and i did not mind it mimiking david either. .it did not do a dance routine. .the way people keeps carrying on. .it lifted it's arms. .it was well executed and interesting. .i love when they do something different. .and then despite all these differences their is still people who will slam the movie for being more of the same. .so unfair!

FenGiddel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 16, 2017, 02:12:27 PM
It was in the novelization. Though I don't think we see them actually interact, but Ash implies some attempts at communication.
"Please let my grave hold some secrets."

Apex Predator

I think this scene was one of the cheesiest ones of the film.

Ingwar

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jun 16, 2017, 02:26:09 PM

I think it's you. Crew shoot at Neomorph, they wound it and it doesn't even bother. David appears and uses flare weapon and Neomorph runs away. How logical is that?

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 16, 2017, 05:55:08 PM
Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jun 16, 2017, 02:26:09 PM

I think it's you. Crew shoot at Neomorph, they wound it and it doesn't even bother. David appears and uses flare weapon and Neomorph runs away. How logical is that?

Animals will attack when threatened, particularly nasty vicious ones. Even if you hurt them they will still continue attacking. But the bright light and sudden bang of a firework or flare frightens them. It's perfectly logical to normal animal behaviour.

Ingwar

Neomorphs are not normal animals. Neomorph didn't attack when threatened. It attacked first. Normal animal runs when wounded, especially by fire-gun. Neomorph didn't run. It kept attacking like nothing happened. And then run away because of flare.

juxtapose

often a wounded animal will become even more vicious once they wounded. .a bear is one example. .generally animals are frigtened by bright lights. .or fire. .even the xeno had a bit of fear for flame throwers. .the even less advanced neo's. .them being afraid of fierce bright light made perfect sense to me. .

NickisSmart

Ash in Alien said it best: "Most aliens retreat from fire, yes?"

Hell, even Stompy in Alien: Isolation feared fire and bright, flashy lights. Though, come to think of it, he was curious around ordinary flares, in that game, going so far as to investigate them. But the flare in Covenant almost felt explosive in a way that would probably spooked him, all the same.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: juxtapose on Jun 16, 2017, 06:54:41 PM
often a wounded animal will become even more vicious once they wounded. .a bear is one example. .generally animals are frigtened by bright lights. .or fire. .even the xeno had a bit of fear for flame throwers. .the even less advanced neo's. .them being afraid of fierce bright light made perfect sense to me. .

Exactly. Nothing about this scene is illogical or unusual. Loud bangs, fire and sudden bright lights spook animals and it's a well known fact.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jun 16, 2017, 07:09:46 PM
Ash in Alien said it best: "Most aliens retreat from fire, yes?"

Hell, even Stompy in Alien: Isolation feared fire and bright, flashy lights. Though, come to think of it, he was curious around ordinary flares, in that game, going so far as to investigate them. But the flare in Covenant almost felt explosive in a way that would probably spooked him, all the same.
Ripley also made that kind of comment in Alien 3 as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed