Alien Covenant Review Roundup

Started by Darkness, May 07, 2017, 03:38:05 AM

Author
Alien Covenant Review Roundup (Read 124,253 times)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I felt Prometheus needed at least another 20-30 minutes and I'll likely feel the same about AC. I think Ridley drives himself too hard to prove he can be as fast and pacey as the younger generation, and it comes off as trying too hard. Hurts the film.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 09, 2017, 02:25:11 PM
I felt Prometheus needed at least another 20-30 minutes and I'll likely feel the same about AC. I think Ridley drives himself too hard to prove he can be as fast and pacey as the younger generation, and it comes off as trying too hard. Hurts the film.

Yeah I've always felt another 20-30 minutes would have improved Prometheus massively and it does sound like Covenant suffers the same. I'm not sure its because he's trying to keep up with the younger generation though, I just think he likes to keep his films trim.

Synyster

Synyster

Not to go off topic here, but one of the French reviews says Scott is 80. Holy smokes, dude looks pretty good for 80.

Jarac

Jarac

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 09, 2017, 02:25:11 PM

I think Ridley just greatly underestimates the younger audiences. If we're coming to see a film like this, we expect a longer run-time. 2 1/2 hours is nothing, really.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I agree.

John Doe

John Doe

Shaw it today in Spain (press pass) and i prefer Prometheus. It doesn´t work well as a Alien movie, better as a Prometheus 2 movie. I hate the CGI of the xeno, not the Neomorph, some scenes between David and Walter are to much long. I don´t like the dialogues of Oram, overexplication of his character. Fassbender (as David) it´s the best, also Amy Seimetz as Faris in her short scenes.

Not many horror scenes, i miss Noomi Rapace (better than Katherine W.), i also hate the
Spoiler
Alien vision
[close]
and how they showed what happened to James Franco character (
Spoiler
Bad cgi for the flames
[close]
).

The worst part it´s the end and what happens with Lope.

My order:

Alien
Aliens
Prometheus
Alien 3
Alien : Covenant
Alien Resurrection

Evanus

Evanus

What happens with Lope, then?

John Doe

John Doe

The
Spoiler
hyper fast birth of the other Xeno. 5 seconds with a Facehugger in your face and you are infected like Kane.
[close]
???

Evanus

Evanus

Ah, I see.  :-\

I don't like how they're straight up contradicting stuff from the original films.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Evanus on May 09, 2017, 04:05:11 PM
Ah, I see.  :-\

I don't like how they're straight up contradicting stuff from the original films.

Nothing in Covenant contradicts the originals. The originals contradict Covenant. Obviously there is a plan we are not privy to.  I haven't seen the film or read the spoilers but it seems people are looking at this film in the wrong way

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

That, or the filmmakers f**ked up.

BishopShouldGo

Some writer better pull a miracle out of a hat. They have four more hours to do so.

Synyster

Synyster

Maybe originally incubation happened quickly and as the DNA of the creature progresses it takes longer. I don't see the big deal?

Godzillakuj94

For those who have seen it, are there any scenes with practical aliens? Or are they all CG in the final product?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

They made physical Aliens for use in filming, but the gist I got from the creature effects guy is even the practical Aliens were augmented with CGI.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed