Could have been better. (2/5)
61 (13.3%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 457

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 287,317 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 14, 2024, 07:59:27 PMIf Milburn was a mad Straya c**t I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

There's plenty of videos of people from other countries getting rekt after assuming wild animals want a cuddle.

SiL

SiL

He wouldn't have run from the dead bodies like a prissy little bitch though.

SM

SM

He saw the dead bodies, thought 'Get lost!' then took it too literally.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Quote from: SiL on May 14, 2024, 08:23:10 PMHe wouldn't have run from the dead bodies like a prissy little bitch though.
Quote from: SM on May 14, 2024, 10:19:49 PMHe saw the dead bodies, thought 'Get lost!' then took it too literally.
Both of them only saw one dead body before getting lost. They find the Engineer pile later on while exploring the complex to get out. And the one with the maps was not only extremely anxious, but also high. A spiraling, bad trip combination. ;D

I maintain that Fifield and Millburn weren't actually dumb, just simply in a situation out of their league to no fault of their own.

The Prometheus mission was so classified that nearly the entire crew didn't even know where they were going or why. They were briefed about the main objective literally prior to descending upon LV-223. Millburn probably thought he'd be doing biology things for the mission and Fifield, geology things.

The crew just found a dead, decapitated human-like body in a temple on a distant planet light years away from Earth. That decapitated Engineer was the second alien life-form humans had ever discovered, with the small, harmless flatworm being the first just moments prior. Millburn and Fifield freaked at the situation they found themselves in.

I doubt Millburn expected to find any life, let alone an intelligent giant humanoid population. Clearly, he was in over his head and decided at that moment, along with Fifield, that they'd be better off going back to the ship realizing they were of no help to the crew or the main mission.

Quote"And I don't really have anything to contribute in the gigantic dead body arena, I'm gonna go back to the ship."

However, what was in Millburn's wheelhouse was handling a snake-like creature, which he'd likely done before given his very hands-on excitement for their "First Alien". He says "I can handle this" while showing off to Fifield, and finds some confidence in that very specific, familiar-to-him situation. He had his helmet on, so he'd be protected if the Hammerpede did spit venom. And lastly, by Earthly standards, and given the Hammerpede's size, it couldn't possibly have had the strength it eventually displayed while breaking Millburn's arm.

SM

SM

Nah.

I will defend Prometheus (and Covenant) more than most, but Millburn - "bi-ahh-lagy" - being scared of a dead body and smoochy to a big alien snek is silly.  Is it as silly as the guy with the mapping balls getting lost despite them having a live link to the Prometheus where they have a 3D map that pinpoints their exact location and Janek still asks where they are, when Shaw and the others get back?  Up to the viewer.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I always wondered if Vickers hired dipshits on purpose.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 15, 2024, 12:18:18 AMI always wondered if Vickers hired dipshits on purpose.

I think the WY Report states something to this affect within its pages. Little time to vet the crew properly and the possibility of wanting to sabotage her father's end goal. I think..

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 15, 2024, 12:18:18 AMI always wondered if Vickers hired dipshits on purpose.

She didn't believe anything was on LV-223, so while she didn't hire dipshits as such - they weren't the best of the best.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't know if she could have found a bigger dipshit than Fifield without scouring the Earth.  And even then, odds are low.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's also a disconnect from the Spaihts drafts, where the crew is largely made up prospectors, including Fifield and Milburn.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 15, 2024, 12:46:00 AMI don't know if she could have found a bigger dipshit than Fifield without scouring the Earth.  And even then, odds are low.

Well yeah Fifield was a dipshit - but could also have been a half decent rock lover.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Still Collating...

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 15, 2024, 12:46:00 AMI don't know if she could have found a bigger dipshit than Fifield without scouring the Earth.  And even then, odds are low.

Shaw, an archeologist that saw a few rock paintings jumped to a conclusion that her "Engineers" are there where they were pointing to, and immediately thought it was an invitation. Jumps to crazy conclusions and as a scientist says: "That's what I choose to believe..." :laugh: The worst thing is the ridiculing she gets from Milburn and Vickers is completely correct.

SM

SM

That's not what happened.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

I mean, in fairness, there is the fact that all of the paintings point to LV-223's system and not their homeworld... at a time before the engineers decided to wipe us out, so presumably there'd be nothing there at the time they were doing so / no biological weapon facility. 🤣 Like "civilisations of Earth, here is a random uninhabitable planet... one day, if you piss us off, we *may* develop weapons there to wipe you out..just wanted to pre-emptively show you."

*Romans crucify Engineer Jesus*

Engineers: "Right, we warned the f**kers - didn't we tell them?" "Several times." "Right, build the goo factory" 😠

Engineer Jeff, (first week on job): "Sir, I dropped a vase." "Did you clean it up?" "Yes sir!" *holds up yellow mop* "Really!? Are you f**king shitting me!? Come here *opens folder and pulls out file* Is this your signature?? Cause this looks like your signature to say you watched and understood the training hologram on cross contamination." "Yes sir" "and what colour mop do we use in the head room??" "..." "..the BLUE mop!! How many f**king times Jeff!??" "My bad Sir..I'll..urgh..-ack!!" *clutches chest as Neomorph pops* "Here we f**king go... *picks up flute and sounds the alarm* trunk masks on, everyone." 🙄

~ 2 centuries later ~

Shaw: "it's an invitation!!!" 🤩

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed