Did the original A L I E N derelict crash on LV-426 after the events of Covenant

Started by alienscollection.com, May 17, 2017, 04:36:47 AM

Author
Did the original A L I E N derelict crash on LV-426 after the events of Covenant (Read 3,351 times)

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2017, 07:22:57 AM
Quote from: alienscollection.com on May 17, 2017, 05:27:06 AM
Yeah, I guess I'm fuzzy on how long the Derelict was on LV-426 - wasn't it fossilized - so a long time?  But Covenant's events are only a couple decades before Alien?

The implication in Alien is that it's been there for a looonnnnggg time. Apparently, this might not be the case any longer if they commit to going down the route of
Spoiler
David being responsible for the entire Alien species
[close]
so they might end up retconning it as a recent crash and it being a human character inside an Engineer pressure suit.

I'm so scared they'll do that. It's already bad enough.  :'(
You know it's coming Hicks! Remember when we all used to say "I hope they wont make it that David created the xeno.....naaaah theyll never do that its too bad"..... :'(

EJA

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2017, 07:22:57 AM
Quote from: alienscollection.com on May 17, 2017, 05:27:06 AM
Yeah, I guess I'm fuzzy on how long the Derelict was on LV-426 - wasn't it fossilized - so a long time?  But Covenant's events are only a couple decades before Alien?

The implication in Alien is that it's been there for a looonnnnggg time. Apparently, this might not be the case any longer if they commit to going down the route of
Spoiler
David being responsible for the entire Alien species
[close]
so they might end up retconning it as a recent crash and it being a human character inside an Engineer pressure suit.

I'm so scared they'll do that. It's already bad enough.  :'(

As am I.

Quote from: gantarat on May 17, 2017, 08:53:04 AM
Idk ? but alien on mural look like
Spoiler
Covenant Chestburster (Xenomorph Tiny Version.)
[close]

Ridley's ignoring that, cos....you know, he's Ridley.

Mustangjeff

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2017, 08:04:24 AM
So are we.  :-\ I don't think that's an Alien in the mural but something Alien-like. It does also seems to indicate that the Engineers knew of or revered an Alien-like creature. We see the Deacon at the end of Prometheus so there's some connection to a pre-existing Alien-like creature.

However, according to Alien: Covenant
Spoiler
the mutations caused by the black goo are a by-product, not intended and something rare. The Neomorphs, an Alien-like creature, seem to have spawned from mutations caused by the black goo.
The Alien, as it stands, is a result of the refinement David made to the black goo and genetic experimentation, etc.
[close]

One recent interview has Scott flat out saying that
Spoiler
David made the Alien.
[close]

The Engineers on LV223 had a LOT of black goo.  I believe the original Juggernaut that crashed was full of it.  The Ship Shaw and David left in was full of it, and David told Shaw that there were many ships.  It makes sense to me that it probably wasn't uncommon for them to use it on planetary scales.  That being the case, the Engineers would certainly have know about it's "rare" side effects.

My original thought was that the Engineers could use the goo with surgical like precision, but now it appears that it's more like a blunt instrument or rolling the dice.  Maybe they are trying to recreate an accident and that is what Earth was all about.  Seed life with a specific genetic profile (themselves), and then drop goo at a certain point in development in hopes that you get lucky on the result.

Hell, perhaps the Engineers were the accidental mutation created by the original makers of the black goo.  I still don't think the Engineers are the it's original creators.

As far as the Derelict on LV426.  It's going to be portrayed as a recent event.  IMO three scenarios can account for it.

1) Walter leads Engineers to David.
2) There is an Engineer presence wherever the Covenant is headed.
3) There is an abandoned Jugger wherever the Covenant is headed.

I suppose it's also possible that David takes the Covenant back to LV-223 instead of where they were going.  In any case, he needs access to an Engineer ship.

EJA

Quote from: Mustangjeff on May 17, 2017, 12:34:57 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2017, 08:04:24 AM
So are we.  :-\ I don't think that's an Alien in the mural but something Alien-like. It does also seems to indicate that the Engineers knew of or revered an Alien-like creature. We see the Deacon at the end of Prometheus so there's some connection to a pre-existing Alien-like creature.

However, according to Alien: Covenant
Spoiler
the mutations caused by the black goo are a by-product, not intended and something rare. The Neomorphs, an Alien-like creature, seem to have spawned from mutations caused by the black goo.
The Alien, as it stands, is a result of the refinement David made to the black goo and genetic experimentation, etc.
[close]

One recent interview has Scott flat out saying that
Spoiler
David made the Alien.
[close]

The Engineers on LV223 had a LOT of black goo.  I believe the original Juggernaut that crashed was full of it.  The Ship Shaw and David left in was full of it, and David told Shaw that there were many ships.  It makes sense to me that it probably wasn't uncommon for them to use it on planetary scales.  That being the case, the Engineers would certainly have know about it's "rare" side effects.

My original thought was that the Engineers could use the goo with surgical like precision, but now it appears that it's more like a blunt instrument or rolling the dice.  Maybe they are trying to recreate an accident and that is what Earth was all about.  Seed life with a specific genetic profile (themselves), and then drop goo at a certain point in development in hopes that you get lucky on the result.

Hell, perhaps the Engineers were the accidental mutation created by the original makers of the black goo.  I still don't think the Engineers are the it's original creators.

As far as the Derelict on LV426.  It's going to be portrayed as a recent event.  IMO three scenarios can account for it.

1) Walter leads Engineers to David.
2) There is an Engineer presence wherever the Covenant is headed.
3) There is an abandoned Jugger wherever the Covenant is headed.

I suppose it's also possible that David takes the Covenant back to LV-223 instead of where they were going.  In any case, he needs access to an Engineer ship.

If any of that happens, the movie will suck. I don't see how anyone could think it would be a good thing.

Rudiger

As Prometheus and Covenant have proved: Some mysteries are best left unsolved.

Highland

Something that's not really explained in the movie, is how did the derelict that David and Shaw were on crash in the forest... if it was docked and bombing the engineers? Did he just decide to nose dive it into the forest ?   

Rudiger

Quote from: Highland on May 17, 2017, 01:41:01 PM
Something that's not really explained in the movie, is how did the derelict that David and Shaw were on crash in the forest... if it was docked and bombing the engineers? Did he just decide to nose dive it into the forest ?

You weren't supposed to notice.

Scott and co seem to be following the "Look. Over there. Something shiny." school of film making.

gantarat

Fox: go buy prequel novel !

Highland

Quote from: Rudiger on May 17, 2017, 01:46:17 PM

You weren't supposed to notice.

Scott and co seem to be following the "Look. Over there. Something shiny." school of film making.

Well after just watching it I can buy that answer.

motherfather

motherfather

It is also precariously wedged into the side of the hill. If I'm not mistaken, the crew enter up through a hole in the floor of the juggernaut that opens out into the chair/navigation room. I'll have to examine the trailers again - my impression was that the bombing room is a side-room to the chair room.

The bombing room floor can open up. I don't think the chair room can open up without rearranging places for the chair and engineer hypersleep pods to stow safely.

Has anyone mapped out the layout of the juggernaut and the covenant yet? That sounds like a piece of fan work just waiting to happen. Same for Alien juggernaut, which seems to have "decks" whereas prometheus/covenant seem to have 1 level.

900SL

Quote from: gantarat on May 17, 2017, 08:53:04 AM
Idk ? but alien on mural look like
Spoiler
Covenant Chestburster (Xenomorph Tiny Version.)
[close]

In Prometheus, The mural is the wall painting on the ceiling which appears to show the Engineers triumphant over something Alien-like... possibly the source of the black goo, a precursor to the Xeno.

The 'Bas relief' behind the green crystal 'altar' appears to show some form of Xenomorph and is deliberately swirly. To me, this is implying that the goo (the swirly stuff) ultimately creates the Xeno. The actual form of the Xeno may be different depending on the host..

gantarat

Yeah,What about Green Crystal ? It's get cut on Prometheus Trailer Then appear on Final Films .

Punk

Quote from: gantarat on May 17, 2017, 01:47:04 PM

When does this novel come out anyway ?

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: Punk on May 18, 2017, 04:06:44 AM
Quote from: gantarat on May 17, 2017, 01:47:04 PM

When does this novel come out anyway ?

Around September .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed