Future Fate of (Current) EU ?

Started by gantarat, May 13, 2017, 05:52:41 AM

Author
Future Fate of (Current) EU ? (Read 6,504 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I agree, Hicks, it's just cool when everything ties together, like Fire and Stone and the Titan Books and the WY Report.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I dont mind them trying to keep inline with current canon, but i doesnt bother me when a new film comes out and changes everything. Maybe because its been happening since A3.

I didnt care much for the titan books myself and found the mental gymastics caused by trying to fit them in between the films made them feel a bit corny. Especially bringing ash and ripley back in Out of the Shadows.

I enjoyed how fire and stone did it though. I dont think the inclusion of the predators made it too muddy, its not stated specifically how long the preds have been hunting aliens so it still fits in with the current canon well enough i suppose.

SM

SM

Not muddy in terms of how they're presented in the story but more from what Fox wants out of the franchise.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Maybe a bit premature to speculate, but Disney is eyeing purchasing Fox. If that happens, I foresee the comic rights going over to Marvel.

https://www.cbr.com/report-disney-fox-acquisition/

Russ840

Russ840

I would not want Marvel to be putting out the Aliens and Predator comics. Hope this does not happen.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Talks are on-again/off-again, so who knows at this point. It's all a play to the X-Men and F4 into the MCU.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Even though Fire & Stone and Life & Death probably still work (I'll have to go through them again), I'm pretty sure Covenant conflicts with all of the recent novels, with the exception of the Covenant related ones obviously.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RidgeTop on Nov 09, 2017, 08:23:40 AM
Even though Fire & Stone and Life & Death probably still work (I'll have to go through them again), I'm pretty sure Covenant conflicts with all of the recent novels, with the exception of the Covenant related ones obviously.

It's going to depend on how David distributes the eggs around... (if that's the road they go down)

Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 06, 2017, 07:14:53 PM
Maybe a bit premature to speculate, but Disney is eyeing purchasing Fox. If that happens, I foresee the comic rights going over to Marvel.

https://www.cbr.com/report-disney-fox-acquisition/

Seems like that is currently off the table. But I'd hate to see Alien and Predator go from Dark Horse to Marvel. DH already lost Star Wars and it just seems wrong to me if they'd lose another.  :'(

SM

SM

Marvel originally had Star Wars.

(DH did it better though).

Corporal Hicks

True, true. But they did what, 10 comics or something like that? I think it'd be fair to say that Star Wars comics were mainly known under DH. I bet it was a bit of a blow when they lost it. It's sentimental but I'd just hate to see them lose A/v/P too.

Russ840

Russ840

One of the reasons I'd hate for marvel to get AVP franchise is the quality of the collection. Dark horse put out such high quality hardcovers compared to marvel at a fraction of the cost.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Well, even if Marvel does wind up with the license, at least there's no chance of Bendis writing AVP anymore.

Russ840

Russ840

:laugh: lol.

SM

SM

QuoteTrue, true. But they did what, 10 comics or something like that?

107 issues plus 3 annuals over the course of 9 years.

Corporal Hicks

I'll shut my mouth then.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed