[SPOILERS] So Covenant confirms that AvP and AvPR are not canon films.

Started by bacchus, May 13, 2017, 11:29:48 PM

Author
[SPOILERS] So Covenant confirms that AvP and AvPR are not canon films. (Read 93,655 times)

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 22, 2020, 09:54:37 PM
Quote from: TurokSwe on Mar 22, 2020, 08:07:48 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 22, 2020, 08:06:24 PM
The AVP films (or at least the first one) is only acknowledged by the Predator franchise.

While the Alien EU does utilize Predators, it does not acknowledge the crossover films beyond stylistic choices.

That's not what the evidence suggest though. Noting that even if the AVP films are not acknowledged by the Alien films (seeing as they were made before AVP), it doesn't change that AVP acknowledges the Alien films.

As far as Predator is concerned, Aliens do exist in the universe and a later film has acknowledged Aliens Versus Predator. Its only accurate to say that Predator as a franchise acknowledges it.

AVP does exist as a prequel to the Alien franchise but the Alien Prequels themselves have since retroactively made the Alien a more recent entity. It just means that in Predator the Alien is far more ancient whereas in Alien it's a more recent creature.

I understand the concept you're describing but it doesn't seem to be consistent with the evidence. The ancient nature of the Xenomorphs haven't been changed.

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 22, 2020, 09:34:38 PM
Resorting to facts?

No, but dishonestly resorting to ignoring the facts and the evidence presented by your opponent and then suggesting they haven't provided any.

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Mar 22, 2020, 10:00:52 PM

Regardless of the Alien's creation date.

I've already addressed this as well.

SuperiorIronman

I think I do remember some scant mentions of more ancient Xenomorph but this also should be noted that many Alien share similar traits and we know some Alien variants have occurred which would superficially resemble the "modern" Xenomorph. The Neomorph being the prime example of this and while it's a process to make a Deacon, we know the Engineers have encountered Humans enough that one is also just as possible pre-David.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 22, 2020, 08:06:24 PM
The AVP films (or at least the first one) is only acknowledged by the Predator franchise.

Both AvPs are currently canon to Predator my good man.  :)

SM

Resorting to facts?

How dare you resort to facts, sir!

TurokSwe

Quote from: SM on Mar 22, 2020, 11:04:24 PM
Resorting to facts?

How dare you resort to facts, sir!

Well, I don't know how, but I dare, unlike other people.

SM

I look forward to it.

TurokSwe

Voodoo Magic

And that concludes another exciting episode of...

Fan Desire versus Reality!

And as always, we conclude every episode with the following message...

Spoiler

;D
[close]

TurokSwe

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 22, 2020, 11:45:22 PM
And that concludes another exciting episode of...

Fan Desire versus Reality!

And as always, we conclude every episode with the following message...

Spoiler

;D
[close]

One could only hope that it would be over already.

Immortan Jonesy

The Old One

The Old One

It's here for everyone else's benefit, regarding the founding of Weyland Corporation, also although the information's probably far from new, I found another date: 

TurokSwe

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Mar 23, 2020, 10:50:31 AM

It's here for everyone else's benefit, regarding the founding of Weyland Corporation, also although the information's probably far from new, I found another date: 

Already addressed here; https://xenoversecenter.blogspot.com/2020/03/are-charles-weyland-and-peter-weyland.html

Corporal Hicks

TurokSwe

Kradan

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed