Could have been better. (2/5)
61 (13.3%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 457

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 288,535 times)

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 19, 2017, 06:52:24 PM
I've just rewatched it yesterday, and I noticed how uncanny the neomorph was when standing up after killing Rosenthal, that was a good shot. Also, loved the music during the Oram chestburster scene, I definitely felt something at this moment. Overall, I'm not too fond of this movie, but I didn't hate it either, and at least rewatching it made me realize that those two scenes were cool, along with the two neomorphs births that I already liked during my first viewing.

Well, that's how rewatching things works. We notice things we didn't, before. I'm sure some people hate the film more after a second viewing but generally-speaking I'd bet that most people who sit through any film they hated will find themselves realizing that first impressions are as unreliable as ever.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jul 29, 2017, 06:52:16 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 19, 2017, 06:52:24 PM
I've just rewatched it yesterday, and I noticed how uncanny the neomorph was when standing up after killing Rosenthal, that was a good shot. Also, loved the music during the Oram chestburster scene, I definitely felt something at this moment. Overall, I'm not too fond of this movie, but I didn't hate it either, and at least rewatching it made me realize that those two scenes were cool, along with the two neomorphs births that I already liked during my first viewing.

Well, that's how rewatching things works. We notice things we didn't, before. I'm sure some people hate the film more after a second viewing but generally-speaking I'd bet that most people who sit through any film they hated will find themselves realizing that first impressions are as unreliable as ever.

That's often the case, though I find it's very much the opposite with Alien 3... ;)

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

I've been checking out the movie again. I still hate it. Mainly due to how it killed the alien and made it into a david-invention.
i'm still very much unimpressed with how they handled shaw, there was so much to go with after prometheus, and nothing of it was used.
matter of fact, even david was not the same at all, rather a psychopathic maniac on the loose. and even that was inconsistent when he was suddenly aboard the covenant.the movie in itself made very little sense when there was so much to go with.

something that i didnt notice in the cinema but did notice on the download i watched is that in the terraforming bay when getting rid of the alien she warns tennessee not to shoot the alien unless absolutely neccesary because it's blood goes through the hull. i know she could have managed to understand that from the scene before where she puts the alien in the lander claw and shoots it and it's blood melts through the steel construct, but still it's odd to say it like that in this experience.

also noticed that indeed david attacked walter with the flute and it was the blood gushing out that looked like a whip when he pulled it from him. i could swear i saw a whip like cord thing pulled from walter but i guess eyes can be genuinly decieving.

i do admit i hated it less this time than in the cinema. still, prometheus is a lot better imho and that is not a good thing.

oh well.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Sorry you dislike the film so much. I don't. I loved how David was the creator of this particular offshoot of the beast, and how Shaw was murdered. I thought the film made a lot of sense.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Nick IS Smart.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Finally got to watch the film a second time, still really enjoyed it despite the flaws. This time however i found myself craving more of the Alien.

I think the soundtrack is really effective and erie as well.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 06, 2017, 01:21:05 PM
Finally got to watch the film a second time, still really enjoyed it despite the flaws. This time however i found myself craving more of the Alien.

I think the soundtrack is really effective and erie as well.
Soundtrack is amazing and I wonder how exactly it was created with relation to the editing of the film. The medbay scene is so superbly tied to its accompanying soundtrack. Only superior aesthetic sense of Scott made this possible.

Snake

Snake

This song sums up exactly how I feel.

Scree

Scree

I think I like Alien Covenant. Not because it's very interesting...or scary...or creative...or fun, at least. It just clearly explains that the Alien we all loved for so long never really was an alien but a genetically engineered frankenstein monster created by a Weyland Yutani Android out of black goo and some dead chick's body parts and organs. Now we know why WY always knew about the Alien and why they want it. We thought they were just an evil corporation that wants to use this extremely dangerous and deadly alien organism as a biological weapon and rule everyone with an iron fist. However, we were wrong all along. Weyland Yutani never was evil. They created the android that created the Alien which makes the Alien an official product of Weyland Yutani. They just want their own product back and they have every right to. Everything makes sense now. Thank you, Sir Ridley Scott. Good job.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Scree on Aug 09, 2017, 09:24:24 PM
I think I like Alien Covenant. Not because it's very interesting...or scary...or creative...or fun, at least. It just clearly explains that the Alien we all loved for so long never really was an alien but a genetically engineered frankenstein monster created by a Weyland Yutani Android out of black goo and some dead chick's body parts and organs. Now we know why WY always knew about the Alien and why they want it. We thought they were just an evil corporation that wants to use this extremely dangerous and deadly alien organism as a biological weapon and rule everyone with an iron fist. However, we were wrong all along. Weyland Yutani never was evil. They created the android that created the Alien which makes the Alien an official product of Weyland Yutani. They just want their own product back and they have every right to. Everything makes sense now. Thank you, Sir Ridley Scott. Good job.

Not the way I see it, but if it makes you happy.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Scree on Aug 09, 2017, 09:24:24 PM
It just clearly explains that the Alien we all loved for so long never really was an alien but a genetically engineered frankenstein monster created by a Weyland Yutani Android out of black goo and some dead chick's body parts and organs.

I'd argue that its origin doesn't change its alien behaviour and consumption of our species.

SM

SM

Besides David is a Weyland Corp android.

;D

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

I'm still in awe that this was the story chosen. If you told me to write down 10 Prometheus 2 ideas, a colony ship would not make it.

Sooooo so random.

Evanus

Evanus

Well, it's really because of the idea that David created the Xenomorph. He needs enough hosts to perfect the Xenomorph, and it makes sense for a colonization ship to have a lot of humans on it.

Scree

Scree

Also in hindsight it is very strange that of all those couples on that colonization mission not a single one had a cat. That was the only thing still missing to fully complete the stupidity of Ridley Scott's Alien prequel ideas. How could he miss that? :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed