All The Money In The World.

Started by Ingwar, Jun 09, 2017, 03:13:49 PM

Author
All The Money In The World. (Read 23,993 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jul 10, 2017, 09:48:50 AM
This was filming in my town some time back and I got a glimpse of Ridley Scott in person -- didn't talk didn't take photos -- but a great little moment for me

Good for you! Some time back? When exactly? According media principal photography begun on May 31.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 10, 2017, 09:39:27 AM
"When in Rome"

So he films the next Alien after this?  IMDB has it in pre-production for a 2019 release.  Fassbender is shooting X-Men this year so filming could commence next year.

According to Fred Baron, a 20th Century Fox executive, it is still uncertain whether there will be another one.

And Rome... funny, there was a rumour not long before Covenant started production that they would be filming it in Rome. Of course that never happened but here we are... in Rome on another Ridley Scott film.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I just read the script. Interesting story and nicely written. Cannot wait to how Scott will tackle it.

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

I love the 70s, I love Europe (can't wait to see Venice and Paris) and I love Ridley Scott films. Yes, this has my interest.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteIt's a wrap!! Working with director Ridley Scott has been such a pleasure. Thanks to all in Italy, Jordan and England for your hospitality!

https://twitter.com/mark_wahlberg/status/892418593132081155

Ingwar

Ingwar

So it took them 2 months.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I guess there probably won't be a huge amount of post-production work on this, at least not as much as something like Prometheus or Covenant.

I wonder what Scott will be doing next?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 02, 2017, 02:13:18 PM
I guess there probably won't be a huge amount of post-production work on this, at least not as much as something like Prometheus or Covenant.

I have read the script. It's a contemporary film and very compelling story. Kevin Spacey will nail it. I'm worried a bit about Mark because of Transformers but then again he proved he can act in The Fighter.

What's next for Scott? It's one million-dollar question. We'll probably find out in December when Money comes out. I wish it was Wraiths of the Broken Land but I doubt it. It can be Cartel, WWII movie (success of Dunkirk may have an impact) or ... Covenant sequel?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I've read up about the real life event when I heard Scott was going to direct this. Does the script stay true to the real story?

With regards to Scott's next film, my money is on The Cartel. He already did some location scouting for it back in the beginning of the year in Mexico and Spain. I suspect it's just about ready to go. Although, like you I would prefer he did Wraiths or otherwise BoB first. The Covenant sequel is probably unlikely at this stage since Fox is busy re-assessing the whole prequel trilogy.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 02, 2017, 02:36:17 PM
I've read up about the real life event when I heard Scott was going to direct this. Does the script stay true to the real story?

I know little about real life events so cannot really answer your question. As long as the movie is good I don't really mind if significant changes have been made. And you might be right about Cartel:

QuoteThe inspiration for David swallowing the tiny alien babies? Apparently, from his work on the series The Cartel, Scott learned that people swallow cocaine capsules to smuggle drugs in real life. And so, he thought this would be a cool way for David to "bring alien babies on board."

https://www.inverse.com/article/34963-alien-covenant-streaming-deleted-scenes-itunes-amazon-blu-ray-release

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 02, 2017, 02:23:29 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 02, 2017, 02:13:18 PM

I have read the script. It's a contemporary film and very compelling story. Kevin Spacey will nail it. I'm worried a bit about Mark because of Transformers but then again he proved he can act in The Fighter.

What's next for Scott? It's one million-dollar question. We'll probably find out in December when Money comes out. I wish it was Wraiths of the Broken Land but I doubt it. It can be Cartel, WWII movie (success of Dunkirk may have an impact) or ... Covenant sequel?

Ridley Scott said in his latest interview with Yahoo that his next film is THE CARTEL. He even said January 2018 as the beginning of filming.

Things still could change. Maybe he does BATTLE OF BRITAIN. He accepted THE MARTIAN because that was the hottest thing in Hollywood at that second. WWII is the hottest thing right now.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Yeah, and colours palette remains me of American Gangster.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed