[HUGE SPOILER] Why did David need...

Started by OmegaZilla, May 11, 2017, 06:14:56 PM

Author
[HUGE SPOILER] Why did David need... (Read 3,908 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

...a space wasp/bee etc to introduce the parasitoid life cycle in the Neomorph template, thus creating the Alien? The Trilobite/Deacon demonstrates that the blueprint of a parasitoid life cycle was already encoded within the black fluid. So did the Neomorphs. So why were the wasps needed at all? Just a nifty reference to O'Bannon's original inspiration for the Alien?

426Buddy

Quote from: Omegamorph on May 11, 2017, 06:14:56 PM
...a space wasp/bee etc to introduce the parasitoid life cycle in the Neomorph template, thus creating the Alien? The Trilobite/Deacon demonstrates that the blueprint of a parasitoid life cycle was already encoded within the black fluid. So did the Neomorphs. So why were the wasps needed at all? Just a nifty reference to O'Bannon's original inspiration for the Alien?

I actually thought of that today, after hearing that spoiler. It didn't make sense to me either.

Evanus

Wait, so that was true?

Well, then I suppose the Xenomorphs are literally giant space bugs now..

Stanley

It's a Bug Hunt!

Robopadna

Quote from: Omegamorph on May 11, 2017, 06:14:56 PM

Honestly, I think it is because they don't want anyone to have to refer to Prometheus again.  They want to nearly hand wave away all connections outside of David.

El Diablo

Maybe he wanted a more controlled lifecycle. The spores that created the Neomorph seem rather fragile and appear randomly throughout the area near the Citadel, maybe the wasp and its method of propagation seemed more effective in creating his idea of a perfect organism.

Robopadna

Quote from: El Diablo on May 11, 2017, 06:53:54 PM
Maybe he wanted a more controlled lifecycle. The spores that created the Neomorph seem rather fragile and appear randomly throughout the area near the Citadel, maybe the wasp and its method of propagation seemed more effective in creating his idea of a perfect organism.

The complaint is that the Deacon/trilobite already worked like that so what did David do, exactly?  Take credit for something that was already there?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Robopadna on May 11, 2017, 06:52:39 PM
Honestly, I think it is because they don't want anyone to have to refer to Prometheus again.  They want to nearly hand wave away all connections outside of David.
let's assume that; regardless, the Neomorphs in Covenant display a very similar parasitoid life cycle. Just spores instead of facehuggers.

But it would only have been a question of fine-tuning the neomorph at that point; and the fluid has a parasitoid life cycle encoded within it as demonstrated by the trilobite (perhaps the hammerpede, too)

Robopadna

Quote from: Omegamorph on May 11, 2017, 06:59:14 PM
Quote from: Robopadna on May 11, 2017, 06:52:39 PM
let's assume that; regardless, the Neomorphs in Covenant display a very similar parasitoid life cycle. Just spores instead of facehuggers.

But it would only have been a question of fine-tuning the neomorph at that point; and the fluid has a parasitoid life cycle encoded within it as demonstrated by the trilobite.

I'm not really disagreeing with you...   I don't understand the need for the reference at all.  The property exists in nearly the exact same way in Prometheus and in a VERY similar way in the neo morphs in covenant.  The explanation that he needed to do anything seems somewhat stupid.

Again, maybe David is really somewhat stupid and just wants people to think he is smart.

JokersWarPig

Sounds like another stupid, unneeded addition considering the Trilobite and the Deacon.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Many people think that Ridley Scott did an Alien retcon, because many have assumed for decades that the Xenomorph was ancient. The last vestige of an ancient war, etc, etc. But the truth is that we didn't know this at that point, because it was never established on stone in the original movie (that was just speculation IMO).

But with Prometheus, we have an authentic Retcon, and like the OP has said, we already have the parasitoid life cycle in the aforementioned film. The only missing detail was the biomechanical design, and to be honest, It would have been much better a Retcon in the Engineers.

AsapJockey

can someone tell me what are the referencing too in a spoiler tag

Predaker

I don't think the black goo is encoded with the trilobite lifecycle as it were, what happened there was it mutated Holloway's love juice (which unfortunately David didn't have any of his own for experiments.)

So I guess he settled for a space wasp?

Robopadna

Quote from: Predaker on May 11, 2017, 07:18:25 PM
I don't think the black goo is encoded with the trilobite lifecycle as it were, what happened there was it mutated Holloway's love juice (which unfortunately David didn't have any of his own for experiments.)

That works I guess if he had to do that for the spores...  because they have nearly the exact same incubation cycle.  But if he is referring to the 'refinement' he is carrying out...   he's an idiot.

426Buddy

Quote from: Predaker on May 11, 2017, 07:18:25 PM

Yeah but the Neomorphs in Covenant already have a similar life cycle and that's before the wasps I think.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed